Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Waiting List?

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/05, 12:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Flyinlow@June 1, 2005, 11:27 AM
...The deposit was for a place on the list to get one, not that he has ordered one. The price of the car is set by each dealer. If the dealer wrote on the piece of paper that he will get the car for MSRP and that document is signed by the dealership then it is a legal and binding document. Each dealer sets their own prices, it has nothing to do with Ford.

Each dealer has the right to create a waiting list for people to ORDER. That doesn't mean they will get one depending on how Ford allocates the cars. Its still rumor that only SVT dealers will sell them and its still rumor that all dealers will get one. When I see something official from Ford thats when I'll believe it.

Absolutely, I'm on several lists to order the GT500 when the information become available, no money down just the ability to order if the dealer gets the necessary allotment of cars. If they only get one or two, I'm out of luck, won't even get the chance to order one. As of now, no one can actually order the GT500 except if your last name is Ford, Shelby, Roush or Saleen
Old 6/1/05, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I dont know why flywheel is getting his pannys in a bunch im just saying there is noway no how any of you is getting a GT500 for msrp it just aint happening. Know why cause limited production its a shelby and since the 2000 cobra R sold for 50 to 60grand how much more do you think people will pay to get a shelby alot more. So when you go to the dealership and ask them to give it to you for msrp get ready for them to laugh at you.
Old 6/1/05, 03:48 PM
FR500 Member

well he really wants it.....but he probably could not pay over 40 grand
Old 6/1/05, 05:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Flyinlow@June 1, 2005, 11:27 AM
Iceman, I've read about enough of your garbage in this post and others. I don't respond much on this forum but this is ridiculous. Read the posts again (assuming you can read because you can't speak or type English). The deposit was for a place on the list to get one, not that he has ordered one. The price of the car is set by each dealer. If the dealer wrote on the piece of paper that he will get the car for MSRP and that document is signed by the dealership then it is a legal and binding document. Each dealer sets their own prices, it has nothing to do with Ford.

Each dealer has the right to create a waiting list for people to ORDER. That doesn't mean they will get one depending on how Ford allocates the cars. Its still rumor that only SVT dealers will sell them and its still rumor that all dealers will get one. When I see something official from Ford thats when I'll believe it.

Admins, I don't mind the guy posting his crap, but when he can't even type legibly, I think its time to ban him until he can prove that he can.
Finally, someone who sees the glass as half full just like me. Thanks for posting that.

....and to that idiot who needn't be named, i'm done with you. You're nothing more than a troll.
Old 6/1/05, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by FiaCobra@June 1, 2005, 2:14 AM
...and just who is 05GT that you should take his word as God?

A lil' off topic but can i ask 2 things of you?
1. Your age and,
2. What Country do you live in?

27, and in the US

i was told this by our SVTOA sponser dealership, that the GM just got back from FLA and they told them a little about the shelby. this was at a ford sales conference, not a magizine thats guessing

this is what i was told

1. the MSRP that everyone is talking about isnt close, its going to be more inline price wise with the 00 R model

2. each dealer will probably get 1, possibly 2 of these cars

3. its going to be a 1 year production run, no more no less

4. expect the "cobra" to come back at 400 hp and $40k

5. there will be a shelby at the open track event in nashville, tn

6. since they would probably be getting one car, it will be sold at MSRP, but there wouldnt be a waiting list etc, the right to buy the car would be a blind draw.
Old 6/1/05, 08:42 PM
V6 Member

That totally contradicts what HTT has said. He said there would be around 7500 built per year and then went on to say that there would be enough built for whoever wants one.

I'm waiting until the fall to see what shakes out. The above sounds like a bunch of hooey.
Old 6/1/05, 09:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by O5GT@June 1, 2005, 8:35 PM
27, and in the US
i was told this by our SVTOA sponser dealership, that the GM just got back from FLA and they told them a little about the shelby. this was at a ford sales conference, not a magizine thats guessing
this is what i was told
1. the MSRP that everyone is talking about isnt close, its going to be more inline price wise with the 00 R model

2. each dealer will probably get 1, possibly 2 of these cars

3. its going to be a 1 year production run, no more no less

4. expect the "cobra" to come back at 400 hp and $40k

5. there will be a shelby at the open track event in nashville, tn

6. since they would probably be getting one car, it will be sold at MSRP, but there wouldnt be a waiting list etc, the right to buy the car would be a blind draw.

HTT himself was VERY CLEAR on all of this - 7500 units per year for two to three years, and/or as many as the market will demand within a specific time frame at a price that caps out at $40K.

I guess we're all just so desperate for news that we're turning heresay into news now.
Old 6/1/05, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

thats what my dealer told me, and thats from a ford marketing conference

i guess wait and see then.
Old 6/1/05, 11:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you stop and look at the economic viability of it, it wouldn't be a profitable venture for Ford (particularly right now) on a per unit basis to go through the design, engineering, testing and manufacturing phases in order to build a specialty Mustang of only 7000 units for a single year, UNLESS they planed to retool it into a different car the following year, which would dilute the exclusivity of the Shelby.

It doesn't make for a good business case, which - from that standpoint alone - makes your report highly suspect.

I don't doubt that you heard what you heard (or thought you heard), I just know that there are several "self-appointed" experts when it comes to the Shelby, and probably only a small handful at the top really know what's going on - and THEY already told us in March and April.

I would chalk this one up under the "Urban Legend" category.
Old 6/2/05, 01:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by O5GT@June 1, 2005, 8:35 PM
27, and in the US

05GT, that question wasn't directed at you, sorry for the confusion. I was simply stating to iceman why he shouldn't take someone's word on this board as gold and i wanted to know HIS age. Didn't mean to offend you however, and of course i don't like your info...lol

Only time will tell what the real deal is.
Old 6/2/05, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by FiaCobra@June 2, 2005, 2:01 AM
05GT, that question wasn't directed at you, sorry for the confusion. I was simply stating to iceman why he shouldn't take someone's word on this board as gold and i wanted to know HIS age. Didn't mean to offend you however, and of course i don't like your info...lol

Only time will tell what the real deal is.

i dont like my info either, i was really wanting one of these cars, but will pass at $55k plus market adjustment

im sure somone will come out with the bumpers, hood etc etc, and it will be easy to get the look, and REAL easy to top the power

my solution is a 04 cobra short block, bbr heads, and my procharger blower

there was a t56 from an 07 or whatever shelby on ebay, god knows how or where he got it, but it had the right shifter stuff on it and everyting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33733
Old 6/2/05, 09:30 AM
Bullitt Member

What 05 GT cant be true atleast about how many they are going to make they already told the public that they are going to make around 7,000 a year and that it will have 450-plus-hp if they went back on there word on any of those things you know how many pissed off customers there would be alot ford wouldnt be that dumb to do that.
Old 6/2/05, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

All ford is doing is trying to get people in a panic you know why to raise prices on the Shelby when it comes out and looks like it is working.
Old 6/2/05, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

i would just wait and see instead of believing all of the hype
Old 6/2/05, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah i know but how can people not get in a panic the shelby is one hot a** car.
Old 6/2/05, 10:02 PM
Bullitt Member

yes, but again its just a car.