05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Best tail light sequencers?

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/07, 10:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
When not using turn signals,hazards,or braking the lights are solid. When you brake they sequence 123 and then become solid. When you have the brakes on and signaling to turn one side is solid and the other is going through a constant sequence 123. When you turn on your hazards both sides run 123 untill you turn them off.
Did that make sense? If not the point is they're perfectly safe and if anything will make the idiot behind you more aware.
All this is true, unless you wire it up so that the BRAKES don't sequence at all. The brake lights will light up like stock (except all 6 bulbs light up, not 4). the instructions for this are on webelectric's website.
Old 2/22/07, 10:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by RRRoamer
For me, the issue boils down to one thing: I want to keep every thing stock if I can. So, I much prefer the option of pulling my stock harnesses out and storing them with the other stock parts in the attic. If at some point I decide to return the car to stock, I won't be trying to track down a stock replacement part that may or may not be made anymore.
+1 here...EXACTLY my reasoning as well, which is why I chose webelectrics and kept my factory harness
Old 2/22/07, 10:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Well, you would have to have both of them on for somebody to think they were your hazard lights. No offense to you, but if somebody thought I was stopped on the road when I had my turn signal on, they would deserve a big .
They may deserve a big slap, but you will be the one with the hurt car.
Old 2/22/07, 10:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually, have you seen the "go around" lights on some of the service trucks on the side of the road? They light up in the exact same sequence as the "chase" does. Granted, they are yellow arrows instead of red rectangles, but have you see what is coming out of schools these days???

I'm not going to take that chance! But it does look sweet!
Old 2/22/07, 11:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Webelectric rocks!! 1.5 years with their PnP kit and ZERO problems!!

They were great! I recommend them 110%!!

PS - I don't like the "chase" it looks too "gaudy" for me... just a simple sequence is all I want/need!
Old 2/22/07, 11:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went with the CDC ones. Couldn't beat the price. Free I guess I spent enough with them at the 30th that the sales lady took pitty on me and threw in a set.
Old 2/22/07, 12:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by bee bop
I went with the CDC ones. Couldn't beat the price. Free I guess I spent enough with them at the 30th that the sales lady took pitty on me and threw in a set.
Dam how much did you spend?? I've spent alot with them and have yet to get something for free.
CDC products I've bought:
Chin spoiler
Shaker system
Hood struts
Sequentials
Foot pedals
Ducktail w/3 brake light replacement
Old 2/22/07, 03:02 PM
GTR Member

For me, the issue boils down to one thing: I want to keep every thing stock if I can.
Originally Posted by mikes rx
+1 here...EXACTLY my reasoning as well, which is why I chose webelectrics and kept my factory harness
With all your mods you are going to agree with "I want to keep every thing stock if I can"?

Originally Posted by mrkabc
PS - I don't like the "chase" it looks too "gaudy" for me... just a simple sequence is all I want/need!
And I think the Saleen HID headlights are "gaudy".

My point being - everybody is different and we all like different things. Thank god everybody's car doesn't look like mine. I wouldn't get as many compliments if people saw my car everywhere.
Old 2/22/07, 03:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
With all your mods you are going to agree with "I want to keep every thing stock if I can"?

And I think the Saleen HID headlights are "guady".

Old 2/22/07, 03:28 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Trying to start trouble, TacoBell? I just picked something on his mod list that I personally didn't like to make a point.
Old 2/22/07, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

And I think the Saleen HID headlights are "gaudy".

My point being - everybody is different and we all like different things. Thank god everybody's car doesn't look like mine. I wouldn't get as many compliments if people saw my car everywhere.
My whole point is to keep it stock IF I can. I can easily remove the factory harness and plug in a new one and then reinstall the factory harness when I want to return it to stock. It's a bit harder to return it to stock when you have to poke holes in bushings to install an extra wire. It's not a huge issue, but it IS something that I can avoid.

On the other hand, I had no issues with doing some serious cutting/fabricating on my inner door panes to install some JL Audio 8W3V2 subs in place of the rather pathetic factory "subs". Unfortunately, there really wasn't any option to get the kind of sound I wanted out of that hole without resorting to surgery.

But on this one item, there is no reason to hack up my wiring harness, so I won't.
Old 2/22/07, 05:12 PM
Queen Of Nascar

WebElectric all the way. Plug and play and I installed them myself.
Old 2/22/07, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Simple, CHASE is not the Cougar way at all...........

Point is to HAVE that look and not some X mas light look !

After YEARS of research CDC was the way to go hands down and my car can be returned to stock in a mere 30 minutes............

True MODS should be plug and play period..............
Old 2/22/07, 08:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by YardSpecial
True MODS should be plug and play period..............
I wish I can 'Plug & Play' a supercharger..
Old 2/22/07, 10:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Maybe I should have said "If I needed to go back to stock" not "if I can".

EVERYTHING on my car can be easliy removed and returned to stock if needed, with NO evidence of modification. The only thing I would need are new trim pieces to replace the ones I drilled for the light bar, and those should be easily found at any junk yard, or bought at the parts dept if needed.

Trying to start trouble, TacoBell?
No offense taken, No trouble started. I know not everyone likes the bar (which I assume you are talking about), but IMO it looks better than the CDC straight up look.

I just picked something on his mod list that I personally didn't like to make a point.
Point rebutted.
Old 2/23/07, 12:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm looking to install tail light sequencers on my 05 GT. Who's making the best unit out there? I do not want to have to butcher up my wiring harness and I want on that has proven to be reliable over the long haul (for some reason, I a bit leary when it comes to messing with something like brake lights!).

What experiences have folks had? Good? Bad? Ugly? Any recommendations?

Thanks for the help!
If you're looking for the absolute best there is then the ONLY one to go with is the WebElectric Products sequentials...........period!
It IS a true plug-N-play and they use an actual factory harness.
Old 2/23/07, 10:50 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TRMN8TR
If you're looking for the absolute best there is then the ONLY one to go with is the WebElectric Products sequentials...........period!
Depends what your definition of "best" is. Best as in easiest, or best looking?
Old 2/23/07, 10:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow I'm amazed at how long this thread has gone on. With that said I'm sure anyone will be happy with webelectric or CDC. So just buy from whichever company your more comfortable with.
Now can we close this thread???

CDCWebelectric

Old 2/23/07, 10:56 AM
GTR Member

Meter4it

Old 2/23/07, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

It definitely looks like there are three good choices go go with:

1) WebElectronics for the absolute "unplug and then plug and play"
2) CDC for plug and play for 2006+
3) Meter4it if you want that specific chase sequence and are willing to splice harness wiring.

The best part of the thread as far as I am concerned is there hasn't been anyone jumping in and saying "xyz is crap! It died after x months!!!". That leaves the decision based on features OTHER than quality.

I think I am going with the WebElectronics version.

Quick Reply: Best tail light sequencers?