05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Best tail light sequencers?

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/07, 07:12 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDC Dynamite Stick Sequential Taillights are the way to go. That's a recognized brand name with a good reputation to hold.
No splicing and no harness required!
Old 2/20/07, 07:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
well unless they changed it, cdc you had to run a wire thru a grommet, and plug it into the light bulb housing, and to run the wire they want you to cut a slice in the wiring grommet for the light bulb housing. At least when I had them you had to do this and add the 3rd bulb I think. Web electrics came fully ready to plug up, no running extra wire, and slicing gromets and what not. So like I said I have owned the cdc dynamite sequentials and you did have to modify, I am not saying it was hard but you did. Web electric, un plug the harness, and take out the bulbs, plug in the new harness and bulbs, and your done. So like I said unless they have changed theres, you are wrong they are not the same. If they did change them my apologies.
Did you not read my two previous posts before typing the above?
Old 2/21/07, 06:09 AM
GTR Member

I'm really curious about why everybody is so afraid of splicing.

It's not rocket science and you can still put it back to stock if need be.
Old 2/21/07, 07:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Top reasons why us Webbys chose the kit:

Chrome plated sockets
The faces of the sockets are metalized. This gives a very nice appearance as the sockets are visible through the transluscent taillight lenses. Also, since this keeps the sockets from turning brown over time due to the high heat of the light bulbs, the fixtures maintain their crisp, clean look throughout the life of the car.

Proper grommet
The correct grommet is used to keep moisture out of the trunk. This grommet is specifically designed for this application, just like the OEM harnesses. It is not an off-the-shelf, ill-fitting piece like the ones used by other harness manufacturers.

Cable retainer
Sounds simple, but other manufacturers don't include this small but important feature. The cable retainer holds the harness in place. This guarantees proper positioning of the harness, and keeps it from rattling/rubbing against the car body.

OEM connector
And of course, the original equipment connector is used for quick and accurate "Plug-N-Play" installation. No splicing or other harness modifications are required.

Bottom line, why choose this 'simple' kit...

...when you can have this...
Old 2/21/07, 08:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
I guess I don't understand what all the fuss is about plug and play systems. I mean really, installing the hard-wired kits is not hard.
It actually has nothing to do with being "hard". If I wanted to, I could easily design, build and install my own sequencers that could be programmed to do pretty much what ever I want. Installing a ready build kit is pretty much trivial.

For me, the issue boils down to one thing: I want to keep every thing stock if I can. So, I much prefer the option of pulling my stock harnesses out and storing them with the other stock parts in the attic. If at some point I decide to return the car to stock, I won't be trying to track down a stock replacement part that may or may not be made anymore.

I'll never forget some of the problems my cousin had while restoring a 1969 Mach 1 with a 428CJ. He had the car since he was in high school and he moded the heck out of it. He also had the pleasure of spending over 18 months trying to track down the correct smog pump for this car, then he got to pay $1200 to buy it. Used. And he had yanked off the orginal, factory installed smog pump and threw it in the trash when he was in high school!

So, I've learned from my cousin's mistake and I'm not going to modify parts on my car if I don't have too.

Oh, and the Mach 1 has been fully restored and is now a Concours class car (Second place in it's first showing. One of the judges came by afterwards and told him he would have easily had first if he would take the headers off!). He still takes that car to shows regularly. And to the drag strip! You should see the crowds when a Concours class car goes out and rips off a low 13, high 12 quarter mile run.
Old 2/21/07, 09:13 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Bottom line, why choose this 'simple' kit... ...when you can have this...
Why have this:

When you can have this:

Old 2/21/07, 09:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

CDC all the way!

True Plug n play kit! No splicing or crimping necessary!
Old 2/21/07, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Why have this:

When you can have this:

I agree, the chase will bend right in around the Holiday Season.

Old 2/21/07, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While I DO like the looks of the chase sequence, I think it looks too much like some kind of hazard light than a proper turn signal. With the "standard" sequence, at least when I see it I think "turn" instead of "what is that?" with the chase.

It looks sweet, but I really don't want someone trying to go around when I am trying to make a left hand turn and they think I am stopping on the road!
Old 2/21/07, 01:20 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by RRRoamer
While I DO like the looks of the chase sequence, I think it looks too much like some kind of hazard light than a proper turn signal. With the "standard" sequence, at least when I see it I think "turn" instead of "what is that?" with the chase.

It looks sweet, but I really don't want someone trying to go around when I am trying to make a left hand turn and they think I am stopping on the road!
Well, you would have to have both of them on for somebody to think they were your hazard lights. No offense to you, but if somebody thought I was stopped on the road when I had my turn signal on, they would deserve a big .

As far as the brakes go - when you hit the brakes the lights light up in sequence and all 3 stay lit for as long as you hold your foot on the brake. When you take your foot off the brakes, they turn off in sequence.

And Bill and Ray, let me give you a while I'm at it. The middle light would have to be green for them to be Christmas lights!
Old 2/21/07, 01:47 PM
GTR Member

Here it comes... my retaliation from Bill... any second now:

(he's a slow typer)

Wait for it.... wait for it....
Old 2/21/07, 01:51 PM

No offense you you, ...

And Bill and Ray, let me give you a while I'm at it. The middle light would have to be green for them to be Christmas lights!
you you?? I didn't know RRRoamer was Chinese!

Now there was an idea for the Holiday Season! If you had clear lenses, you could've swapped out your middle red bulb with a green one.
Old 2/21/07, 01:53 PM
GTR Member

you you??
I don't know what you are talking about...
Old 2/21/07, 01:54 PM

Here it comes... my retaliation from Bill... any second now:

(he's a slow typer)

Wait for it.... wait for it....
Old 2/21/07, 01:56 PM
GTR Member

I hope nobody waited for it.

Bill, why are you hijacking this poor guy's thread?

Splicing? Not splicing! Heavens to murgatroid!
Old 2/21/07, 01:58 PM

Splicing? Not splicing! Heavens to murgatroid!
You're right, Tom. My apology to Clint.

Back to topic... WebElectric rules.
Old 2/22/07, 08:12 AM
V6 Member

Some like chase , some like sequential...I choose to have both options available, but I will never go back to the sequential option after seeing chase.

http://www.meter4it.com/2006_and_2007_Mustang.htm
Old 2/22/07, 09:59 AM
GT Member

I am confused how these lights work. So if you hit breake pedal, the sequence will stop and become solid, correct? So if you are stopped on red light waiting to turn, your turn light of course is on, but if you have auto trans, your foot is also on the break pedal, which means the sequence is not working and you have solid light, so the guy behind you how knows you are turning? Am I missing something?
Old 2/22/07, 10:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by hk2006
I am confused how these lights work. So if you hit breake pedal, the sequence will stop and become solid, correct? So if you are stopped on red light waiting to turn, your turn light of course is on, but if you have auto trans, your foot is also on the break pedal, which means the sequence is not working and you have solid light, so the guy behind you how knows you are turning? Am I missing something?
When not using turn signals,hazards,or braking the lights are solid. When you brake they sequence 123 and then become solid. When you have the brakes on and signaling to turn one side is solid and the other is going through a constant sequence 123. When you turn on your hazards both sides run 123 untill you turn them off.
Did that make sense? If not the point is they're perfectly safe and if anything will make the idiot behind you more aware.
Old 2/22/07, 10:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
When you have the brakes on and signaling to turn one side is solid and the other is going through a constant sequence 123.
OK, this makes sense, Thanks Leo for clarifying.

Quick Reply: Best tail light sequencers?