Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Shelby spercharger ?

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/05, 11:33 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by hayburner+May 7, 2005, 9:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hayburner @ May 7, 2005, 9:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by S197Cobra@May 7, 2005, 7:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hayburner
@May 6, 2005, 8:22 AM
Geez...It's a "pump",it's "positive displacement",itsa, itsa ..supercharger already!!
They cost $5000 give or take, make your car go faster and come from different manufacturers in different designs with different results. If ya tweak them up too high they will fry your engine. This is all good info.The one comment I found really odd was that they don't "produce boost". So, according to that guy,maybe the mere presence of said"pump" hypnotizes your engine to make more power :scratch: I think we have beat this one to death and made Dave leave in self-righteous indignation. He left to go find a peer group he feels is more multi-syllabic...I'm happy here with the gearheads.
Sorry to offend you, but I did not leave in "self-righteous indignation". It's just that I generally don't spend all that much time surfing the forums, and I'm only willing to spend a limited amount of time educating you. I thought I'd come back over to Brad's to see if any new useful information was posted about the GT500, and I'm surprised to see that this thread is still alive. Hehe...

Anyhow... you want to know why a supercharger doesn't produce boost? Easy -- boost is not produced, it is a measurement. A supercharger forces more air into the motor, easy as that. There are many modifications you can make to a boosted motor, in fact, that will increase horsepower while reducing boost.

And with that, I'm off again to other places, I have no more time tonight to spend on this (as much fun as it is to Argue On The Internet, I feel the call of the track this evening...). But I'll be back sometime in the next few days no doubt, perhaps the thread will still be going strong .

Later,
Dave
Welcome back Dave.....So boost is not produced, it is measured...sure.[/b][/quote] Hahahaha... few people have made me laugh recently as much as you. Thanks!!

IS the track is calling you? What does the asphalt say, Dave?
It says 118 mph in the 1/4 mile .

I wait with eager anticipation more of your edifying
physics lessons.
Sorry, class is out. You'll have to wait until you get to college.

Later,
Dave
Old 5/9/05, 10:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Later,
Dave
[/quote]
Welcome back Dave.....So boost is not produced, it is measured...sure.[/quote] Hahahaha... few people have made me laugh recently as much as you. Thanks!!

IS the track is calling you? What does the asphalt say, Dave?
It says 118 mph in the 1/4 mile .

I wait with eager anticipation more of your edifying
physics lessons.
Sorry, class is out. You'll have to wait until you get to college.

Later,
Dave
[/quote]
Dave, Most of the stuff you've said has not been backed up with any data.You are walking proof that a person does not have to know anything to have an opinion.
Then you usually pull the condescending act instead of any kind of factual response .Whatever ,dude...you can have the last word.

P.S... Get to college? I left 24 years ago with a Masters .Just one more of your failed assumptions.