05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Looking for a good stripe painter

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/05, 10:49 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody had custom paint work done anywhere in Indiana? If so, did they do a good job? I have a quote back for two 10 3/4" stripes and they wanted $2000 :notnice: . I know that I've heard of people getting them done for 1000-1200 w/ clearcoat.
Old 9/23/05, 03:22 PM
V6 Member

I live West of Lafayette near Pine Village. I purchased my 2006 GT at Mike Raisor Ford in Lafayette and had their body shop paint on my stripes.

Here's a thread with pic's of my stripe job: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....T&f=83&t=34169

I paid $1162, but apparently when I got the quote done, the guy who wrote it up made a bunch of mistakes. When I took it in 3 months later to get the work done they looked over the quote and said that it wasn't for enough money. They did however honor the amount on the origional quote ... so I lucked out. When I picked up the car after the paint job was done, they said that they really learned their lesson on my car, and no one else would be getting their's done that cheap.

Over all I'm happy with the job they did, and the car looks awesome! There are a couple of little issues with the paint job ... but I'm super picky.
Old 9/23/05, 03:31 PM
GT Member

Looks awesome! That's where I ordered mine from, but it has been taking a lot longer. I ordered a little bit after you and mine won't be here till mid-october. Thanks for the info.
Old 9/23/05, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

$2K range is what I'm getting here in FL, be careful of getting what you pay for......
Old 9/24/05, 06:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by atomicskiier01@September 23, 2005, 4:34 PM
Looks awesome! That's where I ordered mine from, but it has been taking a lot longer. I ordered a little bit after you and mine won't be here till mid-october. Thanks for the info.

Based on what was going on with the '05 model year, I expected not to receive my car until October or November. I think what helped me out is that I ordered an automatic, and there was a shortage of manual transmissions in early August. My salesman told me that everyone else who ordered a GT had ordered it with a manual transmission. So, I think the shortaged caused me to jump forward in line a few places.

When I ordered my car in June, my salesman was Print Givins. He placed the order for MSRP and told me that no downpayment was requried, also, I signed NO papers. I did get a DORA about 3 days after the order was placed. After I called the ERL and found out I was scheduled to be built, I called the dealership to talk to my salesman ... only to be told that he didn't work there any more. Now I started to get a little worried since there was no signed paperwork. I was also a little disapointed that nobody from the dealership had called to say "your saleman left .. my name is XXX and I'll be your new salesman .. blah blah blah". I sort of felt like Mike Raisor had forgotten all about me ... where was the customer service? I was also concerned that when the car came in they would try to charge me more than MSRP since there was no signed paper work. In the end it all worked out fine. I worked directly with Kevin - the guy who does all of the ordering (I still don't know his last name ... part of that customer service problem). The car was perfect and I got it for the origionally agreed upon MSRP.