05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

2010 Style Taillamps for 05-09!!!

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/10, 11:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WaltM
There standard, so no problems. I believe it's the modification, not the sequencing that's illegal.
Old 5/15/10, 11:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
Right or wrong, I found these, so my bases are covered.

http://www.meter4it.com/2005_to_2009_mustang.htmund these...

Last edited by WaltM; 5/15/10 at 12:00 PM.
Old 6/17/10, 10:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Finally got mine. I am European and have need of Amber indicators so I am really very happy from those lamps. The only mod I did I smoked white clear panels to fit my black rear.
Cops you can kiss me for non amber indicators now

Old 6/17/10, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

looks great! how did you tint the clear portion?
Old 6/17/10, 11:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by firestang
looks great! how did you tint the clear portion?

Tell us! It looks really good !
Old 6/17/10, 01:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I used Smoked Vinyl Foil that is normally used for Tail Lights 'smoking' effect.
Was a bit problematic as the clear panels are partly depressed but with a sharp knife and a bit manual skills I manage to make it quite well.

I put square part on the top to cover whole clear panel with a little margin on red as well then cut with sharp knife two lines just on the edge of depressed part and using soft microfibre cloth push it to stick inside. Then with knife I went around the white panel line, (with about 1mm on red) to cut of margin and get nice oval shape.
When you will look close you will see that the walls of depressed part are still clear. But you really have to look from about 10 inches to see it.

Hope you understand.

Last edited by seabiscuit; 6/17/10 at 01:59 PM.
Old 6/17/10, 11:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by seabiscuit
Finally got mine. I am European and have need of Amber indicators so I am really very happy from those lamps. The only mod I did I smoked white clear panels to fit my black rear.
Cops you can kiss me for non amber indicators now

Looks great and this worked out perfect for you! If I was not so hung up on sequential turn signals I would do the amber ones.
Old 7/1/10, 03:33 AM

I used Smoked Vinyl Foil that is normally used for Tail Lights 'smoking' effect.
Was a bit problematic as the clear panels are partly depressed but with a sharp knife and a bit manual skills I manage to make it quite well.

I put square part on the top to cover whole clear panel with a little margin on red as well then cut with sharp knife two lines just on the edge of depressed part and using soft microfibre cloth push it to stick inside. Then with knife I went around the white panel line, (with about 1mm on red) to cut of margin and get nice oval shape.
When you will look close you will see that the walls of depressed part are still clear. But you really have to look from about 10 inches to see it.

Hope you understand.
How did you get the amber light? Do you have a different wire harness than we do?
Old 7/1/10, 11:39 PM
Bullitt Member

How did you get the amber light? Do you have a different wire harness than we do?
I have the same wire harness but rebuilt a bit. Original US indicators with brakes are cut off.
Then the signal for stop is going from the brake pedal and the power directly from battery everything is going to the microraley – the same like for example in mezzire water pomp, which gives power to the rear stops when I press brake pedal.
Now amber indicators the same: power goes directly from battery and signal comes from front indicators (can be taken from SJB internal car computer as well) to microraley. Left and right signal separately of course.
Then I bought additional sockets
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...er-Bulb-Socket
and with amber 18w bulb I assembled them in spear white cell of that new rear tail lamps.
Old 7/1/10, 11:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have the same wire harness but rebuilt a bit. Original US indicators with brakes are cut off.
Then the signal for stop is going from the brake pedal and the power directly from battery everything is going to the microraley – the same like for example in mezzire water pomp, which gives power to the rear stops when I press brake pedal.
Now amber indicators the same: power goes directly from battery and signal comes from front indicators (can be taken from SJB internal car computer as well) to microraley. Left and right signal separately of course.
Then I bought additional sockets
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...er-Bulb-Socket
and with amber 18w bulb I assembled them in spear white cell of that new rear tail lamps.
I had been wondering if you would be able to find an amber bulb that was bright enough for turn signals which would fit those small sockets or whether you had to go with a larger socket like the brake lamps using a large amber bulb.

Last edited by watchdevil; 7/1/10 at 11:56 PM.
Old 7/2/10, 01:02 AM

I have the same wire harness but rebuilt a bit. Original US indicators with brakes are cut off. ...*blah blah blah* I assembled them in spear white cell of that new rear tail lamps.
Man, you're way better with wiring than I am. Too much work. I'll settle for my crappy red blinking ones.
Old 7/2/10, 11:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I had been wondering if you would be able to find an amber bulb that was bright enough for turn signals which would fit those small sockets or whether you had to go with a larger socket like the brake lamps using a large amber bulb.
That one is strong enough:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...de-Marker-Bulb
This is the same power bulb that is used in 3rd brake light and our reverse light but amber color of course.
Old 7/3/10, 12:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That one is strong enough:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...de-Marker-Bulb
This is the same power bulb that is used in 3rd brake light and our reverse light but amber color of course.
I never realized before that an amber bulb of this type was ever utilized having 18 watts. Normally side marker lamps are 5 watts. I always see the clear bulbs like this used for 3rd brake lamps, back-up lamps and dome/map lights.
Old 7/3/10, 12:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I never realized before that an amber bulb of this type was ever utilized having 18 watts. Normally side marker lamps are 5 watts. I always see the clear bulbs like this used for 3rd brake lamps, back-up lamps and dome/map lights.
This is T15 kind of bulb and you can get them 5W, 7W, 11W, 18W and even 21W
Here is white one 21W on e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/T-15-CLEAR-WHITE...item5184bf0fbf

Last edited by seabiscuit; 7/3/10 at 12:17 AM.
Old 7/3/10, 12:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Man, you're way better with wiring than I am. Too much work. I'll settle for my crappy red blinking ones.
Sorry maybe my English in not perfect so it sounds complicated. Generally the key are micro raleys. You can not get power from SJB as you will burn it you can not take power from 3rd brake line as you will burn SJB with too much power consumption etc. So you take power directly from battery and then only signal from whatever you want and run through that simple microraley switch that’s it.
Old 11/13/10, 07:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick photoshop. Hmmm... I like them.
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Style Taillamps for 05-09!!!-tail-light-mod-final.bmp.jpg  
Old 11/13/10, 10:09 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red - is that the CDC DT and the stock spoiler? Got any more pics?
Old 11/17/10, 10:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Here are mine

Old 11/18/10, 01:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

These look identical, too bad they are $289.99 / set...
http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=5051

Originally Posted by 07S197
The ones I like are what is found on the Formula Drift cars, they kinda have a euro look to them. If I were to change to anything other than my smoked stock ones, they would be it. I wonder who makes them...

Old 11/18/10, 02:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Black GT500
These look identical, too bad they are $289.99 / set...
http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=5051

Honestly, I rather have this than the 2010 style tail lights. Just my .02 cents.

Quick Reply: 2010 Style Taillamps for 05-09!!!