05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

MRT 1/4 Window Louvers are On

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/05, 05:36 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by ILikeBond@July 18, 2005, 11:32 PM
Just to put them close in proximity
The MRT louvers look better, hands down, IMO. Just no comparison.
Old 7/19/05, 06:49 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I waited for the MRT's because I like the looks of them the best. As for installation, right now there is a metal bracket that gets mounted to the glass to assist in keeping the louvers in place. They are working on the removable hardware and will ship that out to the customers once they have it. Personally, I really don't need mine to be removable.
Old 7/19/05, 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=ILikeBond,July 18, 2005, 10:31 PM]
The MRTs look great - very clean. I like the square shape soooo much better than the rounded look of most the other louvres, especially the 3d carbon and SSE ones, and especially the generation 1 louvres in each case.

However, I have come to like the Roush louvres a lot, as well. Now the decision looks really tough.......

I don't know Jack, the shape is right but like you said, those screws just don't cut it.

I'll (or Adrenalin will no doubt soon) post some more profile pics. I agree they look a touch bigger on LL than the Black MRT Stang that they were intro'd on. John's will probably blend a bit better with his SB paint.

Talk soon, Mark.
Old 7/19/05, 07:16 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Doesn't look like I will be posting mine to soon. Bodyshop says that there is no way my car will be ready before Friday :bang: This is started to drive me nuts. I don't think I will be able to get my car ready for the Saturday car show now. grrrrrrrr
However, when mine is back, I will restripe it and take some pics for you guys.

Mark, what colour did you have the insides of yours painted, LL or black? Mine are being painted Satin black.
Old 7/19/05, 08:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mark & Jack - you both have incredible looking cars - nice work However I'm torn between the Roush and MRT. I like the overall shape of them both, but those 3 holes in the Roush ruin it. Does anyone know if it would be feasible to get the Roush louvers and have those holes filled and painted? Regardless of which set I go with, I'm considering painting them a dark charcoal with lots of metal flake.
Old 7/19/05, 08:36 AM
Retired Tms Staff

I'm sure you could get the holes filled and then sanded. The only thing I don't know is what they would look like mounted with tape. For example, the MRT's have a lip that the tape goes into so when you stick them on the louvers are flush with the body. Not sure if the roush ones have something like that. If they don't then when you stick them on they would not sit flush with the body.
Old 7/19/05, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MTAS@July 19, 2005, 9:06 AM
Mark & Jack - you both have incredible looking cars - nice work However I'm torn between the Roush and MRT. I like the overall shape of them both, but those 3 holes in the Roush ruin it. Does anyone know if it would be feasible to get the Roush louvers and have those holes filled and painted? Regardless of which set I go with, I'm considering painting them a dark charcoal with lots of metal flake.
FYI, that picture of the LL w/ Roush louvres is not my car - just a picture I found on another site - just thought having similar-looking car for side-by-side comparison of Roush and MRT louvres would be helpful, since its coming down to those two for me. Looks like some others are thinking along the same lines.

Can't wait to see more MRTs.

BTW - for those of you who ordered them and have received them already - did you order on MRT's website? over the phone? Did you pre-order?

Thanks!
Old 7/19/05, 09:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Original Sin, any chance you could take a pic or two from the driver's perspective trying to look out that window? Like what you would see if you were checking traffic before you make a lane change. I've just wondered how bad they hinder your vision of traffic. I hate relying on just mirrors to see if anyone's there.
Old 7/19/05, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, so I ordered a pair. I'm sold. I really like 'em. Glad I held off on the Roushs, even though I think those are nice, too.

MRT said they have some extras in stock (they've been shipping out pre-orders), so you can order them now and they'll ship - no backorder.

FYI, I also asked about the interceptor hood scoop - the price is not listed on the website. It is non-functional and costs $225, but is backordered.

MRT's website also says that a functional ram air hood is coming soon. I talked to the guy about this a bit. He said that it was in development, along with a bunch of other stuff. Judging based on the progress of the MRT louvres, I'll be ready to pick up my hood sometime in late 2008, early 2009. Seriously, it is nice to see that another company is developing a good like this to compete with the RK Sport Ram Air hood (the one w/ scoop, not the california dream one), since the RK Sport has had some problems. I don't know if I can wait for MRT on this, though...

Anyway, of course, I'll post the MRT louvres once completed. Going on a redfire. Maybe I'll be the first red adoptor.

Oh, also, btw - the guy said that once the swingable bracket was ready, they would automatically ship out to purchasers. For now, the MRT sticks onto the window 2 ways - with 3M tape around the perimeter, and then bolted into a bracket which is, itself, stuck on the window with tape, although he said it was more like a stick-em pad, and said once it goes on, it's very tough to remove (I'm thinkign that sort-of soft foam-like sticky stuff you find on wall hooks and such).

Excited!
Old 7/19/05, 11:39 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Awesome Jack. I hope you like them as much as we do.
Old 7/19/05, 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@July 19, 2005, 7:19 AM
Doesn't look like I will be posting mine to soon. Bodyshop says that there is no way my car will be ready before Friday :bang: This is started to drive me nuts. I don't think I will be able to get my car ready for the Saturday car show now. grrrrrrrr
However, when mine is back, I will restripe it and take some pics for you guys.

Mark, what colour did you have the insides of yours painted, LL or black? Mine are being painted Satin black.
Hey John.....just went with LL inside as well. Looks OK from the inside, black would have been better if Ford hadn't of been so lazy and gone with one-tone parchment trim in the back seat (side arm rest area) vs the charcoal and parchment two-tone in the front.

And....for anyone wondering if you can see out back through the louvers (the blind spot).....YES you can. Which I'm impressed with.

Lookin forward to yours and I'll be having to drool over everyone else's mods 'cause I'M DONE!!!

See ya, Mark.
Old 7/19/05, 11:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by John H@July 19, 2005, 9:39 AM
Original Sin, any chance you could take a pic or two from the driver's perspective trying to look out that window? Like what you would see if you were checking traffic before you make a lane change. I've just wondered how bad they hinder your vision of traffic. I hate relying on just mirrors to see if anyone's there.
Hey John. I'll get to inside pics when it's not so stinkin hot but YOU CAN SEE BEHIND, right around the blind spot. Like I told the others with MRT's yet to go on, I'm impressed with the view, I agree with you it's important.

Mark
Old 7/19/05, 12:45 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Mark, are you still meeting up with us on August 27th?
Old 7/19/05, 06:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@July 19, 2005, 12:48 PM
Mark, are you still meeting up with us on August 27th?
Yes Sir, I'll be there & lookin forward to it.
Old 7/19/05, 07:29 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by Original Sin@July 19, 2005, 6:30 PM
Yes Sir, I'll be there & lookin forward to it.
too bad, I wanted to be the only one there with MRT louvers. Just kidding. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Old 7/20/05, 03:55 PM

Hey Original sin, your car is awesome, could you tell me what rims those are on your car. If you bought them online could ya give me the link i'd love to put them on my car!
Old 7/20/05, 06:32 PM
V6 Member

Talking

Got my MRT louvers installed here are pictures as promised.

visibility is not bad at all
Old 7/20/05, 06:34 PM
V6 Member

Talking

Got my MRT louvers installed here are pictures as promised. [attachmentid=28020][attachmentid=28021]
Old 7/20/05, 06:43 PM
V6 Member

here is a shot looking out ,,, $%$%^%^@ sorry about the double post
Old 7/20/05, 07:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05FSTBK@July 20, 2005, 6:46 PM
here is a shot looking out ,,, $%$%^%^@ sorry about the double post
They look awesome Jason. The more I see 'em, the more I like 'em.....not that I'm predjudiced or anything!!!

Mark.

Quick Reply: MRT 1/4 Window Louvers are On