05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Grabber Shelby conversion completed

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/06, 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelbywanabe
Rj.... I would love to see a pic of your horn relocation if it's not too much trouble, K/C said my Front bumper has been shipped yesterday, so i think i'm going to trial fit my hood today..... bumper should be here any day now.....

Did you relocate the horn so you do not see it thru the grill? Is that what you mean? Also as far as the pins go, sounds like a good idea, however what did you use for the harness connector? I read they were different (shelby fogs vs GT fog connectors) please explain, Thanks! this info will be quite useful soon!

Yes on the horn. Just looked like it was in the way. You could just use some heat shrink over the pins if you cant find a connector that will work or make work
Attached Thumbnails Grabber Shelby conversion completed-picture-471.jpg   Grabber Shelby conversion completed-picture-472.jpg   Grabber Shelby conversion completed-picture-473.jpg  
Old 9/9/06, 04:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, thanks Rj.... I'll probably look into doing the same.... Good idea!
Old 9/14/06, 01:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I picked up the bumper cover on Tuesday. Should be at the painters in the next couple of days. I believe I have all the parts and probably some extra I don't need (tried to get a hotsheet by email back on Sept 2, but no response, so I guess I'll have to go at it myself.) Pretty exciting project that I've wanted to do since I saw the first Cobra.
Old 9/15/06, 10:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RJ, Do you have any close up pictures of the lower side portion of the rear bumper? I am just curious how the finish came out since that lower portion on the sides have a rougher finish.
Old 9/23/06, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mangler
RJ, Do you have any close up pictures of the lower side portion of the rear bumper? I am just curious how the finish came out since that lower portion on the sides have a rougher finish.
here you go
Attached Thumbnails Grabber Shelby conversion completed-picture-493.jpg  
Old 9/23/06, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks your car looks real good!
Old 9/24/06, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

RJ, is your car lowered? I have all my stuff loaded up and it's off to paint tomorrow.......However after test fitting the front bumper, (to see how well it cleared the horn move) Good tip by the way, worked like a charm......... I found that the chin spoiler is going to be L O W !!!

It looks as if it will be ok, but man it's getting a little close for comfort.... So, i was wondering if your car was lowered and how much? Thanks!
Old 9/24/06, 08:03 PM
GT Member

RJ, is your car lowered? I have all my stuff loaded up and it's off to paint tomorrow.......However after test fitting the front bumper, (to see how well it cleared the horn move) Good tip by the way, worked like a charm......... I found that the chin spoiler is going to be L O W !!!

It looks as if it will be ok, but man it's getting a little close for comfort.... So, i was wondering if your car was lowered and how much? Thanks!
Absolutely the car is lowered.
Old 9/24/06, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes, lowered with Eibach pro kit
Attached Thumbnails Grabber Shelby conversion completed-picture-498.jpg  
Old 9/24/06, 09:34 PM
Cobra Member

RJ,
The front splitter did come with the front bumper right? Or was that extra$$$$$?
Old 9/25/06, 05:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Nope.... i paid an extra $59 for mine.....
Old 9/25/06, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

RJ..... have you had any problems w/ the horn and the fit of your front cover? I noticed that your cover is pressed in a little in your photo..... Does this give any vibrations or such? I moved mine like yours and after test fitting the cover and gently bending the bracket a little to where the bottom horn just touches the radiator cover still touches the front bumper a bit..... any problems or regrets? I love the look of not seeing it but wondering if i should be concerned of how tight a fit it is?
Old 9/25/06, 01:55 PM
Jet

That looks sweeeet!!! I'm jealous of all of you doing this MOD. I've been resisting since I've been saving for a 68 Stang. But nooo, you all have to keep tempting me. That's just not nice. ;^)
Old 9/25/06, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

RJ..... have you had any problems w/ the horn and the fit of your front cover? I noticed that your cover is pressed in a little in your photo..... Does this give any vibrations or such? I moved mine like yours and after test fitting the cover and gently bending the bracket a little to where the bottom horn just touches the radiator cover still touches the front bumper a bit..... any problems or regrets? I love the look of not seeing it but wondering if i should be concerned of how tight a fit it is?

not sure what you mean about pressed in? I had to cut the bracket that the horns are attached to. I think that might be why yours wont fit. Mine is not touching the bumber or radiator cover.
Old 9/25/06, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rjuice
Yes on the horn. Just looked like it was in the way. You could just use some heat shrink over the pins if you cant find a connector that will work or make work

In your second picture the bottom horn nut seems to be pressing against the bumper cover..... that's pretty much how mine is, I had already cut the bracket so i know what you mean..... The cover will fit it just presses up against the cover a little tho...... see what i mean in your 2nd pic?? well the pics did not re-post so i'm refering to post #41
Old 9/25/06, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

In your second picture the bottom horn nut seems to be pressing against the bumper cover..... that's pretty much how mine is, I had already cut the bracket so i know what you mean..... The cover will fit it just presses up against the cover a little tho...... see what i mean in your 2nd pic?? well the pics did not re-post so i'm refering to post #41

Yes I get it. Try and use a spacer between the horn bracket and the mounting surface on the car. I had the same problem untill I used a spacer in between there. It will get it over that ridge
Old 9/25/06, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you change it after you posted that picture tho??? Or is it just me? Looks like the buper is just barely pressing in on that pic....???? Thanks, RJ Car looks awesomw BTW! I was thinking Paint your Calipers Black now!
Old 9/26/06, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you change it after you posted that picture tho??? Or is it just me? Looks like the buper is just barely pressing in on that pic....???? Thanks, RJ Car looks awesomw BTW! I was thinking Paint your Calipers Black now!

it is almost touching. Getting gt500 brembos and they are black
Old 10/2/06, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

tinted tail lights
Attached Thumbnails Grabber Shelby conversion completed-picture-500.jpg  
Old 10/2/06, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Love the Tag!
What gas cap emblem you going with?

Quick Reply: Grabber Shelby conversion completed