05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Finished Results on my 2006 GT...

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/07, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djmac95
If you painted the chin spoiler to match I'd say it was perfect.
I agree and as much as I like stripes I would not do them on your car It does not need them
Old 11/1/07, 08:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by QuikStang
No stripes, and the only mod I would add would be the painted mirror covers by MAG. Other than that your car looks perfect! I love the white!

http://www.midwestautogear.com/index...d=46&Itemid=94

No stripes. I will toss on the Metal louvers in the spring, but other than that, it is done on the exterior. Next stop....Lidio's magic and a Wipple supercharger. Thanks a lot for the comments, nothing like a thumbs up from your peers are fellow Mustang nuts!
Old 11/2/07, 03:30 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MI2QWK4U
No stripes. I will toss on the Metal louvers in the spring, but other than that, it is done on the exterior. Next stop....Lidio's magic and a Wipple supercharger.
Now you're talking!
Old 11/2/07, 03:38 PM
Ric
V6 Member

Grrrrrrr.......

Old 11/3/07, 11:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ric
That picture of yours is exactly what I originally had in mind, very sweet look. That was before I did the hood scoop, spoiler, and side scoops. After that was done, I thought it had a subtlly agressive look as it sat. With the blower setup Lidio has planned out, the car should dip into the high 10s at the strip. I personally dont like to advertise that I think the car is fast. Leave it stock, add a few stock or aftermarked parts that make it look agressive, but stop short of making it look like its the fastest stang around. My mid 11 second Marauder has 525 rwph and weighs 4500 pounds, and looks bone stock on the outside. The only give-a-way is seeing the 305-45-18 Nitto Drag Radials from the rear. It is the perfect sleeper, and the look I like when you are sitting at a stop light and a yuppie in a porsch pulls up. Leaves him wondering what in the world just handed him and his porsch their ***.
Old 11/4/07, 05:55 AM
Ric
V6 Member

That picture of yours is exactly what I originally had in mind, very sweet look. That was before I did the hood scoop, spoiler, and side scoops. After that was done, I thought it had a subtlly agressive look as it sat. With the blower setup Lidio has planned out, the car should dip into the high 10s at the strip. I personally dont like to advertise that I think the car is fast. Leave it stock, add a few stock or aftermarked parts that make it look agressive, but stop short of making it look like its the fastest stang around. My mid 11 second Marauder has 525 rwph and weighs 4500 pounds, and looks bone stock on the outside. The only give-a-way is seeing the 305-45-18 Nitto Drag Radials from the rear. It is the perfect sleeper, and the look I like when you are sitting at a stop light and a yuppie in a porsch pulls up. Leaves him wondering what in the world just handed him and his porsch their ***.
I hear ya dude...I too like sleepers. There is a problem with your theroy though.....there are a ton of V6's and otherwise stock cars out there that have stripes and all sorts of other bling. So adding stripes isn't making a speed statement anymore, not like it did in the 60's anyway.

To each his own. I like your idea and your car looks slick ! If you'll notice, I didn't just bling out some stripes on my car. I choose Fords racing scheme of the 60's. So my car isn't as much about looking cool as it is remembering the 60's.

Now...I gotta go save for that SC !!! I need a functioning hood scoop ! And I'm thinking those rear window louvers gotta go !!! Like you say, to much bling !
Old 11/4/07, 05:43 PM
Ric
V6 Member

HEY !!!!

I just noticed....whats up with cutting the antenna ?
Did that effect reception ?
Surely there is some specific length which is optimum.....
Old 11/8/07, 01:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Paint the spoiler white to match except the center section, like a GT/CS...that looks very nice...

otherwise, great looking car...
Old 11/8/07, 02:27 PM
GT Member

I take it that you are from michigan if you are going with Lidio for the supercharger. Going by his reputation on these boards I dont think there are many better. I met him once when I first got my car. Great guy. Let me know how it goes, because that might be my next project.
Old 11/9/07, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm still second guessing myself for not getting white especially since Vista Blue isn't much easier to keep clean on a regular basis so far. Great looking car my friend and post pics of your Marauder too. I've always liked those.
Old 11/9/07, 01:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey, you guys! ewingfly and essque! Are you guys in the Tri-County area here in Michigan? I co-own the best Marauder site around, we are based out of the metro Detroit area in Michigan. You guys should come on over and join us. A lot of hardcore racers and modders. Most have a lot of experience with Mustangs since the Marauder inherited the Mach 1 aluminum 32 v doc motor. Lidio posts there and is a supporting vendor, since a lot of members there (like me) own Mustangs and Marauders, he posts up a lot of R&D on both. YOu will find a lot of good stuff on the 05 and up Mustangs. He has a 2007 GT that he put a whipple on...stock block, hitting it with meth and just recently went to tuning with E85 (105 octane) and is in the 10s.

Anyway, anyone from Metro detroit in Michigan, stop by our site, Join up, we do a lot of activities and have some good connections with ford that pay off!

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/
Old 11/9/07, 10:14 PM
Banned

Wow very nice I wish mine looked like that. I have a chin spoiler and I feel it doesnt line up good with the rest. i want a new front bumper
Old 11/12/07, 12:55 AM
Bullitt Member

nice, will do

Hey, you guys! ewingfly and essque! Are you guys in the Tri-County area here in Michigan? I co-own the best Marauder site around, we are based out of the metro Detroit area in Michigan. You guys should come on over and join us. A lot of hardcore racers and modders. Most have a lot of experience with Mustangs since the Marauder inherited the Mach 1 aluminum 32 v doc motor. Lidio posts there and is a supporting vendor, since a lot of members there (like me) own Mustangs and Marauders, he posts up a lot of R&D on both. YOu will find a lot of good stuff on the 05 and up Mustangs. He has a 2007 GT that he put a whipple on...stock block, hitting it with meth and just recently went to tuning with E85 (105 octane) and is in the 10s.

Anyway, anyone from Metro detroit in Michigan, stop by our site, Join up, we do a lot of activities and have some good connections with ford that pay off!

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/
Old 11/12/07, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very sweet lookig ride. You've inspired me to keep up the subtle modding myself. I've just had problems with paint matching my Legend Lime, but I'm going to get the parts and keep working on a painter that can match. Here's a picture of a friends Wipple in his 06, I want that Baaaaad.
Attached Thumbnails Finished Results on my 2006 GT...-p1030026.jpg