05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Hey V6 guys!

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/08, 06:54 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Five Oh Brian,

You seem to have done alot of work with the pony grill... So my silly question of the day is, does the pony fogs and corral come off the grill as a seperate part or are they molded as a unit? I'd like to do one with the smaller hexes of the original V6 grill.

Regards,
Chuck

Last edited by STANG-22; 3/6/08 at 06:55 PM.
Old 3/7/08, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V6 Wins Car Show OVER V8's

Never heard of anyone changing the GT to look like a six, BUT you may be onto something...at least all the judges at the "Ford Fever" Event at Maryland International Raceway apparently agree with you. They awarded my 2007 Pony-Package 4.0 the Late Model "Best In Class" trophy over about "twenty" GT's and a Shelby too....truth really is stranger than fiction....check it oooooooout!!!
http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=3462 Keepin' It Real....
The Greaser
Old 3/7/08, 03:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by greaser
Never heard of anyone changing the GT to look like a six, BUT you may be onto something...at least all the judges at the "Ford Fever" Event at Maryland International Raceway apparently agree with you. They awarded my 2007 Pony-Package 4.0 the Late Model "Best In Class" trophy over about "twenty" GT's and a Shelby too....truth really is stranger than fiction....check it oooooooout!!!
http://www.mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=3462 Keepin' It Real....
The Greaser
Nice car! Congratulations. For me...the V6 stays more true to the Mustang heritage. I'm not saying that I don't like what other people do to their Mustangs. I like them all. But, I'm not a youngster, and I remember the "60 and '70 very well. I remember many basic (classy) looking Mustangs on the road that were real power-houses. No show...all go! That is what I'm attempting to create. I like what you guys are doing with your cars. I've seen many classy looking rides on the V6 forum. Keep it up and I hope you guys don't mind me (a GT guy) hanging out with you.
Old 3/11/08, 08:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MSGTGT
I'm trying to convert my GT (look) into the V6 style. I just like the V6 style over the GT (I hope the GT guys don't ban me). I bought the 2007 V6 style spoiler, V6 badges and a bullitt grille. I still need the (stock) rocker stripe and black rocker panels.

Does anyone own a 2007 Tungsten Grey V6 with the V6 style spoiler and black rocker stripes? If so...do you mind posting some pictures. I would like a car to emulate (nice word for copy).

I think that's so cool to build a powerful sleeper!

Remember the '07 Spoiler is the same one used on the ShelbyGT500KR and so are the rocker panels.
Old 3/12/08, 08:38 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 07V6STANG
I think that's so cool to build a powerful sleeper!

Remember the '07 Spoiler is the same one used on the ShelbyGT500KR and so are the rocker panels.
Thanks for the support. And...yes I was suprised when I saw that spoiler on KITT. I've got a new take-off 07 V6 spoiler in my garage. I'm just waiting for good weather to get it installed. As far as the rocker panels are concerned...I still need to find a pair. If I buy the Black GT take-offs...the paint is gloss and I don't want that. I have not located any V6 take-offs yet and I don't even know if they'll bolt directly on my car. So...if anyone knows anything about a V6 to GT rocker panel conversion...please let me know.
Old 3/12/08, 08:07 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the support. And...yes I was suprised when I saw that spoiler on KITT. I've got a new take-off 07 V6 spoiler in my garage. I'm just waiting for good weather to get it installed. As far as the rocker panels are concerned...I still need to find a pair. If I buy the Black GT take-offs...the paint is gloss and I don't want that. I have not located any V6 take-offs yet and I don't even know if they'll bolt directly on my car. So...if anyone knows anything about a V6 to GT rocker panel conversion...please let me know.
Dave, let me ask around. I might be able to locate you a pair.
Old 3/12/08, 08:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Traded front grills and foglamps with a friend who's converting his 06 V6 Pony to look like a GT.
Actually by using the V6 Pony grille with fog lamps you are being true to the classic 1965-66 Mustang GT which used the same grille style.

If you prefer the pony emblems on the fenders then so be it. If I had a GT I would do the same thing. However, the classic GT's dropped the pony emblems for GT emblems on the front fenders and gas cap.

Mustangs can be an expression accessorized with any style you want. I do draw the line at people putting Cobra emblems on anything but a true Cobra or Shelby GT 500. Same goes for GT emblems on a Mustang. I can understand the fustration over not offering a true factory Mach 1 or Boss Mustang. So I applaud anyone who can take at least a GT and give it the look of a Boss or Mach 1. I even find it okay for people to take their V6 cars and use some upmodel accessories as long as the car is not badge to be something it is not.
Old 3/12/08, 08:30 PM
GT Member

I know a guy who has a V6 who is looking for GT rocker panels in Vista Blue. He said he is willing to trade.
Old 3/13/08, 08:38 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 07V6STANG
I know a guy who has a V6 who is looking for GT rocker panels in Vista Blue. He said he is willing to trade.
Hey...thanks a bunch, but my car is T8, not Vista Blue. I'll check around here to see if I can find someone with a pair that color. Maybe someone knows what kind of paint they use on the rocker panels. That would be another option.
Old 3/13/08, 08:46 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moved to the exterior mods section.
Old 3/13/08, 11:07 PM
GT Member

Here is my GT not trying to take on a V6 appearance, but has gotten some of the treatments. I just like the look of the pony emblems and fog deletes

Old 3/13/08, 11:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^^^ I like the silver paint on the bullitt grill
Old 3/14/08, 06:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thats one sharp Pony! The grille mesh looks great painted silver...

Also that chin spoiler is great.. Where did you get that one from?

Last edited by watchdevil; 3/14/08 at 06:46 AM.
Old 3/14/08, 07:13 AM

I have the V6 black rockers an would like to trade with your tungsten rockers
Old 3/14/08, 08:58 AM
GT Member

Thanks guys for the compliments
I painted my stock grill front silver as well. I saw it on a guy's black Mustang and loved it, asked where he got it. He did it himself. I love the added look it gave and did the same thing to the Bullitt grill.
I got the CDC chin spoiler directly from CDC's site.
Old 3/14/08, 05:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by v6tungsten
I have the V6 black rockers an would like to trade with your tungsten rockers
That's a possibility that I hadn’t thought of. I’ll give it some thought.
Old 3/14/08, 05:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kooldawg6
Here is my GT not trying to take on a V6 appearance, but has gotten some of the treatments. I just like the look of the pony emblems and fog deletes
I like it a lot! It's very close to what I'm shooting for. Clean and Mean! Nice job!
Old 3/16/08, 09:14 AM

rocker trade

let me know if you want to trade. for some reason I cant PM you.

That's a possibility that I hadn’t thought of. I’ll give it some thought.

Last edited by v6tungsten; 3/19/08 at 08:38 AM.