Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Saleen Owners - Any problems with the Watts Link?

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/08, 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saleen Owners - Any problems with the Watts Link?

The Saleen Watts link setup really intrigues me. I'm thinking about adding it to my Bullitt. Any durability issues?
Old 7/19/08, 12:16 PM
Cobra Member

only had my car about six months, but no issues so far.
Old 7/21/08, 06:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did see a TSB about the Watts Link on the SOEC website forums. The said that the watts link can cause unibody frame problems during extreme cornering. The stress load is too much for won of the mounting points at the frame. There is an add on brace that is supposed to fix the issue. If you don't push the car too hard no problems will arise but id you do push the car make sure that you get the extra pieces.
Old 7/21/08, 09:31 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
My 07 Heritage had what you might call an "inbetween" version, sort of a 1.5 Watts Link,
which has finally been upgraded to a full 2.0 version with the addition of the extra brace.
(It already had the newer centercover mount & bolt when deliveried.)

Never had any problem with it in either variation. It's the best handling/riding Saleen I've owned-- this is my third one.
Old 7/21/08, 10:02 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
I did see a TSB about the Watts Link on the SOEC website forums. The said that the watts link can cause unibody frame problems during extreme cornering. The stress load is too much for won of the mounting points at the frame. There is an add on brace that is supposed to fix the issue. If you don't push the car too hard no problems will arise but id you do push the car make sure that you get the extra pieces.

I believe these issues have all been taken care of.

We have the Watts Links in stock and ready to ship. Give me a call if I can be of any help.

Page
Old 7/21/08, 12:38 PM
Banned

Hi Page,
does the Watts Link that you sell include the extra braces that resolve the problem from the TSB. I am in the market for a Watts Link and also have you heard that their will be a Saleen ShakerCharger that will work with the SALEEN Hood?
Old 7/21/08, 01:13 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Hi Page,
does the Watts Link that you sell include the extra braces that resolve the problem from the TSB. I am in the market for a Watts Link and also have you heard that their will be a Saleen ShakerCharger that will work with the SALEEN Hood?
Hey there,

We JUST received this Watts Links in - I was told these are the post TSB links.

As for the ShakerCharger - that I havent heard yet. I have a thready saved re: the ShakerCharger - as SOON as I know what the status of that is I will most certinaly post something there. Dont know what the holdup is on the ShakerCharger - have asked a few hundred times
Old 7/21/08, 06:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
No problems with mine, and I push mine hard! here's a few pics of the post recall watts link

Old 7/21/08, 06:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Page,
for the shakercharger you either have to use the pj/heritage hood or use a stock hood and cut the hole. it will not work with the s/c hood. here's the speedlab car with the shakercharger earlier this year at stillen

Old 7/22/08, 07:27 AM
Banned

I talked with Jared at Saleen and he said that the Shaker Charger will be released in August and that one will only work with the Stock hood or the PJS hood. He did say that a version that can be used with the Saleen hood will come out a few months later around October or November. The Saleen hood is taller in the middle than the stock and PJS hood and will need shaker snorkle that is taller. The rising cowl gives the car a more aggressive look so I can wait a couple more months for the mod.
Old 7/25/08, 07:10 PM

Does this Watts link package help with launching too? From what I've read, an aftermarket UCA and an aftermarket set of LCAs (incl. w/ Saleen Watts, right?) solve the S197 wheel hop issue for the most part?

I'd like to keep w/ Saleen parts if at all possible, but they don't seem to offer much in the way of add-ons.
Old 8/3/08, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by ultamax
Does this Watts link package help with launching too? From what I've read, an aftermarket UCA and an aftermarket set of LCAs (incl. w/ Saleen Watts, right?) solve the S197 wheel hop issue for the most part?

I'd like to keep w/ Saleen parts if at all possible, but they don't seem to offer much in the way of add-ons.
I used the Saleen watts link with Ford Racing springs no wheel hop. The rear just drops and there you go.
Old 8/4/08, 09:23 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Hi Page,
I am in the market for a Watts Link and also have you heard that their will be a Saleen ShakerCharger that will work with the SALEEN Hood?
Hey there,

Am being told there will be a version of the ShakerCharger for the Saleen hood - hopefully soon after initial shipments.

Page
Old 8/6/08, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by 07 grabber
I used the Saleen watts link with Ford Racing springs no wheel hop. The rear just drops and there you go.
I was hoping it would finish the suspension on my S281. Sounds like it does the trick - thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by ultamax; 8/6/08 at 02:28 AM.