05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Introducing My Car To The Forums

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/07, 09:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by S197 GT
Clone away all you want, but don't claim to have a 07 Shelby GT500 like your screen name implies.
I don't think that there is anything wrong with a screen name that is a car you don't have. I dont have a 2005 GT Deluxe. nice car BTW
Old 4/23/07, 10:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are fricken ridiculous! His screen name is 07ShelbyGT500!!!!
It's not just a clone, he's posing as an owner of a GT500!
Clone away all you want, but don't claim to have a 07 Shelby GT500 like your screen name implies.
You guys are the cry babies!
Car looks good, but don't pull it off as something it's not.
Kinda like your car having pony emblems on it, lets tone it down a little here. enough name calling! you don't pay anyones bills and have no reason to offend others here. You are misrepresenting as well....chose your words wisely!

It looks nice. What I don't understand is why dump all that $$ into extras for a V-6 when it could have gone to the purchase of a GT? It's like putting $10k into a ricer so that it has the power of a V-8. It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm just getting old .
Maybe he wanted to....Does it matter what motor is in the car. I see you are not driving a GT500 and you could have bought one of those, so in essence you could have had a 5.4L right? you are right not buy the 5.4l and calling someone elses choice in motor selection doesn't make sense.....

I guess since everyone else is, I’ll give my 2cents worth....
I was going to switch to the gt500 front end, but I would never badge it as a gt500. Why? It is because it’s like calling yourself a doctor when you work in a hospital as a janitor. It’s a disgrace to the doctors who went to medical school for 8 years. Same with the car, it’s a disgrace to the people who saved up or worked their butts off to be able to afford one and the car itself. Calling a normal mustang GT a gt500 is a lie and an embarrassment to the real car (let alone a v6 ). Just remember this sint the first person and defiantly wont be the last person to do this, so its not really out of the norm.
Your janitor comparsion isn't really working, maybe more like a PA (physicians assistant) not a janitor since they are still in the same class as are GT and V6 pony's, why is this man spending his money a disgrace? How do you know he didn't work his butt off to do what he wanted to the car? Since you are putting a GT500 front end isn't it the same, I mean the doctor went to school for 8 years right.......
Old 4/24/07, 07:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by rmays06
Kinda like your car having pony emblems on it, lets tone it down a little here. enough name calling! you don't pay anyones bills and have no reason to offend others here. You are misrepresenting as well....chose your words wisely!

Maybe he wanted to....Does it matter what motor is in the car. I see you are not driving a GT500 and you could have bought one of those, so in essence you could have had a 5.4L right? you are right not buy the 5.4l and calling someone elses choice in motor selection doesn't make sense.....

I'm not calling myself GT500 nor am I trying to make my car look like a GT500. I like my GT, that's why I bought it. If he wanted a V-6 great! I just don't understand why he's putting so much money into it.

But, like many others have stated, it's personal style and it's his money. If it makes him happy great. However, we don't all have to agree on what he's doing or understand the reasoning behind it. I wish him luck and I hope it turns out to be all that he wanted it to be.
Old 4/24/07, 08:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks good in yellow!!

Any more pics of the black car and wheels on it?
Old 4/24/07, 09:14 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Not at all like my car having ponies on it...

My car has custom emblems, not emblems that came off of a different car.

Matter of fact, I never even mentioned the emblems, so maybe you need to tone it down a bit.

I could care less what emblems he has or body kit....I was commenting on his screen name and saying that his car isn't a GT500.

You guys continue to quote my posts and think you have a leg to stand on.

Bottom line is, I like his car. It looks badass. I just think he's misleading people by haveing 07ShelbyGT500 as a screen name.

Why don't you tell me how I'm misrepresenting...What am I trying to pass my car off as? Since you know all...
Old 4/24/07, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

To me, Shelby GT or GT500 "clones" (or look-alikes - whatever you want to call them) sure look better than the standard Pony package.

My two cents...there is no "wrong" in what you decide to do with your own car. I, for one, am sure glad we all don't have the same taste.
Old 4/24/07, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Fun4Me
It looks nice. What I don't understand is why dump all that $$ into extras for a V-6 when it could have gone to the purchase of a GT? It's like putting $10k into a ricer so that it has the power of a V-8. It just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm just getting old .

Let me clear things up. I am 17 years old and love cars. My Dad made the down payment on the car and I work to make the payments. The reason I put the front bumper and hood on my car is I was pumping gas and a pickup backed in to me and creased my hood, broke a head light and damaged my bumper slightly. I received a $3000.00 check from the insurance company which was enough for me to buy the GT 500 hood front bumper rear bumper headlights etc. I had them painted and me and my Dad put them on, so that is the story.
Old 4/24/07, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I was pumping gas and a pickup backed in to me
That sucks

I received a $3000.00 check from the insurance company which was enough for me to buy the GT 500 hood front bumper rear bumper headlights etc.
That's cool. I have to say I respect your right to do what you want with your ride, but the lettering in the striping and your screen name are, probably less than ideal for not inciting some forum hate.
Old 4/24/07, 02:39 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure beats the @#$% out of what I was driving at 17. Well done.
Old 4/24/07, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 07ShelbyGT500
Let me clear things up. I am 17 years old and love cars. My Dad made the down payment on the car and I work to make the payments. The reason I put the front bumper and hood on my car is I was pumping gas and a pickup backed in to me and creased my hood, broke a head light and damaged my bumper slightly. I received a $3000.00 check from the insurance company which was enough for me to buy the GT 500 hood front bumper rear bumper headlights etc. I had them painted and me and my Dad put them on, so that is the story.
Reminds me of the old saying: "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade."

Good for you.
Old 4/24/07, 08:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not at all like my car having ponies on it...
My car has custom emblems, not emblems that came off of a different car.
Matter of fact, I never even mentioned the emblems, so maybe you need to tone it down a bit.
I could care less what emblems he has or body kit....I was commenting on his screen name and saying that his car isn't a GT500.
You guys continue to quote my posts and think you have a leg to stand on.
Bottom line is, I like his car. It looks badass. I just think he's misleading people by haveing 07ShelbyGT500 as a screen name.
Why don't you tell me how I'm misrepresenting...What am I trying to pass my car off as? Since you know all...
SO the stock GT comes with PONIES? or is your car a V6 pony package car? Why did you put different emblems on your car?
Calling people crybabies is uncalled for....plain and simple. If you feel like you are attack take a breath and relax but you post was out of line... tone it down.
And a screen name is his personal thing, leave it alone and
Old 4/25/07, 10:07 AM
GT Member

Say...what's wrong with having pony emblems on a GT?
Old 4/25/07, 10:30 AM
GT Member

Your janitor comparsion isn't really working, maybe more like a PA (physicians assistant) not a janitor since they are still in the same class as are GT and V6 pony's, why is this man spending his money a disgrace? How do you know he didn't work his butt off to do what he wanted to the car? Since you are putting a GT500 front end isn't it the same, I mean the doctor went to school for 8 years right.......
no, a PA would be a Shelby GT, a nurse would be a gt. His v6.... ok maybe a RNA (nursing assitant). The v6 and shelby gt500 are no where near the same class.

Speding his money is not a disgrace, placing gt500 emblems on a car that is not a gt500 is a disgrace. I did not put a gt500 front end on my car, i thought about it, but didnt..... that is the diffrence. If i did and put gt500 badges on it, i would expect the same lashings as he has taken.
Old 4/25/07, 11:08 AM
3rd Times A Charm

07ShelbyGT500, I hope you understand that I really don't care what kind of emblems or body kit you put on your car. It looks great, and I'm sure you love it. I was just pointing out that it wasn't a GT500 because you didn't mention that it was a clone in your first post.

Then all hell broke loose.

SO the stock GT comes with PONIES? or is your car a V6 pony package car? Why did you put different emblems on your car?
Calling people crybabies is uncalled for....plain and simple. If you feel like you are attack take a breath and relax but you post was out of line... tone it down.

No it doesn't. They're custom emblems...Meaning they are made to my specs. I didn't see a better car than mine and decide to copy it...

By the way, who are you to question me and what I do with my car?

I put different emblems on my car to be different than everyone else. Hense why I went with custom emblems, and not emblems off of someone else's car.

Calling people crybabies was not uncalled for. All I did was say his car isn't a GT500, because it wasn't. I never said anything negative about the fact that he shouldn't have done so. I never said he shouldn't have those emblems either. Then I get you guys crying about..."Don't listen to the negative comments", etc...crying and whining.

I don't give 2 craps about what you guys think. You want to look into it more than it is.

I love the look of his car. It's sweet looking. I just pointed out that it wasn't a GT500, since his initial post made no mention that it was a clone/tribute. Then everyone's panties got bunched up.

I also could care less what his screen name is. But if you have a screen name that is "07ShelbyGT500" and you have a clone of a GT500....well, it gives the impression that he has a GT500.

I was mearly pointing out to people who don't know much about these cars, that it wasn't a GT500.

Old 4/25/07, 12:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez
no, a PA would be a Shelby GT, a nurse would be a gt. His v6.... ok maybe a RNA (nursing assitant). The v6 and shelby gt500 are no where near the same class.

Speding his money is not a disgrace, placing gt500 emblems on a car that is not a gt500 is a disgrace. I did not put a gt500 front end on my car, i thought about it, but didnt..... that is the diffrence. If i did and put gt500 badges on it, i would expect the same lashings as he has taken.
Just as the shelby GT500 and GT are not in the same class....But see they are all in the same class as they are all mustangs, while they are not cool in the "GT" drivers eyes because they don't have the V8 they are still Mustangs.

Say...what's wrong with having pony emblems on a GT?
It isn't a pony!! Its a GT and he is giving Pony V6's a bad name...lol, isnt that a ridiculous statement, that is basically what is going on here with the GT 500...

so it is you oppinion that someone who puts emblems on a car that doesn't belong is a disgrace? What if you say you had "custom emblems" which were a standard emblem but painted would that be a disgrace as well? What if it is a weak attempt to call it a custom emblem? and was actually a V6 emblem would that be a disgrace? Not to me because I don't care, its a Mustang and as long as it is done well no one else should.

I also could care less what his screen name is.
Why do you keep bringing it up then??? how about !!!
Old 4/25/07, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Are we so politically correct, that people are offended by the word crybabies?
Old 4/25/07, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just as the shelby GT500 and GT are not in the same class....But see they are all in the same class as they are all mustangs, while they are not cool in the "GT" drivers eyes because they don't have the V8 they are still Mustangs.

It isn't a pony!! Its a GT and he is giving Pony V6's a bad name...lol, isnt that a ridiculous statement, that is basically what is going on here with the GT 500...

so it is you oppinion that someone who puts emblems on a car that doesn't belong is a disgrace? What if you say you had "custom emblems" which were a standard emblem but painted would that be a disgrace as well? What if it is a weak attempt to call it a custom emblem? and was actually a V6 emblem would that be a disgrace? Not to me because I don't care, its a Mustang and as long as it is done well no one else should.

Why do you keep bringing it up then??? how about !!!
You post contradicts itself. First you say that its ok to put GT500 emblems on because "they're all mustangs", then you go on to say that someone shouldn't put a Pony on their GT?? The Pony is not a universal V6 badge, it's a symbol of mustangs (GT's in the 60's had ponies, etc), so ANY mustang can have a pony on it, because it is the truth. Any car putting on a Cobra emblem/GT500 sticker that is not a GT500 is a flat out LIE, whether they're a GT or a V6 I will always strongly disagree with people who claim their car is something it's not.

Pony = Mustang, all our cars fall under this category
GT500 = Cobra assembled by SVT Engineers, individually numbered, cannot be "created" by someone else.

Please, you are grasping at straws here, everyone in the world knows a Cobra symbol. It is not just a "custom emblem" it is a universal symbol of a SVT Peformance car that has ALWAYS come on a V8 mustang with a certificate of authenticity.

Your logic is no better than Civic owners who plaster "Type R" because their car is "just as fast" as a Type R
Old 4/25/07, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jedikd
You post contradicts itself. First you say that its ok to put GT500 emblems on because "they're all mustangs", then you go on to say that someone shouldn't put a Pony on their GT?? The Pony is not a universal V6 badge, it's a symbol of mustangs (GT's in the 60's had ponies, etc), so ANY mustang can have a pony on it, because it is the truth. Any car putting on a Cobra emblem/GT500 sticker that is not a GT500 is a flat out LIE, whether they're a GT or a V6 I will always strongly disagree with people who claim their car is something it's not.

Pony = Mustang, all our cars fall under this category
GT500 = Cobra assembled by SVT Engineers, individually numbered, cannot be "created" by someone else.

Please, you are grasping at straws here, everyone in the world knows a Cobra symbol. It is not just a "custom emblem" it is a universal symbol of a SVT Peformance car that has ALWAYS come on a V8 mustang with a certificate of authenticity.

Your logic is no better than Civic owners who plaster "Type R" because their car is "just as fast" as a Type R
I sure hope its better!

oh boy!!!!! its just terrible, how did I turn into the bad guy here?
The man posted his car to show.....then the bashing started about it being a V6 and not a real Cobra. WHO CARES.
Then S197 GT stated he didn't like the posters name, I simply stated he had a non authentic baged to prove a point that it really doesn't matter.... he did what he wanted to do with it. Name or badge its all personal preferance.....

This may be semantics but the PONY package is for the V6 PONY, it is a car that was put out on the market. The GT is not called the PONY nor was it baged with a pony, now S197 GT who wants to dress up his car with a different badge and no one sees a problem in that, but we have 2 threads going of guys who made GT500's where the owners are getting ripped for first rebadging a car and second for doing it to a V6. See it can't go both ways. So if the original poster painted his badges would that make it different?
I for the record don't think its wrong at all(to badge), its a tribute to the car and to me and as the quote goes, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". As far as contridicting myself, no I was trying to make an arguement using others logic which turned out bad and I should know better....

As far as the crybaby comment, it was an insult to other posters, I was simply trying to calm the insult letting down, didn't work very well did it?
And didn't a man just lose his job for an bad taste remark, to answer you....YES, we have become that politically correct.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/forums/rules.htm copy of the rules 1st one be nice....not where this thread is going....
Old 4/25/07, 03:15 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jedikd
everyone in the world knows a Cobra symbol. It is not just a "custom emblem" it is a universal symbol of a SVT Peformance car that has ALWAYS come on a V8 mustang with a certificate of authenticity.
Actually Cobras have appeared on non mustangs such as the 69-71 Ford Torinos and Fairlanes (rancheros?).

And on non V8 mustangs such as the Cobra II (available with any engine option), and also appeared on the 1979 fox body mustang.

Ford Racing performance parts is happy to sell anyone a cobra fake gas cap for your non GT 500 2005+ mustang. Or wheels with cobra emblems on them

What other purpose is there for this emblem but to put on a non GT 500 mustang?

You can buy Razor, Torq thrust M, and other wheels with the Cobra emblem on them.
http://www.americanracing.com/carrollshelby/

Obviously Ford and Carroll Shelby don't care if you put Cobra emblems on a non cobra mustang. Ford has put them on non mustangs, on non V8 mustangs. If they don't care, why should it bother us?

I won't put Cobras on my car (except for the wheels), but I could care less if someone else does.

Live and let live.
Old 4/25/07, 04:13 PM
GT Member

Why are stang owners constantly criticizing the other? Isn't the most important thing that we are LOVERS OF MUSTANGS? THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR (despite what is under the hood)? It really peeves me cause I get bashed on for having a V6! WTF? If I wanted a mortgage for a car payment along with a mortgage for car insurance, I would have gotten a GT or better. I LOVE the new Stangs! They are hot looking cars and to those that choose to customize them, GO FOR IT!! MORE POWER TO YA!!

Mustang owners should take pride in themselves, the cars, and other Mustang owners. Let's all get along guys!!

Oh geeze!! I kept rambling and I forgot to say THAT IS ONE MIGHTY HOT LOOKIN STANG!

Quick Reply: Introducing My Car To The Forums