05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

MORE SHELBY WHEELS

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/06, 06:50 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well that kinda takes away from their uniqueness. Razor wheels with Shelby name and emblem :notnice:
Old 1/29/06, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got a price for the 20's?
Old 1/29/06, 09:00 PM
V6 Member

Explain to me what the 24 offset will do or look like, why would this be a bad thing. Sorry I don't know what the offset really means. Thanks in advance
Old 1/30/06, 02:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Those are cool wheels but I don't like the fake bolts around the outer edge. Just my opinion. Lose those however and I would consider them. Something different!
Old 1/30/06, 06:56 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Originally posted by ohavemercy@January 30, 2006, 12:03 AM
Explain to me what the 24 offset will do or look like, why would this be a bad thing. Sorry I don't know what the offset really means. Thanks in advance
Here:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on 05+ Mustangs, having 24 offset means that you risk having the rim stick out past the fender...you'd have to measure and test them out to see for sure. anything less, would be even worse.

k
Old 1/30/06, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by backafter20@January 29, 2006, 1:49 AM
Those are the wheels as seen on the Shelby CS6. I didn't like them until I saw them in person, and then they looked much better. I like the deep dish effect. Why do websites like that one not just put prices out where you can find them? It's so aggravating to navigate a whole site and not find what you're looking for. It's the Cobra-style Halibrands that I'm thinking of for my GT, but they don't seem to make them to fit.
I don't seem to have ANY problems with my Hallibrand Cobra III!!! I have to wash my car, but it rained the last couple of days. 18x9s will be available through Discount Tire and MRT (if I'm not mistaken) by no later than the end of March (it's what I heard).

I'll post pics this week, so you can decide for yourselves if you like the look. Check the Appearance - Exterior often!
Old 1/30/06, 03:25 PM
V6 Member

Would the 17x7.5 size wheels of this model fit on my V6 without having to use any spacers or anything?

Shelby 17x7.5

If so, I'd love to get a set of these.
Old 1/30/06, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ohavemercy@January 29, 2006, 12:27 PM
I get such a kick out of the whole "poser" thing. The 60s-70s era was all about making there cars shelby replicas. Why can't we add something like real shelby wheels to our cars without hearing crap from people like you are trying to pose as a GT500, or a C6. Would someone explain to me why other people care what I or other people do to there cars, if it puts a smile on my face, thats what should matter, I don't place emblems on my car, or try to "pose" as something it is not, however these rims are badhiney, so if I put these on, am I a POSER

Just to interject a point here and I’m not picking on you ohavemercy. But the ARE Shelby Series 427 are truly a “Counterfeit wheel†or “Poser†as some would say. The Halibrand Cobra III is even a copy of the “Original†Halibrand Cobra II wheel. The Cobra II was designed and still is manufactured by Halibrand to this day for the original 427SC cobras. As well as are the Halibrand Cobra III wheels for fitments on the SN-95 and S-197. It is incredible when a company will go to the lengths to fool the buying public or persuade opinions to there favor through slick wording and marketing. This is not the way to be “Honorable†in business or to show “Integrity†when doing business. ARE has even posted a vintage photo of a car on their web page showing the Halibrand wheels making it to appear as though they have been their all along. Granted you can’t show a vintage photo with out wheels but pick one that has your wheels on it. ARE in particular is very good at deception. Don’t be fooled by “Counterfeiters†they are just trying to make a buck on the backs of what others pioneered and built. I’ll get off my soapbox now. Here’s my two cents I owe you all $ .02 :nono:
Old 1/30/06, 08:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by acadian@January 29, 2006, 12:03 PM
I have an '05 Mustang that I am making into a '67 GT350 tribute, and I will not be putting the word "Shelby" or a cobra emblem on my car... but having Shelby wheels with a cobra on them is not posing at all IMO. I think that the wheels are totally seperate than the car itself.

Edit: To get back on topic... I like those wheels a lot. I just happen to love the bullitts, so that's what's going on my car.
If someone has Foose wheels on their car...it doesn't actually mean they have a Foose car does it?!

I agree with you also Krissy...I like them!
Old 1/31/06, 08:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is what I got back from AR on the wheels, amazing cause all the pics show these rims on the shelby, how dumb to make these rims and advertise em for our cars and then not make em to fit!! just dumb.
Greetings!

Thank you for your interest in American Racing!

The information you listed below about the offset is correct. The 2005 Mustang typically requires a higher offset than the +24 of the Razor wheels. The wheels work great on the rear, but on the front it is too aggressive and will run into issue with fender well rubbing, therefore is not recommended.

I hope this information helps!

Sincerely,

American Racing
info@americanracing.com

Sam
Old 1/31/06, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

ummm but arent these the wheels on the car that West Coast is making FOR SHELBY????
Old 2/13/06, 12:08 PM
V6 Member

Yeah...I got all hot and bothered about those wheels after seeing them on the WCC 'stang and e-mailed AR to get the correct offsets. Got the same message as above! Come on, AR! Don't stroke it and then cut it off. On the other hand, did you get a load of those new Rogue wheels? They do fit the GT and can be staggered in 20".
Old 2/15/06, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Everytime we get into this "rice" or "poser" deal I think we all need to take a deep breath and relax a little. After the early Mustang GT's came out Ford made a bundle off selling kits to make Mustangs that were not GT's look like GT's.

Try to remember everyone is trying to make their car unique, special, and different from everyone one elses.

I'm surprised a moderator would not chime in with a "fair and balanced" comment. Remember in a free country you can do most anything you want to your Mustang. I personally get a little tired of the critical comments when some comes up with an idea that uses a cobra or shelby nameplate.

The reality of why they are sharing a post is to get your feedback, but we shouldn't body slam our members. I used cobra jet script on my CDC Shaker, does that make it "rice" or a "poser", I think not, I'm just going for the retro look, the car design is a retro based theme. I also just added some Carrol Shelby Center Caps with my stock Bullet Wheels, figure out where I got them, it's almost impossible to do, the company won't sell them to you........

I guess I'm just saying we should be a little more tolerant with our comments and so forth. There are many really good people on this site providing much needed information via "don't do that" I've already made that mistake or this is what worked for me.........

Just my thoughts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 07:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that the dealership I work at purchased these and they stick out horribly in the front. Not to mention that with a 275/40 all around it looks awful. The rear would also be an issue if your car is lowered as the outer edge of the tire sticks out further than the fender.
Old 2/15/06, 08:56 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tapd117 @ February 15, 2006, 7:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Everytime we get into this "rice" or "poser" deal ...I'm surprised a moderator would not chime in with a "fair and balanced" comment. [/b][/quote]

I have commented repeatedly on this issue in the past...(dead horse) but here goes again. It's a free country, do what you want to your car. It's just a car; as long a you are not trying to sell it as something it's not.

I personally would not put certain items on my car, but I will not impose on others, my personal beliefs of what is or is not appropriate for their car.
Old 2/16/06, 04:48 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ January 29, 2006, 1:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have an '05 Mustang that I am making into a '67 GT350 tribute, and I will not be putting the word "Shelby" or a cobra emblem on my car... but having Shelby wheels with a cobra on them is not posing at all IMO. I think that the wheels are totally seperate than the car itself.

Edit: To get back on topic... I like those wheels a lot. I just happen to love the bullitts, so that's what's going on my car.
[/b][/quote]

And they will look saaawheeeet bro!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

(funny - when I first mounted mine, I ordered the tribar poby logo wheel caps to replace the Cobras - and EVERYONE around here told me to leave them on the car cause they liked the Cobras better..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] So I have! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] )
Old 9/3/06, 08:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Bump.....any new info on these wheels? I've seen them in person now and they are SWEET!
Old 9/3/06, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by slowjoe24
Bump.....any new info on these wheels? I've seen them in person now and they are SWEET!
Yep! They're sweet!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 9/3/06, 09:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks!!!
Old 9/18/06, 08:15 PM
V6 Member

cgoeschel,

Where did you buy your rims and tires from and what sizes are your rims and tires? Do you have any scrub issues? And finally, what did you do for your lowering? Springs? Struts? etc.....

Thanks

Quick Reply: MORE SHELBY WHEELS