Sports College and Pro Sports and Fantasy Leagues

Lakers

Search this Thread

Old 5/28/08, 01:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Star
So how exactly then Lakers managed to lose +14 last night?

Lakers won 2 out of 3 games against Spurs thanks for referees.

Dick Bavetta and Joey Crawford - Lakers should retire your jerseys since you played a bigger part in Lakers' win over the years than Kobe, Shaq and any other player.
When did the Spurs take the lead? Never. Why? Because good teams find a way to keep the lead.

Blame the refs if that's what make you happy. At the end of the day Spurs are still down 3-1.
Old 5/28/08, 01:49 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I'm not the only person who blames refs.

There gotta be a reason why so many people blame refs when Lakers play. Like I said before, I'm not Lakers or Spurs fan so I didn't start blaming refs for no reason.
Old 5/28/08, 02:23 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red Star, I seriously suggest you decide to go watch another sport. Otherwise your just gonna keep being angry. Like it or not, the Lakers have played better basketball than the Spurs for 3 out of the 4 games so far. Thats it. Plain and simple.

Did the refs make SA blow a 20 pt lead? No
Did the refs give LA a 30 pt lead? No
Did the refs make SA win by 14 in Game 3? No
Did the refs cause SA to lose last night? No

Give it up, even the Spurs wont sink as low as to make excuses for losing, they know they were out played for 48 min of basketball
Old 5/28/08, 02:37 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I have always felt basketball was subjective. Winners say they deserve to win, losers blame refs and such. Perhaps the game is flawed. I said it before there is a foul on every play its just a matter of if its called. Just like in pro football there is a hold on every play, its either not seen or not called because frankly it would get ridiculous to have a flag or foul on every freakin' play. Its something you live with if you watch sports, but as you suggested to RedStar I'm gonna do something else. Maybe someday everyone will get tired of the corporate NBA marketing machine and do something else, like go outside and play basketball with their kids or friends.
Old 5/28/08, 02:56 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Like it or not, the Lakers have played better basketball than the Spurs for 3 out of the 4 games so far. Thats it. Plain and simple.
Back in 2002 Kings have played better basketball than Lakers for 6 out of the 7 games. And yet they lost it, thanks for referees. You might think that I hate Lakers because they have defeated the Kings that year, but Kings lost playoff series against Timberwolves the following year and I never hated T-Wolves, because they won that series fair.

Just because somebody blows 20 pts lead doesn't mean they have to lose.
Old 5/28/08, 03:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Back in 2002 Kings have played better basketball than Lakers for 6 out of the 7 games. And yet they lost it, thanks for referees. You might think that I hate Lakers because they have defeated the Kings that year, but Kings lost playoff series against Timberwolves the following year and I never hated T-Wolves, because they won that series fair.

Yeah it does. If you have a 20pt lead, lose it, and the clock runs out you have to lose.
Old 5/28/08, 03:16 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Well, imo the refs excuse could never hold against the T-wolves since they arent a popular franchise like the Lakers, and they didnt win the ring that year.
Old 5/28/08, 07:47 PM
Number Cruncher

I admit, I'm a Laker fan.
Have been since the Jerry West days.
I know exactly how Red Star feels.
I used to feel that way about the Celtics.
Used to... Heck I still do.
It ain't rational, but it's true.

Hasn't stopped me from enjoying NBA games though.
If you really want to see some fouls, watch the action away from the ball.
Old 5/28/08, 09:50 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

League acknowledges Spurs' Barry was fouled

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=3416412
Old 5/28/08, 11:58 PM
Post *****

All I can say to all you Laker fans is when it happens to you don't come crying to this forum. Because someday maybe others will agree that someone else "deserves" to win. I can't understand this country when people think they deserve this and deserve that. Deservings got nothing to do with it folks. You play by the rules and when that fails you go home. So in all likelyhood we're going home (Spurs) but deserving a win is just crap. Stick to a 'they beat them straight up' on the floor arguement or something like that if you can sleep at night. I deserve a billion bucks and my wife would agree with me but it ain't happening wihtout me kicking some *** at work and living my life right.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 5/29/08 at 12:00 AM.
Old 5/29/08, 01:10 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Lennyb44
I admit, I'm a Laker fan.
Have been since the Jerry West days.
I know exactly how Red Star feels.
I used to feel that way about the Celtics.
Used to... Heck I still do.
It ain't rational, but it's true.

Hasn't stopped me from enjoying NBA games though.
If you really want to see some fouls, watch the action away from the ball.
Dang, my hat is tipped to you sir. I could not have survived through all those battle with the Celtics. And Elgin retiring right before they won....thats rough.

But the Laker pedigree is still alive!

League acknowledges Spurs' Barry was fouled

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=3416412

I dont know why youre quoting this because no one here was refuting the fact the it was a foul. Phil Jackson even admitted it right after the game. That still doesnt change the fact that those fouls dont get called at the end of a game, a policy that the NBA has had for years....

And did you already forget about the fact that fishers shot DID hit the rim, therefore it should have been Lakers ball with a full 24 and only 5 on the game clock?

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
All I can say to all you Laker fans is when it happens to you don't come crying to this forum. Because someday maybe others will agree that someone else "deserves" to win. I can't understand this country when people think they deserve this and deserve that. Deservings got nothing to do with it folks. You play by the rules and when that fails you go home. So in all likelyhood we're going home (Spurs) but deserving a win is just crap. Stick to a 'they beat them straight up' on the floor arguement or something like that if you can sleep at night. I deserve a billion bucks and my wife would agree with me but it ain't happening wihtout me kicking some *** at work and living my life right.
2kgtcs, you need to go back and read the last page man. Red Star was the one who insinuated that the Spurs "deserved" to win. I merely argued it by saying that the Lakers deserved to win that game more so than the Spurs because they held the lead the entire game.

But this is getting pathetic fellas. Seriously. If the NBA really was trying to help the Lakers and was giving them calls all the time, then why has it been 4 years since we won a playoff series? Why didnt we get better value for the Shaq trade?

If the NBA hated the Spurs from "podunk" Texas so much, then why have they won 4 titles in the last 10 years?

There's no conspiracy, sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. Plain and simple
Old 5/29/08, 06:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Dang, my hat is tipped to you sir. I could not have survived through all those battle with the Celtics. And Elgin retiring right before they won....thats rough.

But the Laker pedigree is still alive!

I dont know why youre quoting this because no one here was refuting the fact the it was a foul. Phil Jackson even admitted it right after the game. That still doesnt change the fact that those fouls dont get called at the end of a game, a policy that the NBA has had for years....

And did you already forget about the fact that fishers shot DID hit the rim, therefore it should have been Lakers ball with a full 24 and only 5 on the game clock?

2kgtcs, you need to go back and read the last page man. Red Star was the one who insinuated that the Spurs "deserved" to win. I merely argued it by saying that the Lakers deserved to win that game more so than the Spurs because they held the lead the entire game.

But this is getting pathetic fellas. Seriously. If the NBA really was trying to help the Lakers and was giving them calls all the time, then why has it been 4 years since we won a playoff series? Why didnt we get better value for the Shaq trade?

If the NBA hated the Spurs from "podunk" Texas so much, then why have they won 4 titles in the last 10 years?

There's no conspiracy, sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. Plain and simple
+1 Very well said. A thumbs up for each Laker win. Including tonights.
Old 5/29/08, 10:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So who's to blame for tonights Spur loss?

Oh right the consipiracy.

It was a good series but the Lakers were the better team.
On to the Finals now. Hopefully the Celtics win tomorrow night so the consipracy theorists come out in full force.

Gotta love Vujacic's last second 3pt shot to bump the Lakers up to 100.
Old 5/29/08, 10:20 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
+1 Very well said. A thumbs up for each Laker win. Including tonights.
Well you and I are gonna be great friends LEO_06GT!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, i guess i shouldnt be excited cuz the refs just cheated for the lakers to win anyways...[/sarcasm]

Old 5/29/08, 10:50 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

It doesn't get any more boring than this.

Good thing is, European championship in soccer starts in about a week so I have a good excuse not to watch NBA finals.
Old 5/29/08, 10:52 PM
Cobra Member

Go Lakers! We're getting a week's rest! Hopefully we play the Celtics. Either match up will be extremely hard but I believe it can be done!

Friend just spent $380 for a finals ticket. That's mod money but I'm still jealous
Old 5/29/08, 11:15 PM
Post *****

Enjoy it fellas. I'm a football fan anyway. Oh thats right you don't have a team. Sorry!
Old 5/29/08, 11:39 PM
Cobra Member

Low blow
Old 5/29/08, 11:57 PM
Post *****

It's all good. I can honestly say though that between the Lakers and Pistons/Celtics I would rather see Lakers win, just because I dislike the other teams more.

It wasn't Spurs year, they can only win it all in odd number years. '99, '03, '05, '07,...'09?. Does anyone see a pattern here.

R. C. Buford and Pop will reload, hopefully with some younger legs and try again. I just hope Joey Crawford retires.
Old 5/30/08, 01:03 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Enjoy it fellas. I'm a football fan anyway. Oh thats right you don't have a team. Sorry!
ouch. that hurt. I take it youre a cowboys fan right? My team is the niners so i have nothing to look forward too lol....good luck with TO and going up against the spygate dynasty

It's all good. I can honestly say though that between the Lakers and Pistons/Celtics I would rather see Lakers win, just because I dislike the other teams more.

It wasn't Spurs year, they can only win it all in odd number years. '99, '03, '05, '07,...'09?. Does anyone see a pattern here.

R. C. Buford and Pop will reload, hopefully with some younger legs and try again. I just hope Joey Crawford retires.
I dont know why the Spurs can never repeat, but it works out fine for me

Quick Reply: Lakers