Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

My son got to meet Bobby Cox

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/10, 07:42 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My son got to meet Bobby ***

For Father's Day, my wife had bought us all tickets to see the Braves. My son and wife had never been to Turner field before so we thought this would be a good experience for them too. Our hotel was just a block or 2 from the stadium. About an hour or so before the game we walk over to the main gate and we see all the ushers going in to work. One in particular walks by and I notice he has a 70's era Braves hat on. I don't think much of it other than that. A few seconds later, he comes up from behind me and tells me after I get in he'd like for us to meet him at section 107. We say sure thing.

After we get through the main entrance, my son says he'd like a Braves shirt and hat so we go over to the club house to get one. My son picks the shirt with the number 6 on the back for no other reason except that he is 6 years old. How can you argue with that.

So we go over to section 107 like the usher asked. We wait on him just a little and when he finds us he takes us down to his suite, the Walter Banks suite. He tells us all kinds of things he knows about numbers, really cool stuff. Anyway, Ned Colegrove with Fox Sports South in Atlanta was there too and shot some video of my son. They noticed the shirt he had on and next thing you know, you know who comes out and says hi.

Here's the video.

http://www.foxsportssouth.com/pages/...lpVt21MkewpbM9
Old 6/23/10, 07:53 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that's prett awesome man! I havnet been to tune field in years.
Old 6/23/10, 08:03 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I hadn't been in years myself.