05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

New Rear Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/08, 05:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
New Rear Louvers

I came across this car at the Woodward Mustang Alley on the weekend. They designed a new rear louver that looks pretty good, and is different.

What do you think? They can customize it to your liking. I talk to the guy who created it, and it seems to be a very well made product.

Old 8/19/08, 05:43 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like you are climbing a set of stairs.
Old 8/19/08, 05:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also saw it there and it looked very different from the usual rear window louvres . Actually it looked very good on that car. Not my own preference ,but very good if you like that sort of mod.
Old 8/19/08, 05:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
Sorry but I think it looks pretty silly. Maybe in person it looks better.
Old 8/19/08, 07:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Looks very radical. I'd sure like to see a pic from further away. Its nice to see a mod company willing to try something different.
Old 8/19/08, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they'll put that on the new KITT attack mode!

-danny
Old 8/19/08, 09:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The kids face in the first pic says it all.
Old 8/19/08, 10:32 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by adrenalin
Looks like you are climbing a set of stairs.

I was thinking it is more in line with a retaining wall.

Old 8/19/08, 10:36 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Even if you liked it, which I absolutely don't, isn't it missing the top piece?

I would rather see the aluminum louvers painted vista blue with white stripes than these stick on wings. It's like having 4 ricer spoilers on the car.
Old 8/19/08, 10:40 AM

Yeah, I checked that car out also.

The louvers look trick from farther away, but when you see them closer they look cheap. They are simple sheets of Lexan bolted to mounts that sticky tape to the window.

The shape has absolutely no aero qualities. In fact, with the triple digit speeds our cars get into, I would be frightened that these things would blow right off.
Old 8/29/08, 09:11 AM

I am Paul Winner, from Ann Arbor, Michigan, designer and maker of Aerofinz under our Company 2NRCARZ "TunerCars". I appreciate the comments from the recent Mustang Alley show, as we are always looking for feedback and designs that our customers prefer. We are considering varying designs as we speak to the original design seen at Mustang Alley, including the new style mounting stanchions first seen at the show.

All of our materials are the best we have researched and found, including the polycarbonate ("Lexan") used in bullet proof applications in proper thickness, to the mounting materials only available commercially and used among other applications, to secure exterior panels to sky scrapers in hurricane areas, without additional attaching hardware, in aircraft applications, etc.

Although we of course do not condone driving beyond safe and posted speeds, we have tested Aerofinz for now two years, thousands and thousands of documented miles all at highway "+" speeds, including "triple digit speeds" with absolutely no signs documented of separation. We are scheduled to have documented closed track testing this September, with professional video, and currently have a short clip on our web site demonstrating the strength of correctly attached Finz as well, with more to be added soon. All 80 inches of snow received this Winter at our location accumulated on the same Aerofinz on the same car seen at Mustang Alley, as the car was never garaged even a single day for the past year for testing and daily driving purposes.

Feel free to email me at: Paul@2NRCARZ.com, see us at the upcoming Shelby & Mustang show 9/13/08 at Dearborn, Michigan where at least two cars with our AeroFinz are scheduled to be in attendance. We welcome anyone, anytime, to contact us for a personal viewing at our facilities as well.

Of course our Finz aren't for everyone, however anyone considering louvers of any style should check us out, as we are the only Company offering literally limitless color and design choices, complete and ready to install!

www.2NRCARZ.com
www.Aerofinz.com
Old 8/29/08, 09:50 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmm, looks like the pictures have been removed. Go figure. Anyway, thanks for the info Paul. Although it is nice to see a company fully test their product, and I am sure it is a good product, personally I do not think the style (design) blends in well with the S197 body.