05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Anyone have Raxiom Vector Tail Lights They wanna sell

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/20, 10:53 AM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
Wow Nemisus that was fast! You got them already!
Thanks for all the photos. They do help a lot!
The following users liked this post:
Nemisus (1/14/20)
Old 1/14/20, 05:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Nemisus,

Are the brake duct grilles removable or allowed to rotate? When looking at your left and right duct grille they are not clocked the same. The original Shelby GTs didn't have a brake duct grille from photos I have seen.
Old 1/14/20, 06:24 PM
GT Member

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by VGMStudios
Wow Nemisus that was fast! You got them already!
Thanks for all the photos. They do help a lot!
Yeah I was really shocked at how fast both the bezels and lights arrived. The bezels were at more door in less than 48 hours of the order.

Originally Posted by Centurion96
Hi Nemisus,

Are the brake duct grilles removable or allowed to rotate? When looking at your left and right duct grille they are not clocked the same. The original Shelby GTs didn't have a brake duct grille from photos I have seen.
Sadly they are not rotatable. I actually spoke with Justin about this as it was the first thing I noticed. The website photo shows the screen perfectly vertical/horizontal. He said the manufacturer changed something and they all come this way. Although the angle doesn't bother too much, the fact that they do not match does. Oh well I suppose... It provides an options for us GT/CS Shelby GT guys again and most wont even notice. By most, I mean those not interested in cars. LOL

Cheers

​​​​​​​Nemi
Old 1/14/20, 11:29 PM
GT Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
To the best of my knowledge Shelby America sold two versions. The original was ABS plastic and was made in China. It was a very nice piece.The second version was fiberglass and stainless made by Shelby America. it was not very good and returned by a lot of people and soon discontinued. Here are some pictures of both versions and one home built solution. Also three links on the subject. One of them has a mention of the brake duct hose being the issue if you have a heat exchanger / Intercooler. The lights seem to be ok.

https://www.teamshelby.com/topic/855...-light-bezels/

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...bezels-497665/

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...476876/index5/

First version

Second version

Home built solution
Old 1/31/20, 08:35 PM

Nemi I finally got my light bezels and the first thing I noticed was that the duct grills were at an angle so i pushed on it and noticed that they moved independently from the part so I pushed on it with my figures and it does in fact rotate. They are now straight. So give it a try.
Old 1/31/20, 08:39 PM

Before and after shots.

Old 1/31/20, 09:12 PM
GT Member

Good catch VGM.

I'll have to give it a look. I've spent so much time on the Kenne Bell I sort of lost sight of the Fog Light thing. Bummer too because I've had my bumper off twice now and that would have been a great time to get the bezels fitted.

Thanks for sharing this,

Cheers

VGMStudios (1/31/20)
Old 1/31/20, 10:40 PM
GT Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
I have finalized my design also. We just need to mirror the image and make a left one. I should have some produced in a week or two .

Old 2/1/20, 07:42 AM
GT Member

Looking good Jim!
Old 2/22/20, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling smoked vector

I have a pair of the smoked one but one Taillight stopped lighting the 2nd stage so no brake or signal only lights up other side is fine, probably a little capacitor on the motherboard in the control box needs repair, AM said they can't replace the Taillight under warranty cuz they don't sell anymore so they sent me a Raxiom sequencial harness but is for stock lights so that doesn't work, so I'm selling if someone can repair themselves, mint condition otherwise only year and half old sitting in a box for sale if anyone is interested?

Old 4/6/20, 06:58 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
I actually considered purchasing the vector tail lights until coming across all the problems about some of the flashers that either stopped working or didn't at all. There's also reason for concern as to whether Spyder Lighting will continue to produce the vector tail lights or will they be discontinued just as Raxiom did once the remaining stock has sold out? If that does indeed end up becoming reality, you can pretty much kiss your $279.00 goodbye along with the additional costs for purchasing the extended warranty coverage in the event something should go wrong with them just as Raxiom did when they no longer accepted warranty claims nor would issue refunds. Therefore chances are neither will Spyder Lighting. Needless to say, there's obviously a very good reason that Raxiom discontinued the Vector tail light kits and despite Spyder Lighting taking over as the re-manufacturer, they continue to experience the very same problem issues as Raxiom had before them. That being said, I'll just pass on the Spyder vector tail lights and stick with my "OEM" sequential harness kit, at least until Spyder Lighting considers designing their own version of the Vector tail lights from the ground up.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 4/7/20 at 09:54 PM.
Old 4/8/20, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I actually considered purchasing the vector tail lights until coming across all the problems about some of the flashers that either stopped working or didn't at all. There's also reason for concern as to whether Spyder Lighting will continue to produce the vector tail lights or will they be discontinued just as Raxiom did once the remaining stock has sold out? If that does indeed end up becoming reality, you can pretty much kiss your $279.00 goodbye along with the additional costs for purchasing the extended warranty coverage in the event something should go wrong with them just as Raxiom did when they no longer accepted warranty claims nor would issue refunds. Therefore chances are neither will Spyder Lighting. Needless to say, there's obviously a very good reason that Raxiom discontinued the Vector tail light kits and despite Spyder Lighting taking over as the re-manufacturer, they continue to experience the very same problem issues as Raxiom had before them. That being said, I'll just pass on the Spyder vector tail lights and stick with my "OEM" sequential harness kit, at least until Spyder Lighting considers designing their own version of the Vector tail lights from the ground up.
Just a bit of information. Spyder didnt remanufacture these as they are the manufacture. They just sold all the left over stock Raxiom didnt for a cheaper price. Its the exact same thing, probably why it is a hit or miss with the issues. The boxes just have a Spyder sticker over anything Raxiom. Also if you look closely at the ones Raxiom sold you can see the Spyder logo on them too! I have a set which I have yet to install. I hope they dont have any issues (fingers crossed).
m05fastbackGT (4/8/20)
Old 4/8/20, 09:39 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Being that it's still a hit or miss, it would appear as though the issues with the Vectors still have not been resolved. Therefore unless Spyder offers to continue producing the Vector tail lights and improve upon the design? I'll stand by the previous post. Meanwhile, I hope for your sake you don't come across any issues (fingers also crossed) Also, thanks for the heads up
Old 4/12/20, 12:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is my take on the Spyder Vectors. From photos posted in this thread it appears that the sequencing module is external to the lights themselves. Unlike the Gen 5s there also appear to be a lot of screws on the backside for removal of the covers. I have spoken to small businesses overseas that have modified the Gen 5s to meet their nation's laws governing turn signals and taillights. On the Gen 5's this required opening the cases with a dremel or rotozip, making the mods and then epoxying them back together. If the Vectors will provide access to all of the three light segment wires on each side then a simple cut and solder of a more reliable sequencing module with an appropriate load resister on the innermost light segment should work. I've been running an aftermarket sequencer on my '07 for 13 years with no bulb or sequencer failures. My sequencer has the option of not allowing the 3 segments to sequence when the brakes are applied which is what I prefer and why I was contacting overseas businesses. I just have to make up my mind on whether I want the red or the red smoke.

SF
Old 1/18/24, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Nemisus

Hi, Nemisus, I'm a new user so forgive me if the formatting is wrong or anything like that. But do you still have the broken fixture still? If so would you be willing to sell it or the relay itself? Mine went bad and I'm trying to get a new one that ISN'T 200 or more dollars.

Sorry I borrowed your picture but that's the part I need, I'm willing to buy just that or the whole fixture.

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/18/24 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Extra Context...
Old 1/18/24, 06:17 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
I Did a Page For You! He Was Active in November So Good Chance He Will Respond!

KC