Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

SUCCESS!! just got my 427r!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/17/06, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats soooo sick. Yeah we need pics of that pretty booty, I love the Roush exhaust.
Old 12/17/06, 08:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I am loving those seats. . I have a question for ya. Does your car not have the IUP in it?
Sorry - not sure what is the IUP... newbie to the Mustang experience..

Mark
Old 12/19/06, 10:16 AM
GT Member

Cool

IUP - interior upgrade package, unless it's changed

Congrats on the purchase.
Good choice in colors ...
Old 12/19/06, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

That is the nicest Roush in the stable. All the others are overdone IMHO. Congrats, very nice ride!!!
Old 12/19/06, 01:12 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by ultimix
VISTA BLUE!! I just order the louvers from Roush to finish my off my package... Hopefully it wont take too long to get.. maybe Santa will bring them to moi..

Mark
Great color!

You might like to look at other Roush Mustangs with the side window louvers. All which I have seen have a gap on the lower side closest to the window, once they are on. I don't know if it is a defect or if it's designed like that for a purpose.
Old 12/19/06, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice ride Mark, saw one of the first ones out the door (and it was actually parked outside their front doors) when I was at Roush this past summer. Your color actually. It caught mine and everyone else's eye.

Anyways, your question about Sirius. Don't bother with getting a portable unit unless you can build it in to the Shaker. I've had (portable) Sirius for just over a year in my Volvo and upgraded to a new Starmate 3 unit this year - using the FM modulator. The sound in the Volvo (it's got a 14 speaker Alpine system) is fantastic, even using the modulator function. So I thought I'd buy another car kit and wire up the Mustang. Waste of time IMO. An FM modulated Sirius head unit + a Shaker 500 = crappy sound, almost like AM radio. So whatever you do, get your Sirius built in.

Hope that helps, Mark
Old 12/19/06, 10:24 PM
Cobra Member

holy cow!! LOOKS SICK!! congrats!!!

looks so amazing!!! congrats!!

Old 12/19/06, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

It does not have the IUP, it does have the Dealer Ornamentation package. No my color guages either.
Old 12/20/06, 05:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by The Reverend
It does not have the IUP, it does have the Dealer Ornamentation package. No my color guages either.
yea the interior is pretty plane.. but hey - its a race car....I am really enjoying it!!!

The One thing I dont like about it is on the vinyl there is spot that can not come out - Looks like it is in the vinyl itself - I have tried everything... My dealer has not returned my calls on it either and they are 2 1/2 hours away etc.. so I called Roush and they are going to try and work with me.

I will keep you posted.

Mark
Old 12/20/06, 05:46 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Great color!

You might like to look at other Roush Mustangs with the side window louvers. All which I have seen have a gap on the lower side closest to the window, once they are on. I don't know if it is a defect or if it's designed like that for a purpose.
Do you have any photos with what you are talking about??? - my louvers come in tomorrow - Roush shipped them out in 24 hours.. talk about great service.
Old 12/30/06, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just took owner ship of my new 427r Roush Mustang and I must say - I love it!! Got a great price and got the color I wanted....

The only thing it didn't have was the rear rouvers which I just order from Roush!!

Picture to follow -

Question for the roush owners.. has anyone added Sirius to there shaker 500 system - the Dealership said that it cant be done that that calls for a special shaker 500 - any truth to that..

Also - a funny question for a sales person - why did you just get a shelby...hmmm let me think....

All Smiles Tonight!!

Mark
Congrats on the 427R She's beautiful! The Louvers will be a sweet addition.

I have never heard of such a thing as a special SKR500 for the Sirius Radio. My GT500 has the SKR500 and the Satellite radio Factory and all it shows is the Radio Wiring and linked it to the AUX. Button on the existing stereo.

My Roush has a SKR1000 and upon asking, is all they need to do is run a set of wiring to it as well.
Old 12/30/06, 05:25 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Do you have any photos with what you are talking about??? - my louvers come in tomorrow - Roush shipped them out in 24 hours.. talk about great service.
No I don't. My reference was to its fitting which seems to have a gap on the lower corner closest to the door.
Old 12/30/06, 05:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome car. I actually don't like all that carbon glued on crap. Nice choice
Old 12/31/06, 07:06 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's not just sweet - its SUPER sweet!

(and no carbon fiber dash - yaaaay!!!!)
Old 1/1/07, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Mark, where do you live? I was parked next to 427R that looks exactly like your car at a McDonalds. I couldn't believe how plain my car looked next to it. Talk about envy. LOL
Old 1/1/07, 08:54 PM

Are the Roush cars built by dealers?

Excuse my ignorance guys but I'm trying to learn as quickly as I can about the Roush and Saleen products. Several of the Roush 427R vehicles on Ebay are "Buy it Now" at $47,xxx. and change which according to the Roush window stickers is MSRP. When you visit the Roush website the 427 package can be purchased for $15,000.

So are the Roush cars built at a Roush facility by their techs or are these kits being installed by dealers and then sold as Roush cars?

It appears that all the Saleens are built at their plant and shipped to dealers as a turn key car.

The 427R seems much cheaper than the Saleen supercharged S281.
Old 1/1/07, 09:39 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by GOFISCH
Mark, where do you live? I was parked next to 427R that looks exactly like your car at a McDonalds. I couldn't believe how plain my car looked next to it. Talk about envy. LOL

That was me.. I live in High Point..

thanks for the compliment!!

Mark
Old 1/1/07, 09:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
That's not just sweet - its SUPER sweet!

(and no carbon fiber dash - yaaaay!!!!)
I was lucky that the car didnt have the carbon fiber on it. It just aint my thing.. I did add the louvers - LOVE THEM!!
Old 1/2/07, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 00Vert54X
Excuse my ignorance guys but I'm trying to learn as quickly as I can about the Roush and Saleen products. Several of the Roush 427R vehicles on Ebay are "Buy it Now" at $47,xxx. and change which according to the Roush window stickers is MSRP. When you visit the Roush website the 427 package can be purchased for $15,000.

So are the Roush cars built at a Roush facility by their techs or are these kits being installed by dealers and then sold as Roush cars?

It appears that all the Saleens are built at their plant and shipped to dealers as a turn key car.

The 427R seems much cheaper than the Saleen supercharged S281.
The Roushes are built and serialized at their Facitity in Livonia MI and shipped to the Dealers - prior to Title.

Base 427R Package is 15K - it is the Options that make it Greater. The price of the Base Vehicle, prior to Roush's work, also affects the final MSRP price.

on www.roushperf.com site under "Roush Vehicles" they detail the Core Components of the 427R and the Options for it seperately. In most cases, the pricing and a photo of the Component are present as well.
Old 1/2/07, 11:04 AM

Thanks Stangette, that is the info I was hoping to hear. I love the way the 427R looks. Now my quest begins to order one.

The Roush website shows the nearest dealer as being a 2 hour drive so I might have to do much of the planning of options, etc. long distance.

Again, thanks!
David

Quick Reply: SUCCESS!! just got my 427r!!