Old 6/1/06, 08:05 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Canes win it.
Old 6/1/06, 08:23 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Having fun talking with yourself

It's alright... Buffalo took enough outta those @#^%^s....

My bet is with the OILS

Too bad about the sabres though
Old 6/1/06, 09:13 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes. I spend a lot of time on TMS talking to myself when I do the weekly NASCAR league updates every 10 laps.

Sorry about the Sabres as I know you take this stuff pretty serious (you're Canadian, it runs in your blood). What do I know about hockey? I grew up in N Carolina and went to my first hockey game when I was stationed in Alaska (24 years old)
Old 6/1/06, 10:03 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Although, the Canes won..My Sabres were still the better team, and Carolina should bear in mind, that if it weren't for the loss of 4 of our defensemen, and most of all the loss of Tim Connolly, all out due to injuries..It would be the Sabres, in the Stanley Cup Finals..So let's give credit, where credit is due..Buffalo had one of the greatest and most exciting seasons, since 99, in which nobody can ever take away..Therefore, there's nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to regret..And the good news is, were still a young team, which is only going to get even better, for many more years, yet to come.. So beware Carolina, will be back again next year, and after it's all said and done..It will be our time.. Anyway, thanks again Sabres, for such a great year...
Old 6/2/06, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry m05fastbackGT, I am going to have to stick up for my Canes a little bit here.

1.) The Sabers were not the better team, obviously. It was close, but Carolina was a little better. (4 games to 3 games)

2.) The loss of your 4 defensemen obviously hurt your team, but that is not Carolina's fault. This is part luck, and part how vulnerable players are to injury.

3.) Connolly is basically a cross-out with Cole...they both did about the same this season. Carolina was the #1 team in the league most of the year with Cole playing.
Old 6/2/06, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by scotts05custom
Sorry m05fastbackGT, I am going to have to stick up for my Canes a little bit here.

1.) The Sabers were not the better team, obviously. It was close, but Carolina was a little better. (4 games to 3 games)

2.) The loss of your 4 defensemen obviously hurt your team, but that is not Carolina's fault. This is part luck, and part how vulnerable players are to injury.

3.) Connolly is basically a cross-out with Cole...they both did about the same this season. Carolina was the #1 team in the league most of the year with Cole playing.
So, if the Sabres weren't the better team, then explain to me how they managed to knock off, the Ottawa Senators who were the #1 team, in the entire eastern conference ?? As for Connolly being a cross-out with Cole, I have no idea how you can even come up with that comparision..You seem to have forgotten that, we didn't lose Connolly and our 4 defensemen, until after the Ottawa series..On the other hand, your Canes were able to pick up, both Mark Recchi and Doug Weight, at the trade deadline..Therefore, the Canes have pretty much been a healthy club, going this deep into the playoffs, and you cannot deny, that if you're Canes had lost to the Sabres, due to the very same factors involved, that you wouldn't have felt the same way..And I also do not understand you're quote, about Carolina being the #1 team in the league, most of the year with Cole playing, when in fact, Cole was out, during most of this season..In addition, It was Ottawa that was really the #1 team..However, I can respect you, for being passionate about you're team, there's no denying that.. Anyway, at least were both able, to agree on something..We can both agree to disagree, in a friendly and civilized manner..And finally, I do wish you're Canes, the best of luck, in the finals..
Old 6/2/06, 09:24 PM
I Have No Life

Timmy was out in the Ottawa series...if i remember correctly...
and the defencemen started dropping like fly's near the end of ottawa and through the Carolina series.

Buffalo outplayed carolina a lot, if Ward wasn't in net (or Gerber when he was relief) a lot of those games would have been blow outs...
Carolina is an awsome force of a team... but so was buffalo, and injuries killed them.
2 regular defence of 6 ... and having 1 or 2 forwards playing regular defence to cover... will kill you...

Had the regular lineup been there.... I say it woulda been buffalo in 5 or 6
but...
That's not the way it happened...and the better playing team won...

Go oils :P
Old 6/2/06, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer
Timmy was out in the Ottawa series...if i remember correctly...
and the defencemen started dropping like fly's near the end of ottawa and through the Carolina series.

Buffalo outplayed carolina a lot, if Ward wasn't in net (or Gerber when he was relief) a lot of those games would have been blow outs...
Carolina is an awsome force of a team... but so was buffalo, and injuries killed them.
2 regular defence of 6 ... and having 1 or 2 forwards playing regular defence to cover... will kill you...

Had the regular lineup been there.... I say it woulda been buffalo in 5 or 6
but...
That's not the way it happened...and the better playing team won...

Go oils :P
I totally agree with you 100% Boomer, as for Timmy Connolly, I believe that he didn't get hurt, until either game 1 or game 2 of the Ottawa series, but I could be wrong, I'll have to do some more research on that one..But don't feel too bad...next season will be here, before you know it..and this time, were going to make it, all the way.. you can count on it..
Old 6/3/06, 10:40 AM
I Have No Life

Yes it was in the ottawa series... sorry..thats what I meant...
Earlier post made it sound like he was in the Carolina series and got hurt there...which wasn't the case.
Old 6/4/06, 06:31 PM
GT Member

Funny how people will try to defend the loser. Accept the loss and move on. Here's hoping the cup comes to the south where it belongs.
Old 6/4/06, 06:46 PM
I Have No Life

Where it belongs...hahahah
Yeah ok...

Does it bug you that much that I desect what happened in a series?

I did say the better PLAYING team won... I didn't say Buffalo was robbed...
Old 6/4/06, 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...604?hub=Canada
I hope Edmonton is south enough Enyo but just maybe if you can get Homer Hicham to tie a rocket to that cup , just funning I know he lives not far from you, and someone has to win & lose so may the best prepared team take it !
Old 6/5/06, 12:32 AM

At least people, like Boomer and myself, have the IQ and ability, in desecting the chain of events, that took place during the series, as opposed to just defending the loser, but thats ok.. Because around this same time next year, It will be you, who will be accpeting the loss and then moving on..As for the cup belonging down south..I suppose that you're also going to claim, that hockey originated, in the south as well, right ?? HAHAHAHAHA.. And BTW, if you had bothered taking the time, in reading my entire post..I did also mention, that I wished you're Canes, the very best of luck, in the finals..
Old 6/5/06, 07:17 AM
GT Member

Just funnin' as well. It was a great series. A helluva lot better than the Oilers and the Ducks. I just like it when a "southern" team wins the cup, it manages to knock down the local "**** yankees" a notch. (You do know the difference between a "yankee" and a "**** yankee" don't you?)

Of course I know that most of the players are Canadian anyway. Even our local collegiate team (UAH) is comprised of mostly Canucks. Last year there was 3 Americans on the team. I just love hockey, and the only time it gets any respect around here is when the Cup is in the South.

And I've met Homer, he's an absolute bore.

And they are not my 'Canes. Go Preds!