05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Introducing My Car To The Forums

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/07, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaceStang
Why are stang owners constantly criticizing the other? Isn't the most important thing that we are LOVERS OF MUSTANGS? THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR (despite what is under the hood)? It really peeves me cause I get bashed on for having a V6! WTF? If I wanted a mortgage for a car payment along with a mortgage for car insurance, I would have gotten a GT or better. I LOVE the new Stangs! They are hot looking cars and to those that choose to customize them, GO FOR IT!! MORE POWER TO YA!!

Mustang owners should take pride in themselves, the cars, and other Mustang owners. Let's all get along guys!!

Oh geeze!! I kept rambling and I forgot to say THAT IS ONE MIGHTY HOT LOOKIN STANG!
rite there with you..... SOmetimes people jsut get over silly issues...
Thanks Mark for the info and clearity on the COBRA issue!
Old 4/25/07, 09:52 PM
3rd Times A Charm

If you don't want people to give their opinions on your car, then you should post pics and give info on it. It's as simple as that. (I'm not speaking directly to the thread starter)

There will always be people who hate on misbadging your car, so if you can't handle it...don't post about it.

I could paint pink stripes on my car...wouldn't I be crazy to post pics of it and not expect to get some flack for it. It doesn't matter if it's what I wanted to do, I'm opening myself up to people's opinions by posting about it.

It seems our Moderator here is more upset about the comments than the actual owner of the car.

I suggest not "whining" (can I say that) about the word crybaby if you're gonna sit up here stirring the pot with your
Old 4/25/07, 11:37 PM
GT Member

Is this!

Is this a forum for mustang enthusiast! OR is it a forum for a bunch of Girls ( not to offend any female enthusiast ) bickering, What is the average age? 10 -13 for this forum! he's hitting me! she's looking at me! he took my doll! she gave me cooties! that isn't a real GT ! yours is a fake! you said it was a GT 500! No! I didn't, Yes! you did! GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK, YOU'LL ALL SOUND LIKE MY DAUGHTERS! WHO CARES IT'S YOUR CAR, YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT! I CANT BELIEVE THIS HAS GONE ON FOR 4 OR 5 PAGES....LOOK AT YOU DRIVERS LICENSE AND TRY TO ACT YOUR AGE!!!!!!!!!! OR AT LEAST MATURE
Old 4/26/07, 06:08 AM
GT Member

This is hilarious. OMG! Just over some lil emblems. Oh well, let's love one another stang owners!! Peace out!
Old 4/26/07, 02:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mustangcr8z
Is this a forum for mustang enthusiast! OR is it a forum for a bunch of Girls ( not to offend any female enthusiast ) bickering, What is the average age? 10 -13 for this forum! he's hitting me! she's looking at me! he took my doll! she gave me cooties! that isn't a real GT ! yours is a fake! you said it was a GT 500! No! I didn't, Yes! you did! GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK, YOU'LL ALL SOUND LIKE MY DAUGHTERS! WHO CARES IT'S YOUR CAR, YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT! I CANT BELIEVE THIS HAS GONE ON FOR 4 OR 5 PAGES....LOOK AT YOU DRIVERS LICENSE AND TRY TO ACT YOUR AGE!!!!!!!!!! OR AT LEAST MATURE
speaking of acting your age, maybe try it yourself and stop using caps??? and why are you ranting? You are ranting about ranting????........ Hey Pot, your black too
Old 4/26/07, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by S197 GT
It seems our Moderator here is more upset about the comments than the actual owner of the car.
Pure class man, pure class!

Is this a forum for mustang enthusiast! OR is it a forum for a bunch of Girls ( not to offend any female enthusiast ) bickering, What is the average age? 10 -13 for this forum!
Totally agree with this!!! I'm sorry for getting draw into such a silly debate with people who are obviously right about everything!!!
You can do what ever you want with YOUR OWN Car including misbadging it....
Old 4/26/07, 06:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

agree

I agree...

Originally Posted by mustangcr8z
Old 4/28/07, 02:46 AM
Cobra Member

Wow, I just read this WHOLE thread and now feel I have wasted min of my life.... I'm 20 so I remember 17 pretty good and the last thing I would want when posting pics of my 67 I had would be to get bashed hardcore. good lord give this guy a break! He's flippin 17! haha I understand about the badging cause it would **** me off if someone told me their 6 was a GT500 but hes just showing his ride so everyone cool out. Theres a **** load of stuff that people have done to their stangs that I dont like but O Well... I'm sure his first impression of this board is awesome lol. ah man.... lol ok I'll stop....

Stang looks sweet!
Old 4/28/07, 02:47 AM
Cobra Member

hahah you can't say P ISS??? lol **** **** ****
Old 4/28/07, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

First, people can do whatever they want to their car. The sad thing is with all the GT500 conversions on this board, anytime I see one on the road I will automatically think it's a fake.
I wonder if anyone else feels this way?
Old 4/28/07, 12:54 PM
V6 Member

Wow....some people amaze me.... Anyways all I know is I want to do the conversion!
Old 4/28/07, 10:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by WuTimeUT
Wow, I just read this WHOLE thread and now feel I have wasted min of my life.... I'm 20 so I remember 17 pretty good and the last thing I would want when posting pics of my 67 I had would be to get bashed hardcore. good lord give this guy a break! He's flippin 17! haha I understand about the badging cause it would **** me off if someone told me their 6 was a GT500 but hes just showing his ride so everyone cool out. Theres a **** load of stuff that people have done to their stangs that I dont like but O Well... I'm sure his first impression of this board is awesome lol. ah man.... lol ok I'll stop....

Stang looks sweet!
Your 20. Im 19 . Regardless, after reading the 4 pages of bickering, which i personally think this thread shoulda been locked on page one, its really about the owner of the car. Would I PERSONALLY be emberressed if I got asked whats under the hood to show a v6 with all the gt500 badging? yes.

Again, thats me. The car minus the badging looks amazing. Supercharge that thing and then we're really talking. Other then that, adding the facias of the shelby on his v6 is no different then me adding the facias to my GT. I also understand the point someone made ealier about if someone does race him and beats him it'll give a bad impression of the car and or driver. Then again, I wont be in the seat of that car if that does happen.

My point being, if he doesn't mind then w/e. His car, his problem once hes asked to show off or asked about the car. Im not him. I understand s197 GT's point with the whole name thing. It just gives a funny impression of w/e you wanna call it.

My take on the car overall The V6's are bad, therejust as much bang for your buck as a GT is. Just on a different price level. And he is 17. What were you all driving at 17?

Honestly, this topic has lasted alot longer then it should have. I dont agree with the Mod getting into the discussion as personally as he did. But w/e. Not my problem.

Anyways, welcome to the forums... hah

EDIT: Just remembered. A pony car is a PONY car. Regardless of engine size. Mustang is a pony car. A GT is a GT because of engine size same goes for Cobra, gt500, supersnake, etc... Any mustang can be a pony car. Not every mustang can be a gt500. Thats my 2 cents.
Old 3/31/08, 08:37 PM
GT Member

I like it. Come to freezing cold Rochester and we'll go cruise...
Old 3/31/08, 08:52 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Wow! I should have just kept going and never read this thread.Thanks for brining it back from the dead Andy.

BTW His car. His money. His Life. Nuff said.

And welcome and I hope your still here.
Old 3/31/08, 09:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I couldn't afford the GT-500 front clip
Attached Thumbnails Introducing My Car To The Forums-hpim0268.jpg  

Last edited by Poco; 3/31/08 at 09:17 PM.
Old 4/1/08, 04:57 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Wow! I should have just kept going and never read this thread.Thanks for brining it back from the dead Andy.

BTW His car. His money. His Life. Nuff said.

And welcome and I hope your still here.
Yeah still here, just! where do fellow Stangers meet in the Rochester area, any ideas?
Old 4/1/08, 07:10 AM
Axe

Thats a really nice car. Never understood all the panty-bunching that goes with misbadging either - and in fact, I may put cobra emblems on my GT just to annoy old whiney people!
Old 4/1/08, 08:25 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Axe
Thats a really nice car. Never understood all the panty-bunching that goes with misbadging either - and in fact, I may put cobra emblems on my GT just to annoy old whiney people!
let me put it this way, i'm gonna have those badges on there, I have (on my GT) original an original Shelby bumper on the rear, complete Shelby front fascia, Shelby rocker panels and a 2008 Shelby Super Snake hood. Just because it wasn't put together at the Shelby factory what's the difference on the exterior except that my stripes have been painted for $1500 instead of buying vinyl Super Snake Stripes from Shelby for $1400.

So I say why the hell not, I have Shelby parts on the car!
Old 4/1/08, 08:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I guess if we can have a Mustang Pony someone can always have a Garter Snake... LOL!

Looks good!

And it will go much faster than a factory 76-78 Cobra II with a V8...

Last edited by watchdevil; 4/1/08 at 09:01 AM.
Old 4/1/08, 09:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome and nice clean ride!

Quick Reply: Introducing My Car To The Forums