05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

68 Shelby hood

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/07, 06:27 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jcode68
I agree the DCF hood is about as close to perfect proportions as you could get, but looking at the Cervini and DCF side by side they are pretty close. The distance from the edge of the hood to the scoop is about the same, but the center section distance between the scoops is smaller on the Cervini. I think this is more obvious looking at the Cervini pic because the hood is solid color with no stripes. I'll ask again, is there a Photochop expert on this forum that could throw a quick white or even better, silver set of Shelby strips on the Cervini pic for us to look at?
Go to photochop section.Thats where the gurus hang out and work their magic
Old 3/8/07, 06:32 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
well without having the cervinis hood in front of me I cant get an exact measurement, but it appears as though the points of the scoops where they touch the hood are about 2-3 inches back from the edge of the hood, and the DCF hoods same points are only 1/4" from the actual lip of the hood (the small half inch ridge that hangs down at an angle from the flat top of the hood), the DCF hoods points are also more subtle and a little thicker, the other problem with the Cervini one (IMO) is that it looks like they added a scoop ontop of the hood, kind of like the other one they already have further back on the hood.
The DCF is a lot more subtle and integrates the scoops into the natural curves and lines of the stock hood, more like the Cali Dreamn' does.
You said it exactly! The Cervini one almost looks square on top while the DCF Has more rounded smooth flowingness to it. I finally saw the extractor vents on the DCF and that concerns me though. Not sure I'm crazy about having water constantly fallin into the engine bay
Old 3/9/07, 04:20 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
You said it exactly! The Cervini one almost looks square on top while the DCF Has more rounded smooth flowingness to it. I finally saw the extractor vents on the DCF and that concerns me though. Not sure I'm crazy about having water constantly fallin into the engine bay
lol well I guess u dont have to worry about that since there arent any DCF hoods for sell...JK around.

But good to know.

The DCFs didnt come functional it was left up to the purchaser to have that done. But so what if water falls into the engine bay in that location, its not going to harm anything, just make you have to clean it after it rains. I do a quick detail of the engine bay every time I clean my car.
Old 3/17/07, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Boltzman - I thought you bought a hood on another thread? That's the hood I posted some pics of last week. You should call and talk to them direct!

I did locate this little gem on ebay last night!
Got a hold of the guy who bought that hood on ebay...Here's a pic. of the hood on his car....

http://www.grabberorange.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=649

hags1
Old 3/17/07, 02:46 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by hags1
Got a hold of the guy who bought that hood on ebay...Here's a pic. of the hood on his car....

http://www.grabberorange.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=649

hags1
Good find dan..That hood looks way to bulky for me..also i dont like my hood being a totally different color than the rest of the car.I guess it kind of works for GO though. I'm really considering concept hood like this from Cervini..Its lower profile and good price and knowing that it will be quality are good things
Old 3/18/07, 08:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks good on his orange coupe.