Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Question about Saleen Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/07, 11:16 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay enough bickering here I want to bottom of this so I am going to do it using my own numbers. Let me use my car as an example here I paid $47,029 for my car with tax, tag and title in October 2005 for a 2006 S281 SC. If you must know the options I have (Shaker 500, Chrome wheel upgrade and HIDS) The MSRP on the window sticker is $55,511. I know the dealership I ordered the car had an MSRP price on the GT of $27,950, excluding tax tag and title. So if I minus out the tax, tag, and title we bascially talking somewhere in the range of $16,000 above the MSRP of a Mustang GT is what I paid. Now since I did not pay MSRP for my Saleen, I will assume that most do not pay MSRP for Mustang GT either. I would think with incentives and dealer negotiation we are talking about most buyers obtaining a GT for about $25,000. With this scenario the price of upgrading to a Saleen S281 SC would be about $19,000 over MSRP of a Mustang Gt. So let me add up my numbers now
For me:
Build my own Clone: 25,000 + 2,000 (Tax,tag,title,fees)+15,000 = $42,000
Own the real thing: $47,029 (3 Year warranty + Serialized car)

Net savings = $5,029 for me. Okay that is probably the drop in value as soon as I drive off of the lot for either car. Oh yeah I am not the most skilled mechanic so I have factored in cost of someone else to install and paint all my upgrades thats why I used 15,000. For me buying the real thing works out to be a better deal, maybe not for everyone but for me. By the way MustangLurkers your clone looks nice, you did a nice job on it but do you have the Saleen interior installed? Most of the clones I have seen to date do not have the Saleen seats or gauges.
Old 3/11/07, 12:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yours Is More Reasonable

Originally Posted by NiteHawk422
Okay enough bickering here I want to bottom of this so I am going to do it using my own numbers. Let me use my car as an example here I paid $47,029 for my car with tax, tag and title in October 2005 for a 2006 S281 SC. If you must know the options I have (Shaker 500, Chrome wheel upgrade and HIDS) The MSRP on the window sticker is $55,511. I know the dealership I ordered the car had an MSRP price on the GT of $27,950, excluding tax tag and title. So if I minus out the tax, tag, and title we bascially talking somewhere in the range of $16,000 above the MSRP of a Mustang GT is what I paid. Now since I did not pay MSRP for my Saleen, I will assume that most do not pay MSRP for Mustang GT either. I would think with incentives and dealer negotiation we are talking about most buyers obtaining a GT for about $25,000. With this scenario the price of upgrading to a Saleen S281 SC would be about $19,000 over MSRP of a Mustang Gt. So let me add up my numbers now
For me:
Build my own Clone: 25,000 + 2,000 (Tax,tag,title,fees)+15,000 = $42,000
Own the real thing: $47,029 (3 Year warranty + Serialized car)

Net savings = $5,029 for me. Okay that is probably the drop in value as soon as I drive off of the lot for either car. Oh yeah I am not the most skilled mechanic so I have factored in cost of someone else to install and paint all my upgrades thats why I used 15,000. For me buying the real thing works out to be a better deal, maybe not for everyone but for me. By the way MustangLurkers your clone looks nice, you did a nice job on it but do you have the Saleen interior installed? Most of the clones I have seen to date do not have the Saleen seats or gauges.
Your story is a lot more reasonable than TP121s and Thanks for the compliments on my craftsmanship. I have cloned everything on the outside and the majority of the inside. I am still searching for the steering wheel decal and a blank engine bay identaplate. They do sell those from time to time. I even have the Saleen owners manual and warranty guide. Once I have the engine bay plate and Steering wheel decal the only way to know mine is not real is to call Saleen and bounce the vin numbers off of them.
Old 3/11/07, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
Your story is a lot more reasonable than TP121s and Thanks for the compliments on my craftsmanship. I have cloned everything on the outside and the majority of the inside. I am still searching for the steering wheel decal and a blank engine bay identaplate. They do sell those from time to time. I even have the Saleen owners manual and warranty guide. Once I have the engine bay plate and Steering wheel decal the only way to know mine is not real is to call Saleen and bounce the vin numbers off of them.

Why the urgent need to outfit your Saleen down to those details? Are you trying to pass it off to an unsuspecting buyer?

You may not like my stance, and that is OK. But the bottom line is you have sunk 14 grand into a Mustang GT, and you will never recover it. And, you may be ok with that..but don't act like you have a "deal" because you built it yourself. If you built it yourself, saved a ton of money and had a car that you could get all your money back out of...you'd have an argument, and earned respect from me. But to say I got ripped off because I bought a real Saleen is absurd. I will never lose 14 grand on my car, and I can be proud of the fact I don't have to scour eBay looking for junk tags from real Saleens to try and pass my car off as a real one. .

Your car may look like a Saleen, maybe even drive like one, but to a bank or dealer, or anyone who knows what a Saleen is, your car is a clone and will generate the subsequent dollars that a standard 2005 GT would. You will never be able to change that, and it makes me smile to know it.
Old 3/11/07, 06:09 PM
Banned

You Still don't get it

TP121 You still don't get it do you. The car is a hobby and I am not trying to pass it off as the real thing nor will I sell it. I even mentioned in the earlier post that I would never get my investment back out of the car it is just a hobby. I do have a deal because I have everything a Saleen has to offer and loss of my initial investment is a moot point since I am keeping the car and I have a lower initial investment to start with. And the bank does not recognize my car as a real Saleen but my insurance company does and gues what if some slime ball steals my car or it blows up I get the insurance payoff on a Saleen. Don't smile too soon because I am not selling the car. I really dont think that your car is a Saleen SC and I think that you are just upset that my Fakareen has more horsepower and is faster than the Saleen 3V you bought for 41K and you can buy on Ebay for less than 32K. No you haven't lost 14K yet but you have lost 9K and counting and that makes me smile

Originally Posted by TP121
Why the urgent need to outfit your Saleen down to those details? Are you trying to pass it off to an unsuspecting buyer?

You may not like my stance, and that is OK. But the bottom line is you have sunk 14 grand into a Mustang GT, and you will never recover it. And, you may be ok with that..but don't act like you have a "deal" because you built it yourself. If you built it yourself, saved a ton of money and had a car that you could get all your money back out of...you'd have an argument, and earned respect from me. But to say I got ripped off because I bought a real Saleen is absurd. I will never lose 14 grand on my car, and I can be proud of the fact I don't have to scour eBay looking for junk tags from real Saleens to try and pass my car off as a real one. .

Your car may look like a Saleen, maybe even drive like one, but to a bank or dealer, or anyone who knows what a Saleen is, your car is a clone and will generate the subsequent dollars that a standard 2005 GT would. You will never be able to change that, and it makes me smile to know it.
Old 3/11/07, 06:18 PM
Banned

You tend to appreciate fine work Nitehawk

Nitehawk you seem to appreciate fine work so I have posted some more detailed pics of my project. TP121 seems to think that I am going to pass of my car as the real deal but I am not. It is only a hobby. Some people like to spend hours using a metal detector to find junk others like to play scrabble. I like to shop on ebay for Saleen parts and build a clone replica of a very sweet car that in my opinion has a high mark up price. No harm in my opinions. You will see in the pictures I have submitted that I have taken the extra effort to do an accurate job. I even have the little Saleen tive valve stem caps! Talk about details TP121 I have included a picture of my supercharger so that you will know what one looks like since yours is only the 3v! I can get you a good deal for one on ebay and will give you lots of advice on how to put one in but that would turn you to the dark side of cloning since your car wasn't an origional S281 SC
Attached Thumbnails Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-053.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-054.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-057.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-058.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-059.jpg  

Old 3/11/07, 06:20 PM
Banned

Supercharger Pic

Here is the supercharger pic. I ran out of room on the other post.
Attached Thumbnails Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-066.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-061.jpg  
Old 3/11/07, 06:35 PM
Cobra Member

Mustang Lurkers, do you have the saleen 200mph speedometer?
Old 3/11/07, 06:53 PM
GT Member

Here is a picture of the 200mph Saleen Guage cluster
Attached Thumbnails Question about Saleen Mustangs-saleen-s281-sc-015a.jpg  
Old 3/11/07, 10:29 PM

TP121 You still don't get it do you. The car is a hobby and I am not trying to pass it off as the real thing nor will I sell it. I even mentioned in the earlier post that I would never get my investment back out of the car it is just a hobby. I do have a deal because I have everything a Saleen has to offer and loss of my initial investment is a moot point since I am keeping the car and I have a lower initial investment to start with. And the bank does not recognize my car as a real Saleen but my insurance company does and gues what if some slime ball steals my car or it blows up I get the insurance payoff on a Saleen. Don't smile too soon because I am not selling the car. I really dont think that your car is a Saleen SC and I think that you are just upset that my Fakareen has more horsepower and is faster than the Saleen 3V you bought for 41K and you can buy on Ebay for less than 32K. No you haven't lost 14K yet but you have lost 9K and counting and that makes me smile
You keep telling yourself you "haven't lost anything" by sinking a ton of money into a standard GT..it'll help you sleep better at night.

Smile all you want..I haven't lost anything. Not 9 grand, not 2 grand, not 500 dollars. And, I am not upset that a backyard mechanic dumped 14K into a GT to pass it off as a Saleen. I have the REAL THING..why would I be jealous? I obviously could afford an authentic Saleen, and you had to build your own by scrounging around on eBay.

BTW, I paid 41K for my car, and dealers are still getting 39K for regular Saleens with bare-bones options. My car is loaded with extra options and still has an AVG book of 44K, and with only 300 miles on the clock, that value will always stay high, as in high retail. You are pulling the 32K figure out of your azz for a new 06 Saleen, as your ebay link is an auction that hasn't even ended. Besides, if you are so SURE you can buy an NEW 06 for 32K, than you are an idiot too, simply because you could of bought one of those, put 4500 in a S/C and 800 in the hood, and you are still FAR BELOW the 41K you coughed out for your FAKE Saleen. And, even though a warranty doesn't matter, and factory resale doesn't matter..you get the suspension, stickers, and owners manuals included in that price!

I'm also sure it makes you proud to point out you went as far as buying valve stems and stickers off eBay to pass your car off as a real Saleen, but yet you cheap out and buy the painted rims instead of the chrome ones?

And, please blow your insurance story up someone else's butt. Yeah..I'm SURE an insurance company is going to insure your FAKE Saleen as a real Saleen, and payoff 41K on a car that has a black book value of less than 22K. Afterall, we ALL know insurance companies are in business to LOSE money.
A more likely story is that you have a "stated value" insurance policy, which you are paying dearly for, as it bases rates on a value YOU set for your car, and as such the premiums are adjusted accordingly.

And since I do paint and body, I'd take those mis-matched silver pieces off your car and have them resprayed not only to match, but also by someone who knows how to clearcoat. Its little "details" like that that show why you think you got a great "deal" by building your own Saleen.

:gay:

I'm done tit-for tatting with you on this topic. You have a FAKE SALEEN. All the stickers, all the valve stems, all the eBay Saleen junk you put on it doesn't change the fact you HAVE A CAR THATS WORTH AS MUCH AS A STANDARD GT. Spin it all you want. You have 41K in a car that is worth 22K at the most. Probably less than that because you didn't even have a PROFESSIONAL shop do the work. As-is, no warranty means NO RESALE value. Get it?

I didn't think so.

Good luck with that hobby.
Old 3/12/07, 03:13 AM
Banned

The anger in you is greater than I thought

I must really be getting under your skin to make you so angry. My insurance story is no lie and I posted pictures to prove it. I told my major insurance carrier the truth about my mods and had to send the pictures and receipts. Once that was done "bingo" instant Saleen insurance coverage. So easy that a caveman could do it right? Also take a look at what a dealer is begging to get for a Real Saleen on EBAY. It is listed at the bottom of my post. A 26K bid with one day to go and only a 31,950 buy it now price! It only has 6,000 miles on it. Dude you got juiced for at least 9k so far. It is a non-supercharged 3v just like yours. Where is your supercharger at? Right! Still on Ebay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...92857731QQrdZ1

Current bid:US $26,700.00 Place Bid >Reserve not met document.write ('Get low monthly payments');Get low monthly payments price: US $31,950.00Buy It Now >

You keep telling yourself you "haven't lost anything" by sinking a ton of money into a standard GT..it'll help you sleep better at night.

Smile all you want..I haven't lost anything. Not 9 grand, not 2 grand, not 500 dollars. And, I am not upset that a backyard mechanic dumped 14K into a GT to pass it off as a Saleen. I have the REAL THING..why would I be jealous? I obviously could afford an authentic Saleen, and you had to build your own by scrounging around on eBay.

BTW, I paid 41K for my car, and dealers are still getting 39K for regular Saleens with bare-bones options. My car is loaded with extra options and still has an AVG book of 44K, and with only 300 miles on the clock, that value will always stay high, as in high retail. You are pulling the 32K figure out of your azz for a new 06 Saleen, as your ebay link is an auction that hasn't even ended. Besides, if you are so SURE you can buy an NEW 06 for 32K, than you are an idiot too, simply because you could of bought one of those, put 4500 in a S/C and 800 in the hood, and you are still FAR BELOW the 41K you coughed out for your FAKE Saleen. And, even though a warranty doesn't matter, and factory resale doesn't matter..you get the suspension, stickers, and owners manuals included in that price!

I'm also sure it makes you proud to point out you went as far as buying valve stems and stickers off eBay to pass your car off as a real Saleen, but yet you cheap out and buy the painted rims instead of the chrome ones?

And, please blow your insurance story up someone else's butt. Yeah..I'm SURE an insurance company is going to insure your FAKE Saleen as a real Saleen, and payoff 41K on a car that has a black book value of less than 22K. Afterall, we ALL know insurance companies are in business to LOSE money.
A more likely story is that you have a "stated value" insurance policy, which you are paying dearly for, as it bases rates on a value YOU set for your car, and as such the premiums are adjusted accordingly.

And since I do paint and body, I'd take those mis-matched silver pieces off your car and have them resprayed not only to match, but also by someone who knows how to clearcoat. Its little "details" like that that show why you think you got a great "deal" by building your own Saleen.

:gay:

I'm done tit-for tatting with you on this topic. You have a FAKE SALEEN. All the stickers, all the valve stems, all the eBay Saleen junk you put on it doesn't change the fact you HAVE A CAR THATS WORTH AS MUCH AS A STANDARD GT. Spin it all you want. You have 41K in a car that is worth 22K at the most. Probably less than that because you didn't even have a PROFESSIONAL shop do the work. As-is, no warranty means NO RESALE value. Get it?

I didn't think so.

Good luck with that hobby.
Attached Thumbnails Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-069.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-070.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-071.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-072.jpg  
Old 3/12/07, 04:31 AM
Banned

TP121 May not like my car but the ones who count do!

TP121 you may not like my car and the non-chromed rims but I prefer having a supercharger instead (which you don't have by the way) Also the chrome wheels are heavier and detract from the overall performance. Why do you think Saleen went to the 5 spoke chromes in 07 which do not look as good? Chrome rims make a silver car looked washed out. Why do you think Saleen used the painted rims on a silver car in all of their advertising???? Amor All also used the Silver Saleen with the painted rims in their advertising! You must have poor taste in looks or can't combine color combos. You don't like my car or my paint job but my mustang lurkers in my avatar do and so do the judges at the national car shows! I have placed in several national "Mustang Specific" Car shows beating out real Roush, real Steeda and yes real Saleen cars. (See trophy pictures) Yes I spent 27k for a GT and 14K in parts to build my car for a total of 41K which is the same you paid for your Saleen 3V but I got the supercharger and the glass roof in the deal plus the other items pictured (GPS,NAV,DVD,upgraded front,rear,sub speakers and XM satelite radio). Keep beating your head against that wall about how I am wrong
Attached Thumbnails Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-073.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-074.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-075.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-055.jpg   Question about Saleen Mustangs-picture-076.jpg  

Old 3/12/07, 04:49 AM
Banned

TP121 Revisit The initial post

TP121 Make sure to revisit the initial thread on this post where road and track tested a Saleen 3V which was slower than a mustang GT. but cost 15K more. My car was faster as a GT and is a whole lot more faster supercharged! I'll state the numbers in Caveman for you.

Me gottem 475hp you gottem 330hp

Originally Posted by Fireball1
Road & Track tested the '05 Saleen S281 3-Valve and it was a tick slower than a base Mustang GT. Yet the Saleen costs about $15k more. Why do people buy this Saleen? Is it because of its unique appearance, exclusivity, prestige of ownership, factory warranty on the mods or other reasons?

I want to buy a new Mustang GT, but a Ford salesman wanted to sell me a leftover Saleen. I understand the bang-for-the-buck value of the Mustang GT, but I don't understand the reason for buying a Saleen S281. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 3/12/07, 08:01 AM

Oh, poor Mustanglurkers

Oh..trust me, you are far from getting under my skin. Its fun watching you take pictures of everything trying to justify WHY you feel like you got a great deal by dumping 14K into a regular GT.

Take a look at your Insurance papers, moron. It says "saleen", but it also has a GT VIN number. It says ACV. That means ACTUAL CASH VALUE. When you run your VIN number, it comes up as a STANDARD GT, and ACV which means you get BLACK BOOK value for your car. So guess what, Einstein...when you "blow up your car" as you pointed out...you get a measley sum of 18-20K, if you are LUCKY.

So..you are STILL OUT 20 grand, or more. Ins. companies aren't in the biz to LOSE MONEY. You can call your car a Ferrari if ya want...your value is determined by THE VIN NUMBER.

And..another thing...call Underground Mustang and ask them if they sold and installed a S/C AND the upgrade kit to a guy in NC with a Black 06 Saleen coupe.
Ask for Pete if it makes you feel better.

They are a Saleen-approved shop..which means I kept my warranty and Saleen designation.

They will also tell you its been tuned.

And, I didn't even have to go on eBay to get a deal. Hows 5200 flat for everything, including gauge pod, labor and supercharged badges?

See, I already had the big brake package, HID's, upgrade rims and Max-grip differential. Thats what I tried to tell ya..I bought my car for 11K off sticker. I haven't lost a nickle. I didn't buy a S/C version because I couldn't pass up the deal I was given on mine. Ask around, Mr Fakeit..getting 11K off a Saleen (or Roush) is unheard of. It was a great, great deal and I took it.

Take your 3rd place trophies and your cheesy insurance policy and flaunt them somewhere else. You are making a fool of yourself posting pictures of ACV insurance policies, pictures of mismatched body panels, and 5.00 trophies.

I am not impressed yet. But keep taking pictures and maybe I will get there.

Sad part is, I would have easily given you props for a decent job done on your car, until you attacked my AUTHENTIC purchase (trying to justify your outlay of cash) and also by ranting about how "clones rule". Your car is actually a decent job for a kit put together off ebay and assembled by a garage monkey.
Now, according to you I got ripped off because you THINK I only had 330 hp.. You just keep churning..and its OK, you make it easy to call you on your stuff by posting pictures and other laughable fiction. Ya know..stuff like Saleen is "a tuner car, and they aren't a manufacturer".
Keep digging on my car though, maybe you will come up with something that will stick.

In the end you remind me of a guy who sinks 15K into a V6 Mustang trying to make it a GT and then tries to justify to everyone why and how "he's saved money" by doing so.

Makes for good entertainment.
Old 3/12/07, 08:30 AM
Banned

Look at your Vin # Bub

Dude look at your vin number on your dashboard. That is the Vin number which is reported to the insurance company. That number has an F for the second position just like mine. Do you know what that letter stands for? (Ford) So now the real story is slowly coming out. You paid 41K for a 3V Saleen and put 4,200 for a supercharger, pod set, and supercharged badges bringing you to a grand total of 45,200! Remember that your Saleen authenticity badge in your engine bay says Saleen S-281 and not S-281SC when you had the supercharger installed and the saleen badges put on you did "CLONE" work. I knew I could sense that there was some cloner in you! Come to the clone side of the force it is your destiny TP121 Mu ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa!
Oh..trust me, you are far from getting under my skin. Its fun watching you take pictures of everything trying to justify WHY you feel like you got a great deal by dumping 14K into a regular GT.

Take a look at your Insurance papers, moron. It says "saleen", but it also has a GT VIN number. It says ACV. That means ACTUAL CASH VALUE. When you run your VIN number, it comes up as a STANDARD GT, and ACV which means you get BLACK BOOK value for your car. So guess what, Einstein...when you "blow up your car" as you pointed out...you get a measley sum of 18-20K, if you are LUCKY.

So..you are STILL OUT 20 grand, or more. Ins. companies aren't in the biz to LOSE MONEY. You can call your car a Ferrari if ya want...your value is determined by THE VIN NUMBER.

And..another thing...call Underground Mustang and ask them if they sold a S/C AND the upgrade kit to a guy in NC with a Black 06 Saleen coupe.
Ask for Pete if it makes you feel better.

They will also tell you its been tuned.

And, I didn't even have to go on eBay to get a deal. Hows 4200 flat for everything, including gauge pod and supercharged badges?

See, I already had the big brake package, HID's, upgrade rims and Max-grip differential. Thats what I tried to tell ya..I bought my car for 11K off sticker. I haven't lost a nickle. I didn't buy a S/C version because I couldn't pass up the deal I was given on mine. Ask around, Mr Fakeit..getting 11K off a Saleen (or Roush) is unheard of. It was a great, great deal and I took it.

Take your 3rd place trophies and your cheesy insurance policy and flaunt them somewhere else. You are making a fool of yourself posting pictures of ACV insurance policies, pictures of mismatched body panels, and 5.00 trophies.

I am not impressed yet. But keep taking pictures and maybe I will get there.

Sad part is, I would have easily given you props for a decent job done on your car, until you attacked my AUTHENTIC purchase (trying to justify your outlay of cash) and also by ranting about how "clones rule". Now, according to you I got ripped off because you THINK I only had 330 hp.. Keep digging, maybe you will come up with something that will stick.

In the end you remind me of a guy who sinks 15K into a V6 Mustang trying to make it a GT and then tries to justify to everyone why and how "he's saved money" by doing so.

Makes for good entertainment.
Old 3/12/07, 08:38 AM

Dude look at your vin number on your dashboard. That is the Vin number which is reported to the insurance company. That number has an F for the second position just like mine. Do you know what that letter stands for? (Ford) So now the real story is slowly coming out. You paid 41K for a 3V Saleen and put 4,200 for a supercharger, pod set, and supercharged badges bringing you to a grand total of 45,200! Remember that your Saleen authenticity badge in your engine bay says Saleen S-281 and not S-281SC when you had the supercharger installed and the saleen badges put on you did "CLONE" work. I knew I could sense that there was some cloner in you! Come to the clone side of the force it is your destiny TP121 Mu ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa!
I have a "stated value" policy. Look it up to see what it means. My insurance co. also required I had Saleens serial number photgraphed and a letter from Saleen showing its authenticity. Thats what you expect when you have real insurance for a true limited production car.

I also have the badge designating my car as a 281-SC, since the work was performed by a Saleen authorized shop.

Getting a Saleen badge is easy when you buy a REAL Saleen.

BTW..is that your parents cars above yours on your policy??
Old 3/12/07, 08:45 AM

And that real story should make you sob. I have 4K more in my car than you do..its a year newer..is a REAL Saleen..has a factory warranty, has chrome rims, max-grip, and HID's, a Saleen suspension, and best of all has a book value of over 58K.

If you put the suspension and chrome wheels on your car..you have the same amount in your car as I do.. and your car STILL has no warranty AND is a YEAR older to boot. And best of all...it has a book value of 22K. Where is the Saleen suspension, BTW? Run out of money..or is saving up for those stickers and badges causing a cash flow problem?

Give it up, Fakeboy..you are out of ammo.

Old 3/12/07, 08:57 AM
Banned

Cloner

TP121 You are Ok in my book! You have a Cloned S-281-SC from a S281-3V which makes you a cloner to me. You talked a good game but you have proved my point in just two of your posts. You boast that you only have 600 miles on your luscious ride so far. Driving so few miles on your car just how much of the warranty do you think you will leave on the table when it the years expire. Also I don't think that Saleen will honor your engine warranty with a Saleen installed and tuned by another company but I will call them to verifiy that one. So the warranty isn't that big of a deal to you in reality is it? Finally you are guilty of clonery when you swapped out those badges and had the SC installed! Nice S-281 SC clone job guy. I guess you will be needing a sharpie to fix your Saleen certificate that you hang on your wall! Don't worry the rest of us cloners will accept you!

And that real story should make you sob. I have 4K more in my car than you do..its a year newer..is a REAL Saleen..has a factory warranty, has chrome rims, max-grip, and HID's, a Saleen suspension, and best of all has a book value of over 58K.

If you put the suspension and chrome wheels on your car..you have the same amount in your car as I do.. and your car STILL has no warranty AND is a YEAR older to boot. And best of all...it has a book value of 22K. Where is the Saleen suspension, BTW? Run out of money..or is saving up for those stickers and badges causing a cash flow problem?

Give it up, Fakeboy..you are out of ammo.

Old 3/12/07, 09:16 AM

TP121 You are Ok in my book! You have a Cloned S-281-SC from a S281-3V which makes you a cloner to me. You talked a good game but you have proved my point in just two of your posts. You boast that you only have 600 miles on your luscious ride so far. Driving so few miles on your car just how much of the warranty do you think you will leave on the table when it the years expire. Also I don't think that Saleen will honor your engine warranty with a Saleen installed and tuned by another company but I will call them to verifiy that one. So the warranty isn't that big of a deal to you in reality is it? Finally you are guilty of clonery when you swapped out those badges and had the SC installed! Nice S-281 SC clone job guy. I guess you will be needing a sharpie to fix your Saleen certificate that you hang on your wall! Don't worry the rest of us cloners will accept you!

When in doubt, research it out!
Old 3/12/07, 09:17 AM

Hey... I DO like the nav system.

Old 3/12/07, 09:24 AM
Banned

Thanks for the compliment! I must say this debate has been fun! This is what I really like about the brad barnett website. You learn alot and some good bickering is actually very healthy. When it comes to owning a mustang you can take a million paths which will draw a million differnt opinions wich all are fun to argue. Even though there is a lot of in-fighting between us we all come together when it is time to beat the bow ties and the ricers. Happy hunting out there TP121! I'll keep you up to date on my clone work so we can continue to razz each other! I will add you to my friends list on here!

Hey... I DO like the nav system.

Quick Reply: Question about Saleen Mustangs