Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

SUCCESS!! just got my 427r!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/07, 05:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stangette
The "427 R" denotes the HP rating of the car. The add a Roush Off Road Exhaust and modify the Tune to get the extra 12 hp above that of the Stage 3.

"slightly less in content" refers to the "pretties" of the car - the Options, if you will. Whereby the 427R has the same Performance of the Stage 3 and a lower price.
...and the very characteristic 05+ Roush exhaust, which is a shame. I think they should've left that on the 427 - they do replace the stock tips with rolled ones, though, don't they?
Old 1/31/07, 09:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by celticstanger
...and the very characteristic 05+ Roush exhaust, which is a shame. I think they should've left that on the 427 - they do replace the stock tips with rolled ones, though, don't they?
The way i know it from the Roush Rgional Rep., is the Roush Offroad Exhaust and tips, in accordance with the rear fascia that is on the car, is installed at the Dealership where the 427R is delivered. This is due to legalities regarding the emissions. If the stock GT fascia is on, they tend to leave the stock GT Tips.

My current 05 Roush has a different exhaust than that of the 427R and is made by Magnaflo for Roush. The Offroad Version, which i had on a previous 05, is a straight thru muff and made my Corsa or Borla for Roush.
Old 1/31/07, 11:17 PM
Cobra Member

The way i know it from the Roush Rgional Rep., is the Roush Offroad Exhaust and tips, in accordance with the rear fascia that is on the car, is installed at the Dealership where the 427R is delivered. This is due to legalities regarding the emissions. If the stock GT fascia is on, they tend to leave the stock GT Tips.

My current 05 Roush has a different exhaust than that of the 427R and is made by Magnaflo for Roush. The Offroad Version, which i had on a previous 05, is a straight thru muff and made my Corsa or Borla for Roush.

The mufflers are left off due to not meeting noise restrictions and are identical to my FRPP borlas (other than having ROUSH embossed on them )
Old 2/1/07, 11:12 AM
Bullitt Member

The 427's are round, with stock GT fascia, though, right?

Not like the non-427 behind
Attached Images  
Old 2/1/07, 06:40 PM
Cobra Member

The 427's are round, with stock GT fascia, though, right?

Not like the non-427 behind
Correct...427R does not have side skirts or rear fascia from the Stage 3.
Old 2/1/07, 07:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PACETTR
Correct...427R does not have side skirts or rear fascia from the Stage 3.
That's what I'd seen, over at Fnsweet. But, you never know whether that's gonna end up Roush's final approach - like how they were punting out Sports for a while, and how they dropped the "aero" bumper inserts (like on mine).
Old 2/1/07, 10:50 PM
Cobra Member

That's what I'd seen, over at Fnsweet. But, you never know whether that's gonna end up Roush's final approach - like how they were punting out Sports for a while, and how they dropped the "aero" bumper inserts (like on mine).
Yeah, I don't think they made too many of the "aero" insert bumpers...We only sold a couple before they changed it up.
Old 2/2/07, 11:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I don't think they made too many of the "aero" insert bumpers...We only sold a couple before they changed it up.
We used to call them "fork lift holes". Roush did not get good reception on them and decided partway through the production year to stop adding them.
Old 2/2/07, 05:05 PM
Cobra Member

We used to call them "fork lift holes".
Old 2/5/07, 12:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Shop Talk. Been around these things too long.

You might find this one funny too - A Dodge Charger R/T Rolled through the Ford Lot one night and i watched him from the Sales Tower - one of the Jrs. there asked what is that? I said it was the Charger with the Sticker Package.
Old 2/5/07, 12:26 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shop Talk. Been around these things too long.

You might find this one funny too - A Dodge Charger R/T Rolled through the Ford Lot one night and i watched him from the Sales Tower - one of the Jrs. there asked what is that? I said it was the Charger with the Sticker Package.

Yeah pretty much....
I was surpised to learn how much HP the RTs actually had for being such a boat
Old 2/5/07, 12:52 PM
Cobra R Member

i love that shifter
Old 2/6/07, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
i love that shifter

I like the tall Handle and Roush beam in mine and it seems to make it easier to drive with the shifter being easier for me to reach. I am so short, i have to put the seat all the way forward to reach the pedals.
Old 2/9/07, 12:13 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Hey Linda:

Is the dark IUP available to Roush Performance? Does the fact that Roush orders the Deluxe Mustang rather than the Premium affect it?
Old 2/9/07, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Hey Linda:

Is the dark IUP available to Roush Performance? Does the fact that Roush orders the Deluxe Mustang rather than the Premium affect it?
Roush sometimes converts cars that are ordered from the Factory by the Client and subsequently shipped to them. These cars can be loaded out and / or have the Interior Accent Package.

Yes, there may be some Roushes with the IUP and you are right, the Roush standard is to convert the Deluxe cars;- having no IUP. The reasoning is, they want to install their Seats, Carbon Fiber, etc. and not have to remove the factory additions.
Old 2/9/07, 05:09 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
I've been itching for a Stage 3 However, there are three items holding me back for the best aftermarket Mustang:
1) the snow plow like front bumper
2) the carbon fiber crap or the plain dash as an alternative
3) the side window louvers

If instead the front bumper would have a more conservative design such as the 380R, dark IUP, and smaller louvers I would be all over it.
Old 2/10/07, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
I've been itching for a Stage 3 However, there are three items holding me back for the best aftermarket Mustang:
1) the snow plow like front bumper
2) the carbon fiber crap or the plain dash as an alternative
3) the side window louvers

If instead the front bumper would have a more conservative design such as the 380R, dark IUP, and smaller louvers I would be all over it.
Get a Roush w/o the Carbon Fiber - some are available.

Some come w/o louvers as these are an Option and especially if you order, the items you do not want on the car can be made so.

As for the front clip;- One can have a clip of your choice installed (extra money of course, but not that much more in consideration towards what you might already be paying and your desires would be granted).

Not the first time we sold a Roush at our shop with customization and upon neog. for the purchase, you can get a better deal on the customization a lot of the time.

If time comes to upgrade my own Roush, i would be all over a 427R too.