05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

CDC ducktail vs SS ductail

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/05, 10:53 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a close up of mine to help compare. The only thing I wish is that the side pieces could be molded into the rear quarter panel and did not have that stuck on look. Anybody try and have them molded yet?[attachmentid=22911][attachmentid=22912]
Old 6/1/05, 12:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by stargirl66@May 31, 2005, 8:03 PM
I ultimately went with CDC because of the subtle integrated look of the ducktail, and also because of the third brake light. I love the lightbar from CDC because it allows the back end to be more retro. By placing the light in the top of the back window, it fuctions just as it should as a safety measure, but also allows the space given to the current 3rd brake light position to be as it was in the old days. I also like the CDC ducktail because it enhances the existing lines of the car in a subtle and sophisticated manner.

I ordered it well before I got my stang. . . just a few weeks with my fingers crossed!
Exactly how I feel, i realize about the led lights not being retro but you will not see them unless the brakes are applied, especially with tinted windows and dark interior
The stock third brake light just bugs me, kit looks like it was just stuck on as an afterthought, I like the cleaner back end, and even if I get the CDC spoiler, I will get it w/o the pony emblem because I think it gets to busy with the GT emblem and that pony, and it is recessed so if you decide ytou dont want it, you are stuck with the recessed area in you spoiler....no thanks
Old 6/1/05, 12:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by acadian@May 31, 2005, 12:57 PM
David, you need a third brake light. If not by law, you still want it because the chances of you getting slammed from behind by someone not paying attention is greatly increased. So, if you get the CDC ducktail, you are going to have to get their third brake light. Now even though it's hidden when not in use, it's still LED. And you can't get any more un-retro than that. You can't have everything about this car be "retro". Afterall, the earlier Mustangs didn't have the little warning lights on the sides of the rear bumper either. For me, if I have to have a third brake light, I want it to at least be the stock one. LED's don't belong on Mustangs IMO. Just my 2 cents.
I respect your opinion and definately see your point, and at least the SS spoiler doesnt have that stuck on brakelight look because it is set in...just cant decide, need more clear pics of the CDC
Old 6/1/05, 12:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by acadian@May 31, 2005, 12:57 PM
David, you need a third brake light. If not by law, you still want it because the chances of you getting slammed from behind by someone not paying attention is greatly increased. So, if you get the CDC ducktail, you are going to have to get their third brake light. Now even though it's hidden when not in use, it's still LED. And you can't get any more un-retro than that. You can't have everything about this car be "retro". Afterall, the earlier Mustangs didn't have the little warning lights on the sides of the rear bumper either. For me, if I have to have a third brake light, I want it to at least be the stock one. LED's don't belong on Mustangs IMO. Just my 2 cents.
Do you have a shot of your car from the side/front looking back at the spoiler???
Old 6/1/05, 02:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by davids2toys@June 1, 2005, 12:31 AM
Do you have a shot of your car from the side/front looking back at the spoiler???
That is a good looking wail tail,mine won't be from either cdc or ss. Mine will be made by Keanon and it should be here thursday. He told me yesterday he sent it out and that I should see it this thursday. It'll be a molded piece, Wish me luck! I'll post pictures after it's done.
Old 6/1/05, 09:33 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@June 1, 2005, 1:31 AM
This is the best I could do with the pics I have now. I'll try and take more this weekend.
Old 6/8/05, 10:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by acadian@June 1, 2005, 9:36 AM
This is the best I could do with the pics I have now. I'll try and take more this weekend.
Thanks Ian,
I saw the CDC car at carlisle last week, their spoiler is just to subtle for me, the SS is much better. I wonder if a plug could be made for the brakelight ???
Old 6/9/05, 10:23 AM
FR500 Member

I don't know about a plug. Maybe Mike at SSE will see that a lot of people like the shape and fit of the SSE ducktail to the CDC, but don't want the third brake light opening... and make another mold that would match the existing ducktail but have no opening for the light. Then, you could always buy the third brake light kit from CDC, or Mike can get the LED strips from whoever makes them for CDC and sell them as well.
Old 6/9/05, 10:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by acadian@June 9, 2005, 10:26 AM
I don't know about a plug. Maybe Mike at SSE will see that a lot of people like the shape and fit of the SSE ducktail to the CDC, but don't want the third brake light opening... and make another mold that would match the existing ducktail but have no opening for the light. Then, you could always buy the third brake light kit from CDC, or Mike can get the LED strips from whoever makes them for CDC and sell them as well.
EXACTLY!!!!