05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/06, 09:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I am interested in the 69 style scoops, any word on production of those items marcello. I have yet to find the quality looking scoops and inserts etc. It sounded like in your previous thread that the scoops were being made first. So please shed some light on the progress of the scoops and any info or pics avail. Thanks again.
Old 5/1/06, 10:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the update! My first time seeing this thread and these are exactly what I would like on my Stang. Keep us updated.
Old 5/1/06, 10:59 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We can't set pricing yet, because we're still in the development stage with this manufacturing process. As always, I want to offer the highest quality fit and finish at the lowest possible price - two things that really need to go together better in this industry - so I am targeting the stick-on competition as a guide, but I'm not sure where ours will fall just yet.

That said, I do want to offer them pre-painted, even though it will increase inventory issues, it will simplify things for our end-users, although there will be a problem, as I've already noticed some sun-fade on our 05 GT and it is white... so color match while right now isn't a big deal might become one in the future - maybe we'll offer PTM for a while and then transition to customer PTM at some point in the future.

I will say this - we might do a pre-order again like we did on the honeycomb panel, offering a discount price to customers who order up front and have some patience [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Again though, can't even do that until we get some basic design issues resolved over the next 2-3 weeks. We do have a quarter panel on the way, as well as window glass for fitment purposes, since we can't just tear down our only 05 at the moment for this.
Old 5/3/06, 06:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the updates Marcello. When you get a pre-order list going, could you please add me to the top. I really appreciate you keeping my post alive. I think flush mounted louvers will look KILLER on these cars. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Thanks again Marcello, keep the info flowing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/3/06, 09:47 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ May 2, 2006, 12:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
We can't set pricing yet, because we're still in the development stage with this manufacturing process. As always, I want to offer the highest quality fit and finish at the lowest possible price - two things that really need to go together better in this industry - so I am targeting the stick-on competition as a guide, but I'm not sure where ours will fall just yet.

That said, I do want to offer them pre-painted, even though it will increase inventory issues, it will simplify things for our end-users, although there will be a problem, as I've already noticed some sun-fade on our 05 GT and it is white... so color match while right now isn't a big deal might become one in the future - maybe we'll offer PTM for a while and then transition to customer PTM at some point in the future.

I will say this - we might do a pre-order again like we did on the honeycomb panel, offering a discount price to customers who order up front and have some patience [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Again though, can't even do that until we get some basic design issues resolved over the next 2-3 weeks. We do have a quarter panel on the way, as well as window glass for fitment purposes, since we can't just tear down our only 05 at the moment for this.
[/b][/quote]

I am dying for a glass replacement louver - so please add me to your pre-order list, you have a for sure customer here.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing the progress and final product!

Dennis.
Old 5/3/06, 09:57 AM
Cobra Member

Is there a pre-order list already? Sign me up then!
Old 5/3/06, 12:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Louie @ May 3, 2006, 10:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Is there a pre-order list already? Sign me up then!
[/b][/quote]

Louie, there really isn't a pre-order list, I just mentioned it, as Marcello may think of doing this sometime after the prototypes are shown, to see who may be interested in the product. I just said something about adding my name, as I am really looking forward to this since I saw a car with them at SEMA, and mostly since I started this tread. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] .
Old 5/3/06, 06:36 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Hey guys,

The reason this got back-burnered was because of switching manufacturing techniques and shops for the part, as well as the simple fact that we have been swamped (very happily) by our first two products that came to market. I started this as a supplement to my day job, and in 3 short months it became my day job, my night job, my weekend job... I'm very happy with this, but it does change the schedule a bit when you have to ramp up to 10x + of your initial projections for volume of orders.

That said, the OEM quarter panels and windows that are en route to us will allow testing of prototypes and fitment before ever having to tear into our #05 car. It will also allow for a buck / test mule piece that can remain on site as production pieces are randomly pulled for proper fit checks. Having a whole car sit just for this purpose is a waste, and is exactly how we did it with the honeycomb taillgiht panel.

As to a pre-order list - let's get a little further along first, but I am keeping it in mind, especially for TMS members.
Old 5/3/06, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

OMG I missed out on this thread the first go around. These things would friggin rock. Count me in! After springs of course [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/3/06, 10:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

WOW, I remember this thread from Dec and never thought it would go anywhere. Sounds awsome!
Old 5/4/06, 02:44 AM
V6 Member

I can't believe it!! I'm going to drop my car off at Galpin ford on the 11th of May to get the CDC louvers installed, (among other things) and now I stumble upon these...I'm sure they will look killer! If you make it, I will buy it.
Old 5/4/06, 10:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thanks guys, like I said, parts are on the way to do this correctly. KC got me hooked up with extra window glass, so we are going to be able to nail this one perfectly, along with our new digitizing equipment.

Oh, and as to springs and such, we are now a STOCKING Steeda distributor for select products they offer. I am especially fond of their spring kit, it worked really well on our car.

We're also stocking distributors for Superchips, Flowmaster, and Coogle's ponies.

More to come...
Old 5/4/06, 10:44 PM
GT Member

Oh. I'd DEFINITELY go for a set of those. SUH-WEET!
Old 5/5/06, 06:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks Marcello for the updates [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] . I can't wait to eventually see some shots of the protptype pieces, just to wet my appetite for this mod. I can't wait to see them on a car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 04:57 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, it's Friday, and the quarter panel still hasn't shipped to us, but it should be on a truck early next week...

You know this will take some time to get right, but I think the finished product is going to be really nice, and with some cool options that I don't want to mention yet, it will be customizable based on your individual taste a bit.

Anyway, back to work. I'll post more as I can. Next meeting with the mold boys will probably be late the week of the 15th, given our current schedule. Might have some tidbits inbetween now and then.
Old 5/6/06, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

There have been a couple of other "faked" ads [meaning photoshoped images] showing louvers like these, right? In the April 06 Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords about 6 pages in, there is a wheel ad showing a black car with red stripes and very large rims with a set-in louver back there...

Mike E
Old 5/9/06, 08:11 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, I can safely say I am not faking this. That's why you haven't seen any pictures from us, and won't, until we get past certain hurdles in the development.

Oh, and a small update - as usual there are some complex shapes to deal with... the quarter glass is not symmetrical to only make one part (we knew that just by looking) but the glass has compound arcs in both directions, and the arc changes down the length.... I pray sometimes for just one flat piece somewhere near a part we want to make...
Old 5/9/06, 08:31 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
How about a Pic Repost?
Old 5/10/06, 11:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really excited to see these, given the quality of the honey comb panel I know these will look great! As said 50+ times keep us up to date
Old 5/10/06, 08:53 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok - Up to date it is....

Window arrived today - thanks go out to Kevin / 05Stangkc for the assistance in getting this. It's actually easier to call him in CA when we are in FL than it is to deal with the local dealers....

Quarter panel still has not arrived from NY - it was coming by truck freight, but I have not gotten a call from the driver looking for directions - yet.

Money is being spent, one way or another, so I guess that's progress, right?

As for pictures... let me see if I can attach something here...nope... need to upload the files to our website so I can link to them. Anyone have a simpler solution I'm missing with VBulletin?

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass