Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

Some thoughts on week 3....

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/06, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some thoughts on week 3....

1. The Eagles, although they were playing the 49ers (sorry Arin!), did what they needed to do and dominated the game today. Trent Cole is going to make losing Jevon Kearse for the season much more bearable. There seems to be no drop off in talent from Kearse to Cole and Howard to Thomas. I actually think that Jaqua Thomas might be the best defensive end on the team, as he's powerful AND fast as heck! The Eagles really need Lito Sheppard back at corner, the secondary is getting killed.

2. I think that Giants fans came down to Earth a little after the spanking that Seattle gave them today. There was ALOT of yapping from Giants fans about their comeback win. If they want to keep spotting teams double digit leads through three quarters, the Eagles game might be their only win this year....

3. Gotta give credit to Simms for playing with a RUPTURED SPLEEN! What a warrior! Too bad they lost that game, I was pulling for them to beat the Panthers. I still can't see how anyone can call them a Super Bowl favorite. They have a nice team, without a doubt, but not one that can get it done.

4. Dallas is WAY overrated...Their O and D lines are average at best. When a team starts getting a pass rush, Bledsoe is getting just bowled over. T.O. is not going to stay happy for very long, with him getting planted in the pocket. They'll win their share of games and be near the top of the NFC East this year, but the division is weak. Their tackles on defense are weak and if your team as a good center and guards, you're going to be able to open huge holes in the middle.

5. The Bengals are for real....Carson Palmer can really be unbelievable, without a doubt. And I'm not just saying that because they beat the Steelers today, because the Steelers are no where near as good as they were last season. Palmer has a great touch with the ball, great vision and the Bengals are generally giving him time to do something, which is what he needs. They're my pick for the Super Bowl this year.

6. Alex Smith of the 49ers is going to be a great quarterback, once they get him some protection and some legitimate weapons. And their defense can stop someone.
Old 9/25/06, 07:05 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
well said

yes yes i know we got thrashed lol, but beleive it or not i felt good about the niners yesterday. they werent just a bunch of pushvers like they were last year. at least they kept kicking instead of giving up ten mnutes into the second quarter like last year

cant wait to see how this year turns out.

just out of curiosity, does anyone thing the niners will break even? alot of my friends think they wont, but i have an inkling that they might even do better; they might even having a winning season.

either way, this is gonna be a fun year of football (and i think i set the record for worst scoring in a fantasy game ever lol, along with most skewed results when compared to the estimates. grrrr...)
Old 9/25/06, 07:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeahhh My Packers won't go winless now
Old 9/25/06, 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Yeahhh My Packers won't go winless now

No "W"'s in your future this week, though! lol...At least I hope!

Hopefully Trent Cole will stay on the murderous pace that he has going with sacks this year (5 sacks in 3 games) and put Farve on his tail a couple of times.

I have a feeling that Favre is going to have a pretty good day though, unless we get Lito Sheppard back this week. Our secondary has been poor at best.

Go Eagles!