05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Introducing My Car To The Forums

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/07, 02:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks nice! If you are going to go with Razors you have to get the 20" . They look like they were made for the stang
Old 4/19/07, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everybody for the welcome and positive comments and by the way nice ride Don.
Old 4/19/07, 11:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sharp car!!!!!!!
Old 4/19/07, 12:43 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by 07ShelbyGT500
I never said it was.
Originally Posted by GTRacerX
He is paying for it !! Besides last time I checked this is a free country, he bought the parts!
Besides I tell people the same thing when I am asked about my GT500 clone.
Its not the real deal but it looks just as nice at a fraction of the price !!!!!!!!

Besides not many windveil blue GT500's - very rare

Your yellow GT500 clone looks sharp - time to lower it and slap on some wheels !!
You guys are fricken ridiculous! His screen name is 07ShelbyGT500!!!!

It's not just a clone, he's posing as an owner of a GT500!

Clone away all you want, but don't claim to have a 07 Shelby GT500 like your screen name implies.

You guys are the cry babies!

Car looks good, but don't pull it off as something it's not.
Old 4/19/07, 01:24 PM
GT Member

I love the GT500 hood and front end on your car... and that color is awesome! ... but mis-badging is just wrong ....
Old 4/19/07, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by S197 GT

Clone away all you want, but don't claim to have a 07 Shelby GT500 like your screen name implies.

I'm not posing as an owner of anything, and you were assuming that my screen name implied I had an 07 Shelby GT500 which I do not. just because your screen name implies the type of car you have doesn't mean mine has to. If you would have taken the time to observe that under my screen name it says 2006 V6 mustang we wouldn't be here talking about this.
Old 4/19/07, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm not posing as an owner of anything, and you were assuming that my screen name implied I had an 07 Shelby GT500 which I do not. just because your screen name implies the type of car you have doesn't mean mine has to. If you would have taken the time to observe that under my screen name it says 2006 V6 mustang we wouldn't be here talking about this.
Just have to say that I admire you for keeping your cool. This forum is a great place with a lot of good info. I hope you don't feel offended, Mustang owners can be an opinionated lot! I would never rebadge my car, but do what you like with yours, it looks great. I know you must be proud of all the work it took to get it like that. Welcome,again!
Old 4/19/07, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Come on, stop fooling yourself. Nobody is saying your car doesn't look good, because it DOES, but putting the GT500 badges and stripes on was a bit much. "Implying" that it is a GT500 is exactly what that does... in fact, it's not implying it, it's downright calling it a GT500. Whatever floats your boat, but don't be deluded about it...
Old 4/19/07, 07:54 PM

I don't feel offended and I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't understand what the big deal is people have been cloning cars for years. I understand people trying to pass clones off as the real thing then try to sell them which is wrong. I'm not trying to pass mine off as the real thing, I will gladly tell anyone its a clone. Most diehard mustang fans know its a clone anyway because it doesn't even come in that color.If the real thing wasn't so expensive I wouldn't have cloned mine to get the same look, I would have bought one. Also thanks everyone for the welcome.
Old 4/19/07, 08:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
People clone old Mustangs and such because you can't buy one and they're rare. The car that you are cloning is a car that is still in production, and while they're expensive right now, that will change and they're not exactly rare. One of the things that bugs me is someone is going to try to challenge you on the street. And take the challenge or not, they're going to say they beat a GT500. They're also going to say the GT500 sounds like crap. While yours may sound good for a 6, it definitely doesn't sound like a 5.4L. Basically, it gives people a bad impression of the GT500. The car looks great, but that you're not going to convince any of us purists that it's ok to have full GT500 badging. You just won't. And this conversation can keep going, it will get no where. It's your car, you like it. That's good. But anyone who sees/hears/races your car on the street will get a bad feeling about the GT500, unless you tell every one of them that it's a clone. I've seen some stripes where in the bottom pin stripe, the words clone appeared. That would fix a lot of the problems most of us have with it. But it's your car. Enjoy.
Old 4/19/07, 08:49 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First
2nd: Dont' sweat the small stuff. Cobras and GT 500 stickers on a V6 is small stuff

3rd: Live and let live.
Old 4/19/07, 10:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I have never seen a clone of a big block muscle car with a V6! JMO~
Old 4/20/07, 12:11 AM
GT Member

1st post just wanted to show everyone my car.

Attachment 24385

Attachment 24386

Attachment 24387
wow! there's someone posing as RacerX Is he real or a cartoon?
Old 4/20/07, 12:20 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Pony Ride
I love the GT500 hood and front end on your car... and that color is awesome! ... but mis-badging is just wrong ....
\

So is street racing, dwi, speeding.etc but, people do it!
Old 4/20/07, 12:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice Ride and Welcome!!! If it makes you feel good, then do it!!!!!!!
Old 4/20/07, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Umm yeah I have to agree. I think it looks good but and to be blunt if I knew you in person I'd smack you up the head at a minimum for the stripes. I mean do the stripes, I think they look good but need you put GT500, let alone GT in there?

I can't wait for the first posting by an CobaltSS owner that blows your doors off and word spreads that they beat a GT500. I mean yeah...

I can give a pass on putting the emblems on, they've always been borderline for me, they were really popular back in the 90's when I had my previous cars but I think the GT500 striping and well your username are what set me off here.

But hey enjoy your ride and the site.
Old 4/20/07, 11:10 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Well, why do you have 07ShelbyGT500 as your SN? I guess I was totally out of line by assuming that you were describing your car....especially since you have converted to making it a clone of your screen name.

I didn't need to see your "2006 V6 Mustang" to know it wasn't a true Shelby.

There were only a few Screamin' Yellow GT500's made, and they were all made for Shelby employees.

Originally Posted by titanjc
Come on, stop fooling yourself. Nobody is saying your car doesn't look good, because it DOES, but putting the GT500 badges and stripes on was a bit much. "Implying" that it is a GT500 is exactly what that does... in fact, it's not implying it, it's downright calling it a GT500. Whatever floats your boat, but don't be deluded about it...

Exactly, I think the car looks great!

Hell, I don't even mind the misbadging of the car....it's the screen name that got me...

All I said was that this wasn't a GT500, referring to your screen name.

I wouldn't do a GT500 clone on mine, just because my car is black, and I think I can create a better look for my color. But more power to you guys that have.

I hope you understand which side I'm on here.
Old 4/20/07, 11:18 AM
GT Member

I guess since everyone else is, I’ll give my 2cents worth....

I was going to switch to the gt500 front end, but I would never badge it as a gt500. Why? It is because it’s like calling yourself a doctor when you work in a hospital as a janitor. It’s a disgrace to the doctors who went to medical school for 8 years. Same with the car, it’s a disgrace to the people who saved up or worked their butts off to be able to afford one and the car itself. Calling a normal mustang GT a gt500 is a lie and an embarrassment to the real car (let alone a v6 ). Just remember this sint the first person and defiantly wont be the last person to do this, so its not really out of the norm.

But this isn’t my car, it’s your’s, you do whatever you like. I’m not bashing anyone, just stating my opinion. Good looking car BTW!
Old 4/20/07, 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I really like the yellow. Nice taste. Like was said earlier, lower and rims would really set it off. Welcome to the club, and I believe that you should do what you like. Hell I think the GT500 is really a clone of the original concept Mustang anyway. I guess I am not the only yellow conversion anymore. Congrats and enjoy the looks and comments.

Old 4/23/07, 09:26 PM
V6 Member

It looks nice. What I don't understand is why dump all that $$ into extras for a V-6 when it could have gone to the purchase of a GT? It's like putting $10k into a ricer so that it has the power of a V-8. It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm just getting old .

Quick Reply: Introducing My Car To The Forums