05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Headlamp Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/06, 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'll say this as ive otld every1 else that ive painted buckets for. Therei s a channel tht the cover fitsi nto, and that part will show if oyu remove the cover. theres no way around it showing, andi t iwll look horrible. plus there are no bulbs that i know of tht work out in the open like tht, and they'll all short out. The cover has to stay on, or a custom one off cover could be made, but you'd need to make the curve of the glass it wouldnt be able to be flat....
Old 3/1/06, 11:23 PM
GT Member

Maybe you guys have already noticed it, but noone has mentioned it, so I will.

You do realize that CDC took out the turning signal, right? It's not where it normally is, if you look in the pic. They fabricated some sort of piece to fit that hole, but now the turn signal is actually on the inside of the headlamp bucket.

So, just throwing that out there.
Old 3/2/06, 05:34 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Krazed @ March 2, 2006, 1:26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Maybe you guys have already noticed it, but noone has mentioned it, so I will.

You do realize that CDC took out the turning signal, right? It's not where it normally is, if you look in the pic. They fabricated some sort of piece to fit that hole, but now the turn signal is actually on the inside of the headlamp bucket.

So, just throwing that out there.
[/b][/quote]

Don't think that is a t/s. I believe that is a european thing, like an angel eye. Alot of the ricer type headlights have those
Old 3/2/06, 06:50 AM
Cobra Member

That is a turn signal, in fact, CDC sent me an e-mail saying this...

"Thanks for noticing the headlight buckets. Kim was correct- we made a few prototype sets in-house, starting with the stock headlight bucket. The entire insert (body color) is a fiberglass piece that we made based off of a clay mold, and it attaches to the outer bucket in the exact same fashion as the oem piece. The headlight we used is a Jaguar 5 ¾†headlight, which also includes a turn signal socket. Unfortunately, the headlight sockets in these lights did not include a high-beam function. But, any 5 ¾†light should work, including HIDs.

We have been considering bringing these to market, but we know there are some DOT legal hurdles we need to cross to make them 100% street legal. No idea on timing yet, but keep checking back in. Hope this helps – thanks again."

So Roger, if I do this, I wouldn't just leave the bulb out, I would buy a closed headlight just like CDC put there, but maybe instead of 5 3/4, buy a 6" (since you told me the opening was 6.5"), I would probably have to do something with the wiring since the new bulb will be an H1 or H3, no longer the H13.

Anyone sees any problems in doing this? (besides the no high beams if I go HID).
Old 3/2/06, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

you have a Gt grille right? put sum high output lightsi n ur fogs, and wire them babies up as your high beams, lol. that would look cool.
Old 3/3/06, 08:34 AM
Cobra Member

he he eh... well, I'm going for the painted look w/HIDs, hopefully get a sealed lamp that has a decent reflector and the HID output is not all over the place. I'm not willing to pay a grand for HIDs from Saleen... I mean, that's 25% of the cost of a turbo! no.. NO WAY
Old 3/3/06, 02:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Find the HID's u wanna use and send me a pico fthem fornt andb ack so i can work my magic...- Roger

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rony1976 @ March 1, 2006, 3:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
yeah, I did notice that, but I figured that if I can stay right at 6" or a little smaller, that shouldn't be an issue... I got an e-mail from CDC yesterday, they said they molded out of clay first, then did the fiberglass piece, then used a Jaguar 5" 5/8s headlamp (they didn't tell me year or model), but they mentioned that is not street legal, no high beams.
In any case, I have some headlamps I saw yesterday, they are 6" though... I'll see what I can do with this, little by little.
[/b][/quote]

I htin kthe headlamp they used was the one form tht new 05/06 model.... it has 2 sets of lights, 2 on each side.....KIA also made itsl ittle imitation car of it.

Old 3/3/06, 05:08 PM
Cobra Member

The inside lights look a little more like the ones in the CDC mustang, but in any case, to use the 5 3/4" we would have to do some fiberglass work, I rather not increase the cost of the project all that much... If I don't recall wrong, Roger, you told me the opening of the headlamp circumference was 6.5", so a 6" sealed lamp (something like off-road cars vehicles would use) would not look too bad... what do you think?

I'll give you a call Monday, I'm totally tied up tomorrow. Thanks for the PM
Old 3/3/06, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rony1976 @ March 3, 2006, 7:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The inside lights look a little more like the ones in the CDC mustang, but in any case, to use the 5 3/4" we would have to do some fiberglass work, I rather not increase the cost of the project all that much... If I don't recall wrong, Roger, you told me the opening of the headlamp circumference was 6.5", so a 6" sealed lamp (something like off-road cars vehicles would use) would not look too bad... what do you think?

I'll give you a call Monday, I'm totally tied up tomorrow. Thanks for the PM
[/b][/quote]
try to clal me sunday or clal me monday after 4 Pm ESt....i got till 345 PM.(Monday)