05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

ClearCoating

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/05 | 03:26 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

After leaving Street Scene, I dropped by Lanzini bodyworks to talk about clearcoating my Black Stang. I cant afford my purple paint job anytime soon, and I wanted to get the current paint the best it can be.

Clearcoating: Suggested against it. He said that because the factory doesnt do the bes job in putting enough paint on the car, its just not a good idea to sand and clearcoat it.

Claybarring: He didnt think it was needed.

His suggestion: Get Mothers Carnuba Gold, as it tends to level it out, and thats pretty much it.

This is just for rrobello: Lanzini told me not only do I have one of the best paint jobs he has seen come out of a Ford Factory, but he said, "You should create a car care website. Your take excellent care of your car, and thats why your paint doesnt need claybarring. Just keep doing whatever it is you are doing, and you will be fine. But, drop that thing already! Dont paint it, get some wheels!"

I was going to drop by Foose also, but, didnt have time... there next, they have some rims Lanzini was telling me about...
Old 6/14/05 | 03:33 PM
GT Member

Hate to bring it up again....but kinda sounds like what I mentioned previously. But a second opinion is always good (plus it's on my side!haha)

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@June 14, 2005, 4:29 PM
After leaving Street Scene, I dropped by Lanzini bodyworks to talk about clearcoating my Black Stang. I cant afford my purple paint job anytime soon, and I wanted to get the current paint the best it can be.

Clearcoating: Suggested against it. He said that because the factory doesnt do the bes job in putting enough paint on the car, its just not a good idea to sand and clearcoat it.

Claybarring: He didnt think it was needed.

His suggestion: Get Mothers Carnuba Gold, as it tends to level it out, and thats pretty much it.

This is just for rrobello: Lanzini told me not only do I have one of the best paint jobs he has seen come out of a Ford Factory, but he said, "You should create a car care website. Your take excellent care of your car, and thats why your paint doesnt need claybarring. Just keep doing whatever it is you are doing, and you will be fine. But, drop that thing already! Dont paint it, get some wheels!"

I was going to drop by Foose also, but, didnt have time... there next, they have some rims Lanzini was telling me about...
Old 6/14/05 | 03:58 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

did he say paint job or boob job? JK...way to go...I knew you could get your car clean if you just tried.
Old 6/14/05 | 05:05 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Dane, when I suggested the clear earlier, it was simply something *I* came up with all on my own. I just figured if they do it to the custom cars, what could ONE coat hurt a factory paintjob.

But, yes, Lanzini TOTALLY backed up everything you said. Yes, I got a second opinion... hope you werent insulted. I just know Lanzini is all... Figured I had a couple minutes, and would pop by.