05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Cervini's Side window Scoops

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/05, 07:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The scoops were pretty cool. I held them up to the side of the car and they looked great. The major problem is the scoop at the front is open but there is no hole at the back. All that came with it was some bonding tape and some aluminum mesh that screws to back side of the front vent. After the dicussion that was had about them flying off, I am really concerned. There's a reputable body shop that is a customer of my company's and I'm going to see him tomorrow and see what he suggests. i thought that maybe some painted aluminum could be screwed in between the mesh and the vent hole. That would stop major wind resistance hopefully. Somebody out there with some knowledge on this body work throw me a bone. If don't hear anything and the guy I talk to tomorrwow says it's going to cost me an arm and a leg I may just send them back. It stinks b/c I really like the way they looked on the project car. Help.
Old 6/28/05, 08:38 PM
Cobra Member

i would black out the entire inside and cut the rear end open leave enough material to screw in the mesh and call it a day... if done like that i do not see a chance of them flying off...
Old 6/28/05, 09:37 PM
V6 Member

Do you have any photos? Post em if you can...

One more question... Didn't they say somewhere that they were vented the whole way through? Huh? I guess they aren't
Old 6/29/05, 05:58 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If there really is a serious concern about these things flying off.....

dang the designer at Cervinis should be let go........

(hope everything works out for you!)
Old 6/29/05, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

I am sending them back. I talked to my body shop today and he said that they wouldn't even cover the window properly to cover it. He also suggested Germex to put it on the window. He also said that they were cheap. I will say this though Kevin at Cervini's was very nice when I sent them back.
Old 6/29/05, 11:11 AM
GT Member

well....from what I understand ALL of the scoops are "cheap" as far as quality before painted and installed. It's just the way they are made.

However, although I am disappointed that they are this way, I think it is HILARIOUS that they AREN'T vented. All of us thought from the mesh on the rear that they were vented and it turns out they aren't!

Man....kinda stinks.
Old 6/29/05, 04:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Xader Vartec@June 29, 2005, 11:14 AM
well....from what I understand ALL of the scoops are "cheap" as far as quality before painted and installed. It's just the way they are made.

However, although I am disappointed that they are this way, I think it is HILARIOUS that they AREN'T vented. All of us thought from the mesh on the rear that they were vented and it turns out they aren't!

Man....kinda stinks.

If it's open it will act like a parashute and aventually fly off from back presure. the scoops from Blow By racing is closed off and it fits perfect. any way good luck on what ever scoop design you go with. BTW the scoops keanon makes are not a cheap design, he really done his home work when he developed these scoops.
Old 6/30/05, 08:15 AM
GT Member

Keanon's are the big ones found on the Roneale right?
Old 6/30/05, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Xader Vartec@June 30, 2005, 8:18 AM
Keanon's are the big ones found on the Roneale right?

Keanon developed them for Blow By Racing, Ronale has them too, I'm not shure but I think Ronale just does his cars he sells, Blow By Racing sells the complete kit or you can get individual pieces, like side scoops, window scoops, hood and the other pieces. just remember the rear bumper cover is not completed yet. But it should'nt be long. Ronale used the xeon rear spoiler, The one I have on my car and the one that Chris will have is made by Keanon. I will post pictures of it as soon as Keanon finishes up the rear bumper cover. I promissed him that I would not post pictures until he's done with the complete kit.