Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Small Saleen Tidbits

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/04, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they showed the saleen in santa margarita ford last night in socal. just a couple of small things i noticed.

The rear blackout that is over the brake lights is very easily removable. it looks like it just snaps on or something. i just know some people didn't like it (including me) so i though i would mention it. the middle piece that isn't covering any of the lights looks great though.

also, the cover for the rear quarter windows is not just laid on the glass. you have to pop out the old window and replace the whole thing because it is shorter glass.

the hood and grill are much nicer than they look in the pictures. the angles of the hood are beutiful.

This was the silver one (the same color as the show gt, shelby, and mustang gt) and they said they are offering it as a special color this year called trilogy grey. He did mention that it would be an option and would be more expensive that the other colors. not sure why though.

Steve sallen cancelled at the last second but the guys they did have there were pretty knowledgeble. I spent alot of time looking at it so if anyone has any question noone else has answered i might have some info.

As a side note. they had a saleen focus there that had nitrous from the factory. this is the first time i had seen it and was kinda pissed it isn't offered for the mustang. they had a 75 shot in it with a ten pound bottle, all still warrentied from saleen.
Old 12/15/04, 12:08 AM
Bullitt Member

nice info.... ttt
Old 12/15/04, 05:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yes. Well appreciated info. Thanks.