05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Ducktail Choices..

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/05, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Blk'05@June 6, 2005, 8:03 AM
You just contradicted yourself in that explanation...you think the 3rd brake light "interrupts the retro look" yet you like the "ultra modern looking light"
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
CDC's lightbar is placed inside the rear window at the top, so it's not anywhere near the stock 3rd brake placement. CDC's brake light is much more inconspicuous. you don't see it unless the brakes are applied, but when you do, it looks really cool.
Old 6/6/05, 08:56 AM
FR500 Member

I voted for SSE, but I am a bit partial... since that's my car in the pic of the SSE ducktail. But one warning about CDC for those of you on the fence between the CDC and SSE... the lip (down by the bumper) of the two end pieces are about twice as thick on the CDC as the SSE. I have seen them both in person, and it's a big difference. The SSE spoiler is thinner right there, so it's a tighter fit and blends in much better. The CDC one has a thicker lip, and IMO is not as strong. You can sort of see it in pictures, but seeing it in person is what made me choose SSE.
Old 6/6/05, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm still holding out for a Ford Shelby spoiler. I'm assuming one will be available SOMEday.....
Old 6/6/05, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

SSE...no doubt about it!!!

My reasons:
1. Bottom edge sits flush to the body of the car.
2. A bit taller than the CDC version.
3. Has a bit more swooping angle at the top than CDC.
4. Retains the stock 3rd brake light (most obvious reason why I like it).
5. Also it fans out at the edges (as already mentioned by someone else).

I like the CDC too, but the fact that it is smaller, flatter, and doesn't have the cut out for the brake light is why I think the SSE is better. Plus, I also don't like the lightbar being in the car, because I don't want it to blind some of my passengers sitting in the back seat.

BTW, Acadian...you did a great job with yours! Its probably one of the best looking 05's on this site yet.
Old 6/6/05, 12:28 PM
V6 Member

I am torn.... Obviously the Thalon looks weird... Along with the Xenon(BBR/Ronaele) looks cheap. Cervinis looks cool, similar to a big SSE.... And is does however cover some of the deck lid, including the original spoiler holes. Is it too big though? Interesting to hear the CDC and SSE fans going back and forth. I dont really need a 3rd brake light and I do think it looks kinda cool with out it. But is the CDC too small? Great feedback... Any other ducktails anyone has seen?
Old 6/6/05, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think that the original poster for this thread left out the Roush and the Shelby spoilers too. I would make the Shelby my other choice if it were offered.
Old 6/6/05, 12:39 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by 03muzzy6+June 6, 2005, 1:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(03muzzy6 @ June 6, 2005, 1:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>BTW, Acadian...you did a great job with yours! Its probably one of the best looking 05's on this site yet.
[/b]

Thanks, I appreciate it. One of the best though? Not sure about that. Maybe in another 6-12 months when I'm all done, we'll see.

<!--QuoteBegin-pstu102727
@June 6, 2005, 1:31 PM
I dont really need a 3rd brake light and I do think it looks kinda cool with out it.
[/quote]

Trust me, you NEED a third brake light. The chances of you getting slammed from behind by someone not paying attention, daydreaming, talking on the phone, etc. is greatly increased without it. So, if you get the CDC ducktail you gotta get the fugly LED lightbar. And don't be one of those who says, "well, nobody will see it unless I put the brakes on". That's like having sqeaky brakes, and saying nobody will hear them unless I brake. :scratch: What's up with that? I want my car to look good no matter what it's doing.
Old 6/6/05, 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Street Scene for me

looks almost the same as CDC, but keeps the third brake light, bit taller, and fits more flush at the bottom.

Cervinis is a wild card. Would like to see the Street Scene and Cervinis together in person.
Old 6/6/05, 01:59 PM
FR500 Member

To me, the Cervini ducktail is just too big. It looks good with the Cervini hood... balances it out. But without it, I am betting it would look funny. One good thing is it looks like it covers the stock spoiler holes. But at what cost? Your car might look like you left the hood open.
Old 6/6/05, 02:04 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I saw CDC has one with the cutout for the 3rd brake light.
not on their site, but someone had a link
Old 6/6/05, 02:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Cervinis looks funny. From the side it looks like the Xenon/BBR/Ronale spoiler, but from the back it looks like an overgrown SSE ducktail.
Old 6/6/05, 02:12 PM
Cobra Member

Pstu102727, do you know who's 05 that is with the CDC ducktail? Do you have more pic's of it? Thank's.
Old 6/6/05, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Vegasjay@June 6, 2005, 2:15 PM
Pstu102727, do you know who's 05 that is with the CDC ducktail? Do you have more pic's of it? Thank's.

How can you vote on a BBR whail tail when you don't have a picture of the actual one that Keanon just finished for the BBR LNR kit, The reason I know this is I have the very first one that Keanon did for the kit. He sent it out to me on Monday and it arived Friday by UPS, We will have it on the car this week, I will post pictures soon. Oh yea, he is finishing the replacement rear bumper this week,that will not have the cut out for the exhost,Since the BBR LNR kit has side exhost covers.my custom Side exhost will be fabercated for my car this week. James
Old 6/6/05, 04:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by flamin ponyexpress@June 6, 2005, 4:40 PM
How can you vote on a BBR whail tail when you don't have a picture of the actual one that Keanon just finished for the BBR LNR kit,

I actually didn't mean to include BBR with that poll. I knew that they were coming out with their own model. THe one in the pic is a Xenon product. The pic I had was a Ronaele car and mislabeled. I think with BBR's awesome work lately, they should end up with the best design. Their LNR kit is sick and I'm sure they will finish it up nice.

So please post some picks of BBR's new tail.. Cant wait
Old 6/6/05, 05:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Vegasjay@June 6, 2005, 2:15 PM
I found a post somewhere with someone asking about it. The guy remembered that it was a shop out of Oklahoma but thats it. I searched for it and found some pics at http://www.modernengineuity.com/gallery/sh...ry.php/cat/3066

It looks to me as if they used original Shelby Scoops. Who knows.. I'd like some more info on this car as well if anyone knows anything?
Old 6/6/05, 05:34 PM
Cobra Member

I like the CDC but not the fact they cover the brake light. So I voted SS. To remove the brake light is to give a reason some idiot to hit my car. I know they have a light to mount in the rear window - but I think it is to import looking for me

-Bryan
Old 6/6/05, 06:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Do I get a vote?
Old 6/6/05, 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have to go with the CDC for obvious reasons. I love the clean lines and the hidden 3rd brake light. I also like the running pony tribar emblem. JMO~
Old 6/6/05, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

For 85 years, people drove without a CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light) which is the correct NHTSA term for the obnoxious little light. And you know what, I have been hit from behind just as much with one as without.

The third brake light does no good when the idiot who hits you is following too closely, yakking on her cell phone and trying to find the lipstick she dropped. Or it could be a teenager trying to get his Funkmaster Franky CD out of a CD wallet. :headbang:

That said, I would rather have the CDC spoiler, because it is subtle and appears more stock. The SSE is a very close second, and the deciding factor may be that the CDC spoiler comes pre-painted and there are stripe kits for it already. Besides, its a great excuse to get the classic light bar too
Old 6/7/05, 08:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I like the Street Scene one the best- Its better looking, ( just like the the guy who runs Street Scene) molds in better, Great quality but most of all, the guy who runs that company is a great guy...and humble...

Quick Reply: Ducktail Choices..