05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

This might sound stupid but...

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/07, 06:13 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This might sound stupid but...

You can get quarter window louvers unpainted for a lot less than painted ones...my question is, if I purchase the louvers unpainted, where can I get them painted (for an exact color match) and how much should I expect to pay?
Old 1/29/07, 06:20 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any good bodyshop, And I'd guess $100-200.
Old 1/29/07, 07:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I brought mine to a dealer, I was alslo getting other body work done, so the cost for painting the scoops was basically free.
Old 1/30/07, 03:01 PM
GT Member

Thanks...well, I called the dealership I bought the car from and they don't have a body shop, so they can't paint the louvers for me. However, I also asked about installing the lowering spring kit from Eibach and they refused. They said making modifications to the car will cancel out the warranty on that part of the vehicle. Amazing!
Old 1/31/07, 09:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jpro
Thanks...well, I called the dealership I bought the car from and they don't have a body shop, so they can't paint the louvers for me.
Any body shop could paint them. I would go to a body shop that has a good reputation before going to the one that is for the make of your car, especially to just have something painted. Now, if they were removing parts of the car to get repainted, that may be a different story, because the dealership body shop would have more experience in taking their cars apart

But, for your case, just find out who has a good reputation, and go there.
Old 2/1/07, 07:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
buying them painted will probably save you a few bucks. I bought mine off of ebay for like 280. Color match was pretty good
Old 2/1/07, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I bought mine prepainted from v6mustang stuff.com and the color was WAY off and I got stiffed they refused to call me back...B*stards

Old 2/1/07, 09:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Joe,

Find a new dealer!!!!!!
Old 2/2/07, 07:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks...well, I called the dealership I bought the car from and they don't have a body shop, so they can't paint the louvers for me. However, I also asked about installing the lowering spring kit from Eibach and they refused. They said making modifications to the car will cancel out the warranty on that part of the vehicle. Amazing!

As my dealer put it, yes it voids the warranty on that part. Ie: you pull the factory exhaust and put on new ones, the warranty on the factory exhaust is void, untill you put it back on. Warranty back in place .

If the part is not on the car it is not under warranty. If you put a mod on and it causes something else to break, they have to prove it caused it. If you put a CAI on and the radio goes out no correlation between the two.
If you put in high intensity headlights and the lenses melt, the mod caused the damage and that is not under warranty.

Now back to the topic......
Old 2/2/07, 07:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You can get quarter window louvers unpainted for a lot less than painted ones...my question is, if I purchase the louvers unpainted, where can I get them painted (for an exact color match) and how much should I expect to pay?
When I asked at my dealer for my 05 they wanted about $100.00 CND to do them, I never did though.