05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Ducktail Choices..

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/05, 10:10 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, I'm really the wierd one here. I like the styling of the SS one the best, but hate the way it's got the cutout there. I'd much rather have the clean CDC ducktail and the light in the window. Plus, I love my integrated running pony. I'm 100% happy with the CDC DT, just think CDC's customer service stinks. If someone's CDC DT is lifting at the bottom lip, it probably either wasn't installed correctly, or was deliberately lifted... mine sits firm.
Old 6/11/05, 09:47 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I think I actually like CDC's better also. I like that there's less curve on the backside of the CDC, and I'd probably buy one if it wasn't for the third brake light.
Man I wish I could see them both in person!
Old 6/11/05, 03:17 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike,

I LOVE your ducktail. However, after seeing the Cervinis(sp) I'm gonna have to go with it. Your right in that the curve is the same but it covers the top of the trunk also. This makes it look taller (and it actually may be taller) and I want the biggest ducktail I can get.

I know most don't like the Cervinis but it's my favorite so far. Just like I like the big scoops that most people here don't like. I also like the agressive cdc chin spoiler while most like the classic.
Old 6/11/05, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDC

I never had an issue with their customer service because I ordered mine from Partshopper.
Old 6/11/05, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by markski74@June 11, 2005, 4:34 PM
CDC :nice:

I never had an issue with their customer service because I ordered mine from Partshopper.

We should have the three piece whale tail molded on the car within the next couple of days, I will be posting picture just as soon as it is completely molded on the car. Side exhost is finally on the car and it sounds awsome! The car should be finished by this Friday,will have plenty of pictures. I have pictures of the whale tail, but it's on video and I don't know how to done load on to the computer, so I'm going to take some more pictures with a digital camera that I know I can post. Wish me luck. James
Old 6/11/05, 09:12 PM

I just figured out what I don't like about the Cervini DT spoiler. In that side shot I posted, it looks like a NASCAR spoiler. Which would look great on a new Monte Carlo, but not on a Mustang, IMO.
Man I wish someone would make a Shelby ducktail for the '05.
Old 6/11/05, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

The roush spoiler isn't bad if you already have a factory spoiler. It is similar to a ducktail....

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/0...obMeadors-4.jpg
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/show...oush1027-3.jpg
Old 6/18/05, 03:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by flamin ponyexpress@June 11, 2005, 4:56 PM
We should have the three piece whale tail molded on the car within the next couple of days, I will be posting picture just as soon as it is completely molded on the car. Side exhost is finally on the car and it sounds awsome! The car should be finished by this Friday,will have plenty of pictures. I have pictures of the whale tail, but it's on video and I don't know how to done load on to the computer, so I'm going to take some more pictures with a digital camera that I know I can post. Wish me luck. James

BBR has the best 05 body kit out there but they were just missing the final touches. ( TAIL ).... Don't hold out on us James, cant wait to see the new tail.... Please post any pics you have. I have to start ordering..
Old 6/18/05, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

I can't believe you did not include the Roush ducktail. I hate the TOTAL rear-end look of the Roush... but a Stock GT... with just their ducktail... might be kind of cool. I like the notch. What can I say?

Stan
Old 6/20/05, 08:33 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by StangNut@June 11, 2005, 10:15 PM
I just figured out what I don't like about the Cervini DT spoiler. In that side shot I posted, it looks like a NASCAR spoiler. Which would look great on a new Monte Carlo, but not on a Mustang, IMO.
Man I wish someone would make a Shelby ducktail for the '05.
That's one of the things I like about it. I LOVE the Cervinis Ducktail. For me it is perfect. It covers the factory holes. It's big. It looks good from the back (i.e. no ugly hangovers). It uses the existing brakelight.

I can understand why some don't like it. It is VERY big. But that is something I wanted; a BIG ducktail.

For me the Cervinis is the perfect ducktail. I'm pretty sure it's the one I'm gonna get.
Old 6/20/05, 09:51 AM
FR500 Member

I think the Cervini ducktail looks ok from the back. It is big, and I can see how some may like that, although it's too big for me to want to put it on my car. But, it's the look from the side that is disturbing. It looks like a whole nother bumper tacked onto the car. From the side, it's huge. It looks as bad as the Xenon IMO.
Old 6/20/05, 07:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by pstu102727@June 18, 2005, 3:47 PM
BBR has the best 05 body kit out there but they were just missing the final touches. ( TAIL ).... Don't hold out on us James, cant wait to see the new tail.... Please post any pics you have. I have to start ordering..

I'm not holding out, Its just that the car isn't finished yet. we're molding in the three piece whale tail, side scoops and side window scoops to look like it came that way from the factory. I finally finished the airbrushed mural under the hood Sunday. Once we finish molding in everything the car is going in the paint booth for final paint, then I'll post pictures. The only thing that I haven't received yet is the rear bumper with holes deleted for exhost. Keanon is still not satisfied the design of it. So now I have to figure out what to do, since I already have my side exhost done. If anyone has any ideas of what I could do to modify the rear untill Keanon gets the rear done, I'm open for suggestions. I will try to post pictures of the car this weekend.Oh yea, the three piece whale tail looks real good on the car, can't wait to finish the car so I can post pictures. Wish me luck!
Old 6/20/05, 07:23 PM
V6 Member

James.. sounds awesome. No ideas about the rear bumper for ya, sorry... I am so eager to see your car... Its setting the standard for me... Any mid-production pics?
Old 6/21/05, 03:10 PM
GT Member

its so hard to decide.....definitly comes down to ss and cdc.......never heard of the last one
Old 6/21/05, 05:42 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
James, can you explain the 'whaletail' atleast?
Is it a ducktail?
or is it larger?
Old 6/22/05, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Boomer@June 21, 2005, 5:45 PM
James, can you explain the 'whaletail' atleast?
Is it a ducktail?
or is it larger?

We're still molding the pieces onto the car, I will try to post some in progress pictures this weekend. I'm the only one with this whale tail as of now, Chris is suppost to get some kits in soon to sell. He's just waiting for Keanon to finish the rear replacement bumper and then the kit will be completed. I love what Keanon has done with the kit so far, I'm just waiting eagerly to get the final rear bumper piece.Automotion does'nt want to paint this car more than once, since it's going to be a show paint job. We're going to try and make the finish on the paint job look like a piece of glass, it just takes time. I will try and post some pictures of the molded in pieces on the car, this weekend if everything goes right. A lot of people are wanting to see the finished car, The only thing is it will be right, before it is seen in public.Please be patient,It might be atleast one more week before the car is finished, But in the end , I think it will be well worth the wait. James
Old 6/22/05, 01:44 PM

I'm still amazed that with all these spoilers out there no one made a Shelby (GT/CS) style ducktail.
Old 6/22/05, 10:47 PM
V6 Member

Finally the spoiler discussion I've been looking for. I have to say that I like the SSE overall. I think the CDC looks smooth and from the back it looks the best. But the SSE has my vote because its a little taller from the side. When I saw the CDC from the side, I thought why they make it so small. If the SSE had the smooth look from the back as the CDC then hands down, I think 95% of us would agree it would be the best. I wish the SSE also came prepainted. Does the SSE have the option to either bolt or 3M?

On another forum, some people really liked the Xenon, but I 100% disagree as I've see this spoiler in person, and it looks crappy. The Rouge spoiler (why wasn't in the choices), would be my 3rd choice. I've seen this in person and it looks cool, but I don't like how it hangs over on the sides. I've seen the JBA Steeda, and the wing is too laughable. I'm not into wings, just a simple way to ruin a retro car.

Lastly, I've skimmed through the discussion and I think someone was to post pics of a molded spoiler which I haven't seen in this topic. So here's some pics from another site:
[attachmentid=25363][attachmentid=25364][attachmentid=25365]
Old 6/23/05, 09:36 AM
FR500 Member

I personally don't like that one. If they were going to go through the trouble of making a molded ducktail, they should have made it historically correct. That ducktail shown above is going in the opposite direction. A true ducktail was flat in the back. The one above comes out at a 45 degree angle. At least the CDC and SSE ducktails is more vertical in the back.
Old 6/23/05, 09:43 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by acadian@June 23, 2005, 8:39 AM
I personally don't like that one. If they were going to go through the trouble of making a molded ducktail, they should have made it historically correct. That ducktail shown above is going in the opposite direction. A true ducktail was flat in the back. The one above comes out at a 45 degree angle. At least the CDC and SSE ducktails is more vertical in the back.
I agree with you. The angle does look somewhat strange. The pic you provided looks close to the cervinis.

acadian, I wanted to ask you how did you install the SSE? Did you bolt or 3M? I have also seen some pics of the CDC and it seems it has a slight gap in between the middle and side peices up top. It looks like the peices for the SSE are more flush than the CDC up top. Your thoughts?

Quick Reply: Ducktail Choices..