05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Eurotails

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/05, 11:45 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, call me the outkast, but I hope they do make them. I love the look of eurotails. I also love clear corners. I posted about clear corners and got a "I sure to heck hope not". And thats cool. I think some look hideous. But I think some look clean. I had eurotails on my 2003 Ranger, and it looked great. When/if they make them for the 05, i will buy them along with clear corners if/when they make them. I hate stock corners and stock tailights. I dont consider it ricey, heck, i dont even have a wing, nor stickers, I love the euros.
Old 4/14/05, 07:14 AM
Bullitt Member

:nono: :nono: :nono:
Your MUSTANG deserves better
:nono: :nono: :nono:
Old 4/14/05, 07:28 AM
V6 Member

Taboo
IMO
Old 4/14/05, 08:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love Euro tail lights. By that I mean true Euro tail lights, with an amber lens for the turn signal, like the '99 Cobra. I hope Ford comes out with a set for the 05 and will definitely get a set if they do. The clear ones on the other hand - ghey.
Old 4/14/05, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

these are the only ones i like
Old 4/14/05, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Autotooner,

Relax, you didn't even start the thread, Kevin did. He seems to be taking the opinions stated in stride. Never ask for opinions on this or any other site unless you are willing to hear both sides. Everyone here knows that it's your car and you should do what you want. What this thread tells you is that most here don't like Eurotails. That's all, don't take it personally. You've been around here quite a while, you know the deal.

I don't like them on the Mustang either, BTW.
Old 4/14/05, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

It is Taboo ~! The American classic, does NOT need rice crap!! It's a bunch of to put foreign honda styled taillights on any American car! Call me narrow or shallow, but look at the overall picture bud! :ranting: I just want to everytime I see a riced out altezza weedwacker sounding Civic or prelude with an airplane wing a body kit, projector lights and then they think they are fast!! Get real.

Matt
Old 4/14/05, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Autotooner@April 13, 2005, 10:19 PM
?? my car isn't Japanese... Thunderbird, hello... made in USA.. :usa: Ford Motor Company, the same one that makes Mustangs...

I'm not even gonna comment on the star wars thing... But I gotta say this...
mods better warm up your language filters...
People on this site are really narrow minded.. you think if you like it its cool if not its rice... well I disagree people should be able to do what ever they want (legal that is) to their cars... If it was up to you people we would all have a Mustang that follows certain guidelines( not that it'd be all bad) but it don't work that way, people have different tastes and opinions.. and once someobne merly breathes across that line he/she is pounded with people yelling RICE!! I am sick of all the "japanese cars stink", "that's Rice" and all the other comments one gets by making their car different... don't get me wrong I'm one of the biggest 'stang fans and muscle car fans on here... but come on people, I probably couldn't count on both hands the number of people who have left this site because of the $%&#ing abuse from you narrow minded members... I would be one of them, but I love mustangs too much and I know there are far more caring people on here than noncaring ones...
I'm also not saying these cars with a millon decals for parts they don't even own, fart can exhausts, and shopping cart looking wings aren't ridiculous... but did you buy their car?
do you pay for insurance, gas, oil, all the mods?
if not then you have know right to complain and make them feel any less of a car enthusiest than you are!!
aight, I feel I've made my point and without clogging up much more board space...

I totally agree with you. How people on here can go off the deep end about some of the littlest things. I only read this site still because of the neat additions I see on here that I can make to my car when it gets built.
Old 4/14/05, 04:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I hate euro lights as well, it's bad when we attack a member for not liking or agreeing with us, it's even worse when they try to be cool and become a sheep.
So good job on keeping your ground Jason, I've seen many people fall prey and begin disliking things they liked before coming here. They all fear the flamage. But on the other hand if you realize they are ugly on your own then that's great.
Old 4/14/05, 06:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Autotooner@April 13, 2005, 9:31 PM

Justin, noticed your sig, U listen to Eminem?
Among other things

..You could probably make Euros look fine on a Mustang if you modify the overall look of the car, not just swap out the taillights. People have done crazy things with Mustangs going back to the 60s, do what you think is nice. Its your car.

I wouldn't do it though.
Old 4/14/05, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why do they call them "Euros" when no European car manufacturer uses them? The only stock car I remember them coming on was the Toyota Altezza/Lexus IS300 which are Japanese so why not refer to them as "Japas"?
Old 4/14/05, 07:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally don't like them. Some guy in my apartment complex has them on his redfire SN-95, and everytime he drives by I start singing "Rice-a-Roni...the San Francisco treat!"
Old 4/15/05, 07:31 AM
GT Member

I plan to get them, and if it makes me a domestic ricer, then so be it, I dont have a wing nor stickers nor a fartcan to otherwise be considered one
Old 4/15/05, 03:05 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe there should be 2 exterior modifications sections:

Traditional and Rice

or

Close minded and open minded

or

American and Foreign Crap

or

Following the crowd and free thinkers

Old 4/15/05, 03:51 PM
GT Member

lol AFBlue, its all about opinion and everyones wants. The world would be a boring place if everybodys vehicle was the same!
Old 4/15/05, 04:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I have never seen a car that I like the "Altezza" style tail lights on. There is a difference between Euro Tail light and Altezzas. The Euros are cleared instead of amber. My brother has them on his BMW; they come standard on Euro BMW's.

Altezza lights and large wings are ghey. I am a car enthusiast and I laugh and think to myself "WTF were you thinking?" when I see riced out cars. That being said I feel excessive stickers, large wings, led washers, and Altezza tail lights on a Mustang would RUIN it.
Old 4/15/05, 11:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

FOMALOL afblue..... maybe we could also add Northern States, Southern States, Eastern States, Western States, Blue States, Red States and Undecided States
Old 4/16/05, 09:33 AM
GT Member

Hey, as i said all along...to each their own. I hate many things on other cars, but hey, its not my car, only my opinion. If people want to ruin their cars, why not let them do it? In my opinion, they only make 'me' look better. I have euros for my fox, and i get heat from them, but who cares? I dont. The rest of my car no one has ever said anything bad about, so i consider my car a success. Even still, i love my car, and thats what matters. "Dont worry, be happy" :scratch:
Old 4/16/05, 09:33 AM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I finally got pics of my car... follow the "my baby" link in my sig...
Old 4/16/05, 09:36 AM
GT Member

Not a fan of the red, but nice bird!