05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center Foglights Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/05, 10:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by dtdebuty@April 15, 2005, 9:29 AM
The grill looks great but a couple tips:

1. You need to make the same grill to replace the bottom one.
2. The Fog lights look like they are glued on it. It just dont look original. I have always belived that if you do a mod make it look original. I would also not put the fogs in the center. Place them like the originals are placed.
1.) I agree

2.) That defeats the whole purpose of him doing this mod. I think. :scratch:
Old 4/15/05, 12:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't like how it looks.
Old 4/15/05, 01:30 PM
3rd Times A Charm

They look alright. A little too close together. As everyone has said, they definately need a nice ring around them. Leave the grill Stainless and black out the fogs and headlights. I'm sure someone could chop that for you.
Old 4/15/05, 03:27 PM
FR500 Member

I see some definite potential there. Keep going with it but don't rush anything. I definitely say center the lights from top to bottom and space them out a bit more... see pic below. Also, I would seriously consider painting the grill black. I think it'll look a lot better... see pic below again. No worries about any rust down the line that way.

Edit: Also, see in the pic below that there is a chrome ring around the lights. Instead of cutting up your grill and recessing the lights (which will affect the structural integrity of the grill) try to find a chrome ring to go around the lights.
Old 4/16/05, 10:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would put them behind the grille, and put the pony on top, could make for a really cool effect.
Old 4/16/05, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by John H+April 15, 2005, 12:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John H @ April 15, 2005, 12:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dtdebuty@April 15, 2005, 9:29 AM
The grill looks great but a couple tips:

1. You need to make the same grill to replace the bottom one.
2. The Fog lights look like they are glued on it. It just dont look original. I have always belived that if you do a mod make it look original. I would also not put the fogs in the center. Place them like the originals are placed.
1.) I agree

2.) That defeats the whole purpose of him doing this mod. I think. :scratch:
[/b][/quote]

When I say original I mean when someone could not tell that you have done the work. The installation of the fogs look very poor in my opinion. It just needs something to finalize the work.

No hard feelings please. The grill looks great and I wish I had one myself just like it.
Old 4/16/05, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I know what it needs. It needs the same crome material that the grill was made out of to go around the fogs and attaches to the grill so it looks (grill & fogs) as one part. Kind of like the original grill looks.
Old 4/16/05, 01:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Paint it black
Old 4/16/05, 04:13 PM
GT Member

All of you who keep saying it doesn't look finished, are right. It isn't finished. This picture was taken as I test fitted the light into that spot. They are going to get a ring that they rest against from the back, and then they mount from behind. Similar to how they mount into the stock grill...just now in the center. Personally, I have seen pictures of some old Stangs with center foglights, and have thought that some of the lights were too far apart. I like them close together. I will keep you all updated as this project goes along. I am not in too big of a hurry though. I just got my new Predator, and am having fun with it. Later.

-Andy