Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Saleen, Steeda, Roush questions

Search this Thread

Old 4/24/04, 08:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Forgive me if this thread already exists. I am using dial up at home and it would take me a long time to go through all the old threads to check.

Anyway...

Do you guys think we will see what Saleen, Steeda, or Roush do to the new stang soon? Do you guys thing they would offer a V6 version soon after the stang becomes available or will they wait till they get their hands on GTs?
Old 4/24/04, 09:14 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jack Roush has already said they will not be building any cars, only offering stage kits instead. Sounds like they're not making money.
Old 4/24/04, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I've emailed Saleen twice just asking that question and they don't bother to reply. (I have such clout!)

The GT and the base V6 are both coming out at the same time so companies like these would be able to get access to either one.

BTW: Congrats on your upcoming wedding, Lord C. Your bride-to-be does know she's going to be sharing her husband with a new pony car, right?

Just a suggestion: Put DSL or Cable Internet Service onto your gift registry!

c:
Old 4/24/04, 06:49 PM
GT Member

I talked to two different Saleen reps from California at Nashville and both told me Saleen will be doing a version of the new Mustang. Furthermore, at least one of them indicated the car would be out about the same time as the new Mustang from Ford. I found this latter response almost impossible to believe and dismissed the comment.

Later, in a question and anwser period with Team Mustang, I told them what I was told by the Saleen reps about the introduction of their version of the new Mustang. Team Mustang essentially indicated that the Saleen reps likely had bad information.

Based on the above, I definitely believe Saleen wil be doing a version of the new Mustang, particularly since there will be no Mustang variants from Ford before the mid-year introduction in 2006 of the 2007 Cobra. The Saleen scenario might play out as follows:

(1) Pictures, sketches or whatever are released by Saleen some time in August.

(2) Saleen cars hit the dealerships may be in December of this year, but most likely January of next year.
Old 4/24/04, 07:05 PM
GT Member

I can see a Saleen mustang coming out within a reasonable amount of time after the gt goes on sale. They have had one to work on. And they build the gt-r.
Old 4/24/04, 07:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Nazgul@Apr. 24th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I've emailed Saleen twice just asking that question and they don't bother to reply. (I have such clout!)

c:
Sounds like our service writers trying to process a claim on one
Old 4/24/04, 11:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Nazgul@Apr. 24th, 2004, 10:58 AM
BTW: Congrats on your upcoming wedding, Lord C. Your bride-to-be does know she's going to be sharing her husband with a new pony car, right?

Just a suggestion: Put DSL or Cable Internet Service onto your gift registry!

c:

Thank you. She knows, she is a sports car fan herlself. She would eventualy like to have a convertible Corvette. We will get roadrunner in our new place B)