05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd
View Poll Results: After living with your Classic Light bar, would you still install this mod?
Yes, I love it.
100.00%
NO, wind noise drives me crazy.
0%
NO, everyone hates riding in the back.
0%
No, it creaks and squeaks too much.
0%
NO, all of the above.
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

For Classic Light Bar Owners

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/07 | 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

For Classic Light Bar Owners

This is for all you light bar owners.

I was talking with the dealer the other day about installing the CDC classic light bar on my Stang. His opinion was that it would be a mistake, because it restricts the access and view from the back seat and created a lot of wind noise.

After living with this mod, would you still put the Light bar on your car?
Old 6/2/07 | 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

He is wrong. I have one one my Mustang GT and one on my GT500 and my son has one on his 05. I have never heard any comments like you heard from anyone that has one. Good Luck on your decision and if you get one don't let him install it. It is easy to do yourself.
Old 6/2/07 | 07:21 PM
GTR Member

I love my lite bar from aeroform..It doesn't have the extra brake lite and it was over $100 dollars cheaper
Attached Thumbnails For Classic Light Bar Owners-cimg1411.jpg   For Classic Light Bar Owners-cimg1412.jpg  
Old 6/4/07 | 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

I was thinking about this Mod myself...who actually cares about restrictive rear seat access...anyone have people actually get back there?... I care more about Wind noise!...Glad to see everyone likes it so far! I see that the Aerofoam one is almost straight perpendicular...while the CDC is slight slanted....any feedback on the looks in comparison.
Old 6/4/07 | 11:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Tampa07GTCS
I see that the Aerofoam one is almost straight perpendicular...while the CDC is slight slanted....any feedback on the looks in comparison.
It's the other way around. The Aerofoam is raked while the CDC is straight.
Old 6/4/07 | 12:41 PM
GTR Member

I was thinking about this Mod myself...who actually cares about restrictive rear seat access...anyone have people actually get back there?... I care more about Wind noise!...Glad to see everyone likes it so far! I see that the Aerofoam one is almost straight perpendicular...while the CDC is slight slanted....any feedback on the looks in comparison.
There is no noise. And as long as you are not a freak of nature,you will be able to get in and out of back seat just as easily. Leo is correct.The Aeroform bar is slanted which is why I like it better.
Old 6/4/07 | 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Chuck... I guess I am that freak of nature you speak of...I am 6'8" so there is no room behind me... so to me the back seat is just a shelf to put my briefcase on.
But thanks for the clarification ... I was trying to stay away from the one that is @ a 90degree angle(i.e CDC Bar)
Old 6/4/07 | 01:10 PM
GTR Member

Thanks Chuck... I guess I am that freak of nature you speak of...
I am 6'8"
so there is no room behind me... so to me the back seat is just a shelf to put my briefcase on.
But thanks for the clarification ... I was trying to stay away from the one that is @ a 90degree angle(i.e CDC Bar)
I sure hope you play hoops I stand 5'9' so I am jealous
Old 6/4/07 | 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Actually no Basketball here ... Football/Wrestling in HS/College...now Tennis.
Old 6/6/07 | 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I love my CDC light bar. It's the same one steeda uses except steeda did away with the brake light.

I don't notice any difficulties getting in or out of the back seat. There is also no increas in noise with the bar on.

The only reduction in visibility is with the top up, you notice that it blocks the rear windows, but who drives with the top up

Old 6/7/07 | 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by odiaz
The only reduction in visibility is with the top up, you notice that it blocks the rear windows, but who drives with the top up
Excuse me... I do!! Well, at least when the temp hits 90+ the top goes up. I have been wanting one of these for a looooong time. I just can't justify the cost since it will only be seen a few months out of the year.
Old 6/7/07 | 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

That's funny, My friend lives in AZ and she has her top up all summer also. Here in the NE its the opposite.

I keep my car in the garage and it only comes out on sunny days. I hardly ever put the top up except to clean it. I have gotten caught in two very quick thunderstorms so my car has been rained on twice so far. During the summer, the temperature will go up in the high 90s for a few weeks with 110% humidity but I just keep the top down and wear sun tan lotion and a hat. We only get to enjoy top down weather for a few months so we have to enjoy it while we have it.

The bar wasn't that expensive. I bought it on sale for $389 including shipping. Installation took a little over two hours including all the time spent looking for the nut I kept dropping inside the rear of the car.
Old 6/7/07 | 06:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
I love my lite bar from aeroform..It doesn't have the extra brake lite and it was over $100 dollars cheaper
+1. Also, it's much easier to install vs. CDC, because no drilling into the B- pillar is needed. The only drilling is in the upper plastic trim.

BTW, for all those that are trying to search for it, it's aeroFORM, not aeroFOAM.
Old 6/11/07 | 12:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

if i had a vert this would be my first mod, it looks awesome and i would take the aeroform unless i get a spoiler that covers the 3rd brake light then i would get the CDC or just use some LED's and mod the aeroform so it can have the 3rd brake light
Old 6/12/07 | 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
Excuse me... I do!! Well, at least when the temp hits 90+ the top goes up. I have been wanting one of these for a looooong time. I just can't justify the cost since it will only be seen a few months out of the year.
I live in Tampa,FL... I drive with the top down everyday.... and its always in the 90's with humidity in the 90-100% range. Thats the best part of driving with the top down...to feel the sun and wind!
+ I love the visibility with the top down....we have too many crazy drivers and the more of the street/other drivers I can see the better!!!
Old 6/12/07 | 11:23 AM
GTR Member

I live in Tampa,FL... I drive with the top down everyday.... and its always in the 90's with humidity in the 90-100% range. Thats the best part of driving with the top down...to feel the sun and wind!
+ I love the visibility with the top down....we have too many crazy drivers and the more of the street/other drivers I can see the better!!!
I work in the sun all day ,so I'm not crazy about the top down at these temps...My favorite is early morning or early evening w/top down.Heck,I used to love the beach,now when my wife wants to go,I'm like "have fun"
Old 6/12/07 | 07:55 PM
V6 Member

Hi.. Love the CDC bar.... I also have the wind shield.. Bt may decide to send it back and pay the 20% restocking fee, I am not sure I like the idea of drilling into the lightbar.. Has anyone installed one of these.. And how quick does it come out.. and how does the bar look once the screen is removed
Old 6/13/07 | 10:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i wish i had a vert, for those mustang cruises and those nights coming back from the hang outs
Old 6/15/07 | 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boltzman
I sure hope you play hoops I stand 5'9' so I am jealous
5'7" here.......and I hate Giants!