Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Question about Saleen Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/07, 04:29 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own a real Saleen and I bought mine in Oct of 05 for 47K which was 8K under the 55K MSRP, so deals can be had these cars if you look hard enough. My dealer was nice enough to eat the 1K gas guzzler charge as well. If you can build a clone for cheaper and still have the same performance you did great I see nothing wrong with it. The only difference if you made it an exact replica, is that is not an official serialized car, and I see nothing wrong with that aspect. Clone or real who knows if these cars will be worth money or not, if they are great ,if not I will enjoy the driving experience Saleen has provided. It's awesome on the road and unbelievable at the track, and the nice thing about a car show its usually a 1 of 1. Cheers!
Old 3/8/07, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TSBs are not affected by mods under the warranty

[quote=Burke0011;860715]
Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers

They are??? Why pay $800 to fix a TSB that the dealer would fix for free if you were under warranty?...

definitely not a 'joke'......
When you mod a car it does not void the entire car's warranty, only the item which was modified is in question. For example if I put a supercharger on my car but I have the TSB problem of the fuel tank not accepting fuel my warranty still covers it. Now lets say for example I put the Saleen Suspension on but prior to that I had the clunking noise from the front suspension because of the loose bushin hardware, well I wouldn't need the TSB now would I Lets use a little common sense in here. The 36,000 warranty is a joke when it comes to the car. There is no documentation of any engine or transmission failures due to supercharging the engine at a safe 4-6 psi of boost with the suggested tune. If you can find such a write up I would be definately interested in seeing it. I am putting down 475hp on an 05 mustang and currently have 22,000 miles on the car and it has never seen the dealership since I bought the car. Ford is so confident with the car that they moved up the warranty on the cars to 60,000 miles on the 06 and 07 models. Remember the odds are always in favor of the dealership when it comes to buying extended warranties.
Old 3/9/07, 09:10 AM

[quote=mustang_lurkers;861015]
Originally Posted by Burke0011

When you mod a car it does not void the entire car's warranty, only the item which was modified is in question. For example if I put a supercharger on my car but I have the TSB problem of the fuel tank not accepting fuel my warranty still covers it. Now lets say for example I put the Saleen Suspension on but prior to that I had the clunking noise from the front suspension because of the loose bushin hardware, well I wouldn't need the TSB now would I Lets use a little common sense in here. The 36,000 warranty is a joke when it comes to the car. There is no documentation of any engine or transmission failures due to supercharging the engine at a safe 4-6 psi of boost with the suggested tune. If you can find such a write up I would be definately interested in seeing it. I am putting down 475hp on an 05 mustang and currently have 22,000 miles on the car and it has never seen the dealership since I bought the car. Ford is so confident with the car that they moved up the warranty on the cars to 60,000 miles on the 06 and 07 models. Remember the odds are always in favor of the dealership when it comes to buying extended warranties.

Uhhhh...sure. You keep on believing that.

I would bet my bank account that if your engine fails, and you take it in to try and fix it under warranty, as soon as the tech pops your hood, and sees your S/C, he'll close your hood and start writing an estimate. Same thing for your fuel system, or really any part of your engine. The S/C puts more stress and strain on every part of your motor and related system, even if its running at 3 psi.

The service manager has the right to refuse warranty work on any part of your car that may be affected by a mod you perform.

I'll take a 36,000 mile warranty, even with the little pain in the azz it entails with it...any day of the week over not having one at all.
Old 3/9/07, 09:37 AM
Big Falken Tires

[quote=mustang_lurkers;861015]
Originally Posted by Burke0011
Ford is so confident with the car that they moved up the warranty on the cars to 60,000 miles on the 06 and 07 models.
Um that'd called COMPETING with GM, Toyota, Lexus, etc..... that's what that is.

You can debate the whole issue of mods all you want (Magnusson act). When it comes down to it, it depends on the DEALERSHIP itself, as your fate is in their hands - as some will honor exactly what you are talking about (ie - car is modded but mod has nothing to do with the probelm area so no issues). Others will notice anything but a stock car and instantly tell you 'warranty void'.

I think you are missing my point - I am simply addressing your 'warranty is a joke' comment - simple fact of the matter is, it isn't because a problem such as the cruise hesitation or the limited slip moan etc comes up and you go in and get it fixed - for free.

And as for the value of the Saleen serialzied cars, I think looking at the value NOW is just silly. All of the new Saleens out there are still pretty much 'new'....

Check on the S197s 15 years from now after some have been worn down, beat on, accidents, etc.... and find a mint one then and see what it could go for...
Old 3/9/07, 10:24 AM
Banned

You guys are killing me

You guys are killing me with these warranty issues
Has either of you seen even one posting of a saleen, roush, magnasun, whipple or ken bell supercharger damaging an engine at a modest boost of 6psi or below using premium fuel with a reasonable tune? If you can find even one posting on here that states that I will jump off of the warranty bus plus even in the rarest of cases I did blow my motor because of my supercharger I would pull the saleen unit and put back all of the stock parts before having the carcass towed in and play stupid
[quote=TP121;861383]

Uhhhh...sure. You keep on believing that.

I would bet my bank account that if your engine fails, and you take it in to try and fix it under warranty, as soon as the tech pops your hood, and sees your S/C, he'll close your hood and start writing an estimate. Same thing for your fuel system, or really any part of your engine. The S/C puts more stress and strain on every part of your motor and related system, even if its running at 3 psi.

The service manager has the right to refuse warranty work on any part of your car that may be affected by a mod you perform.

I'll take a 36,000 mile warranty, even with the little pain in the azz it entails with it...any day of the week over not having one at all.
Old 3/9/07, 10:43 AM

[quote=mustang_lurkers;861430]You guys are killing me with these warranty issues
Has either of you seen even one posting of a saleen, roush, magnasun, whipple or ken bell supercharger damaging an engine at a modest boost of 6psi or below using premium fuel with a reasonable tune? If you can find even one posting on here that states that I will jump off of the warranty bus plus even in the rarest of cases I did blow my motor because of my supercharger I would pull the saleen unit and put back all of the stock parts before having the carcass towed in and play stupid

Yeah..exactly. You wouldn't have to "pull off your S/C and put back all the original stuff" if your mod WOULDN'T VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

Geez.

And visit some Stang forums..there are some posts of engine failures running S/C's on GT's and even one or 2 Saleens. I would find the links, but I am tired and don't feel like it.
Old 3/9/07, 10:49 AM
Banned

My Response

Ok I did my homework for my response for you. You installed a Saleen supercharger on your car and you most likely did it befor your warranty was over so you must not really take the warranty to seriously. I will get off of the warranty bashing bus if either of you can post a thread off of this site where someone had a warranty issue because of their Saleen or roush supercharger at a modest boost lever. I took your advice and researched a value comparison of past Saleens vs the same year GT in the past. A 1990 Saleen's origional price was 35k and currently carries an average 9K NADA value which is a 71% depreciation in value. The same year Mustang GT had an origional price of 18K and now has an average NADA value of 4,200 which is a 76% depreciation in value. I really don't think that a 6 percent better valuation rate is worth the extra 17K it took to buy the car. History suggests that my theory is correct that the Saleen Mustang is going to be regarded as a major collectors item. Maybe if I had the money to get the S7 but if I had that kind of money I would have bought a Ford GT which will have a better long term value. Clones rule!

[quote=Burke0011;861395]

Um that'd called COMPETING with GM, Toyota, Lexus, etc..... that's what that is.

You can debate the whole issue of mods all you want (Magnusson act). When it comes down to it, it depends on the DEALERSHIP itself, as your fate is in their hands - as some will honor exactly what you are talking about (ie - car is modded but mod has nothing to do with the probelm area so no issues). Others will notice anything but a stock car and instantly tell you 'warranty void'.

I think you are missing my point - I am simply addressing your 'warranty is a joke' comment - simple fact of the matter is, it isn't because a problem such as the cruise hesitation or the limited slip moan etc comes up and you go in and get it fixed - for free.

And as for the value of the Saleen serialzied cars, I think looking at the value NOW is just silly. All of the new Saleens out there are still pretty much 'new'....

Check on the S197s 15 years from now after some have been worn down, beat on, accidents, etc.... and find a mint one then and see what it could go for...
Old 3/9/07, 12:04 PM
Big Falken Tires

Dude

A - calm down - you said NOTHING about your post being ENGINE SPECIFIC - you said in the post I was addressing that the warranty was a 'joke' - that's it. taken as a total concept, I thought that was silly. THAT'S what I was addressing.

B - obviously you didn't do you research well enough because my SC was installed BY SALEEN so gee, guess who is still in warranty??
Old 3/9/07, 12:20 PM
Banned

Have you found that post where a saleen supercharger has damaged an engine under reasonable boost yet?
Old 3/9/07, 01:20 PM
GT Member

Wow this thread has blown up since I last saw it. Warranty I think of it as a nice plus with a car. They have there pros (Free fixes) and drawbacks (dealer dependent) on both ends we can all agree there. A Saleen supercharger blowing up a stock motor? Yes possible at high levels of boost. Extensive testing shows that without forged internals the 3V engine is good to about 500 RWHP when supercharged. Using a SALEEN SC that would equate to about 8 to 10 PSI of boost so running 4 to 6 SHOULD keep you safe. Notice I place emphasis on SHOULD because if your tune or AF ratio runs lean to make HP you can burn any engine up Supercharged or NOT. Without the SC you can make about 340 to 350 before she SHOULD pop. As far as the warranty I weigh in on it if I mod before the warranty is up and something breaks. It's on my honor I will replace what FORD factory used with something better. Everything off FORDs Assembly line can be improved by a large margin with aftermarket parts. I think the warranty is a nice plus for now until it ends. Mod at your own risk but I have to agree with Mustang Lurkers, if you know what you are doing and you safely install mods you SHOULD NOT need your warranty again the emphasis on SHOULD. Either way everyone has made some good inputs on both sides of spectrum here.
Old 3/9/07, 02:17 PM

Can we see YOUR NADA book?

Lets look at a reasonable scenerio..2004 Mustang GT, NADA value with 15,000 miles and all options: Trade Value-16,700. Retail Value 19,300.

2004 Saleen Coupe, S281 (not S/C) 15,000 miles.

Trade is 29,700, retail is 34,300.

Quite a bit more difference than the 5K that you suggest.
Old 3/10/07, 12:46 PM
Banned

I'll Find It for You

Your quote is meaningless without the origional MSRP value to compare the depreciation amount. Of course the retail values will differ because of the large difference in origional cost I also see you still haven't found that post yet about saleen superchargers burning up or blowing motors under the 4-6 psi of boost. Obviously this is the first mustang you have owned and you just don't know better junior. I will find the origional values of the 2004 Saleens and give you an accurate depreciation value
Originally Posted by TP121

Lets look at a reasonable scenerio..2004 Mustang GT, NADA value with 15,000 miles and all options: Trade Value-16,700. Retail Value 19,300.

Old 3/10/07, 01:22 PM
Banned

I found it!

I see your example and raised it by comparing an average 2004 mustang GT against a 2004 Saleen SC. The Saleen SC's MSRP was $43,322 and now has an average retail value of $33,500 which is a 22.6% depreciation. The average mustang GT had an MSRP of $23,245 and now has an average retail value of 18,000 which is a 22.5% depreciation. You will note that the retail value I found was even less than yours and you are right the difference is more than the 5,000 dollars in the 1990 comparison. You are a genious since the Saleen in your example held its value an astounding 00.1 percent better As an added note the 2005 Saleen SC had an origional MSRP of 46,134 and now has an average retail value of 40,300 which is a 12.6% depreciation. I built my saleen clone and even put the glass roof in for less including the original cost of my GT. Don't you realize how much people got milked by buying a real Saleen? I can tell you exactly how much and it is 20,000 dollars. I added up all the parts cost that it took me to build my clone vs buying a real saleen and it was 14K but still 20k less than buying a Saleen SC with a glass roof for a total cost of 41K (My 27K GT and 14K in Saleen Parts vs a Saleen SC with Glass Roof 62K). Now of course I did most of the labor but even if I paid for labor I would have saved money. Is a paper certificate and a dash plaque in your car worth 20K? A 00.1 percent better depreciation rate doesn't support that theory to me! Don't be too mad we all get milked and or juiced sometimes. If you don't beleive my original Mustang GT numbers it is listed below. You know how to get to nada.com

The Mustang GT coupe ($23,245) and Mustang GT convertible ($27,585) come with a 4.6-liter V8 with single overhead cams and two-valves per cylinder rated at 260 hp at 5250 rpm and 302 lbs.-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm. To manage all that power, GT models are equipped with gas-pressure shocks with unique model calibrations, P245/45R17 performance tires on 17-inch alloy painted wheels, a Traction Loc rear axle, ABS and traction control. GTs come with sport bucket seats and fog lamps. The V8 mates with a Tremec five-speed manual gearbox with a tall fifth gear for improved fuel economy. A four-speed automatic ($815) is optional. Optional audio systems include the MACH 460 ($550) with in-dash 6-CD changer and the MACH 1000 ($1,295).
As I said before clones rule and real Saleen buyers are fools!

Old 3/10/07, 08:57 PM

I see your example and raised it by comparing an average 2004 mustang GT against a 2004 Saleen SC. The Saleen SC's MSRP was $43,322 and now has an average retail value of $33,500 which is a 22.6% depreciation. The average mustang GT had an MSRP of $23,245 and now has an average retail value of 18,000 which is a 22.5% depreciation. You will note that the retail value I found was even less than yours and you are right the difference is more than the 5,000 dollars in the 1990 comparison. You are a genious since the Saleen in your example held its value an astounding 00.1 percent better As an added note the 2005 Saleen SC had an origional MSRP of 46,134 and now has an average retail value of 40,300 which is a 12.6% depreciation. I built my saleen clone and even put the glass roof in for less including the original cost of my GT. Don't you realize how much people got milked by buying a real Saleen? I can tell you exactly how much and it is 20,000 dollars. I added up all the parts cost that it took me to build my clone vs buying a real saleen and it was 14K but still 20k less than buying a Saleen SC with a glass roof for a total cost of 41K (My 27K GT and 14K in Saleen Parts vs a Saleen SC with Glass Roof 62K). Now of course I did most of the labor but even if I paid for labor I would have saved money. Is a paper certificate and a dash plaque in your car worth 20K? A 00.1 percent better depreciation rate doesn't support that theory to me! Don't be too mad we all get milked and or juiced sometimes. If you don't beleive my original Mustang GT numbers it is listed below. You know how to get to nada.com

The Mustang GT coupe ($23,245) and Mustang GT convertible ($27,585) come with a 4.6-liter V8 with single overhead cams and two-valves per cylinder rated at 260 hp at 5250 rpm and 302 lbs.-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm. To manage all that power, GT models are equipped with gas-pressure shocks with unique model calibrations, P245/45R17 performance tires on 17-inch alloy painted wheels, a Traction Loc rear axle, ABS and traction control. GTs come with sport bucket seats and fog lamps. The V8 mates with a Tremec five-speed manual gearbox with a tall fifth gear for improved fuel economy. A four-speed automatic ($815) is optional. Optional audio systems include the MACH 460 ($550) with in-dash 6-CD changer and the MACH 1000 ($1,295).
As I said before clones rule and real Saleen buyers are fools!

Yeah...why don't you just cherry-pick your numbers?

Lets remember a GT mustang usually is driven daily, and a car like a Saleen is not- they are mostly sought by collectors, or people who show them and drive them during weekends/cruises, etc.

Don't know where you go your numbers, but the avg MSRP on a GT was 24,845. (just in case http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Overvie...4-Mustang.html ) MSRP on the Saleen was 43,322.

Now, the only way you get 18000 high retail for the GT is by plugging in less than 30,000 miles- which is doubtful for a 3 year old GT. Go above 30k miles, and its a whole different story. Suddenly, the value drops to 17375. I will give the benefit of the doubt though. So we will say you have a 2004 GT with less than 30K miles on it. So, you have to assume I have a Saleen with less than average miles on it, right?

In that case, the Saleens value jumps to 40,600 for retail value. Average retail is just that..value for a car in average condition. We can only assume the Saleen is above avg if the GT is being classified as such.

So lets look at those numbers again. The Saleen MSRP'ed for 43,322. Retail for a low miles 04 is 40,600. Heck, we will even roll up the miles a little and get a retail of 38,000. Thats a depreciation of 12%.

Now- look at those GT numbers again. Using the original MSRP for the GT, and the low mileage scenerio..we get a high retail of 18,325. Thats a depreciation of 26%. Even if I use your NADA "review" number, you still get a 21% depreciation...almost twice that of the Saleen. Now who's the genius?

We'll do even better. Tell ya what..since there are so many variables in mileage and condition when evaluating cars..lets do this. You put your "home built Saleen clone" on eBay (where you of course tell everyone that you built it yourself ) and I'll put my factory Saleen on there..and we'll see who loses the most money in the end.

I mean, I'm sure a guy who installed his own S/C, hacked up his roof, got a backyard paintjob on his body panels and installed his Saleen parts in his garage SURELY would have guys bidding 41K for a semi-fake Saleen with a warranty...ummm..well a shot at warranty work if they spend 8 hours pulling the non-factory parts before dragging it to the dealership ... ...right?
Old 3/11/07, 07:16 AM
Banned

You are just angry

There is no need to be angry. I think that you are just angry because you got milked for the extra 20,000 dollars. Just remember that your precious Saleen was born on the same assembly line as my mustang GT and had its body kit painted by a human and yes if that Saleen has a glass roof it was hacked open by a human to have it installed. You must remember that a Saleen is a tuner and altough they claim to be a factory builder they are not in the case of the Saleen Mustang. A Saleen S7 is an authentic car and the S281s are not. When all Saleen parts are skillfully installed on to a mustang GT what is the difference. I will tell you. A savings of 20,000. You just keep dreaming about how much your car will be worth in 10 years compared to what you paid for it! Also I included a picture in which I think my backyard paint job matches pretty good!

Lets remember a GT mustang usually is driven daily, and a car like a Saleen is not- they are mostly sought by collectors, or people who show them and drive them during weekends/cruises, etc.

Don't know where you go your numbers, but the avg MSRP on a GT was 24,845. (just in case http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Overvie...4-Mustang.html ) MSRP on the Saleen was 43,322.

Now, the only way you get 18000 high retail for the GT is by plugging in less than 30,000 miles- which is doubtful for a 3 year old GT. Go above 30k miles, and its a whole different story. Suddenly, the value drops to 17375. I will give the benefit of the doubt though. So we will say you have a 2004 GT with less than 30K miles on it. So, you have to assume I have a Saleen with less than average miles on it, right?

In that case, the Saleens value jumps to 40,600 for retail value. Average retail is just that..value for a car in average condition. We can only assume the Saleen is above avg if the GT is being classified as such.

So lets look at those numbers again. The Saleen MSRP'ed for 43,322. Retail for a low miles 04 is 40,600. Heck, we will even roll up the miles a little and get a retail of 38,000. Thats a depreciation of 12%.

Now- look at those GT numbers again. Using the original MSRP for the GT, and the low mileage scenerio..we get a high retail of 18,325. Thats a depreciation of 26%. Even if I use your NADA "review" number, you still get a 21% depreciation...almost twice that of the Saleen. Now who's the genius?

We'll do even better. Tell ya what..since there are so many variables in mileage and condition when evaluating cars..lets do this. You put your "home built Saleen clone" on eBay (where you of course tell everyone that you built it yourself ) and I'll put my factory Saleen on there..and we'll see who loses the most money in the end.

I mean, I'm sure a guy who installed his own S/C, hacked up his roof, got a backyard paintjob on his body panels and installed his Saleen parts in his garage SURELY would have guys bidding 41K for a semi-fake Saleen with a warranty...ummm..well a shot at warranty work if they spend 8 hours pulling the non-factory parts before dragging it to the dealership ... ...right?
Attached Thumbnails Question about Saleen Mustangs-img_1963.jpg  
Old 3/11/07, 10:06 AM
Banned

Retail Value

Your Quote lists high retail value not average retail value. Only an idiot would pay for the high retail value. The drop from the MSRP to the average retail value is 22.6 percent which is slightly better than for the same year GT. Using your numbers with higher mileage on the 2004 GT it does show a slightly higher 24.2 percent depreciation. So now we are talking about a whopping 1.6 percent better depeciation value rate for the Saleen over the GT. I didn't "Cherry Pick The numbers. They are right in front of you. Average to Average it is a 1.6 percent difference. It is true that there will be some idiot who will buy at the high retail rate for the Saleen but there will also be idiots who will buy a GT at a high retail rate. If I were trying to Cherry pick the numbers I would have matched the low retail rate to the GT's average. Enjoy your 1.6 percent better depriciation rate for the extra 20K you got gouged for to get it. For anyone else who wants to review the numbers for themselves go to the link below my examples posted below. I am just trying to show that it is a wiser economic choice to build a Saleen. I am not a Saleen basher, I love the cars it is just that I think that they have a unfailrly high mark up!

2004 Saleen SC Original MSRP: $43,322 Low RetailAverage Retail ValueHigh RetailBase Price$28,200$33,500$40,600TOTAL PRICE$28,200$33,500$40,600
2004 Mustang GT Origional MSRP: $23,245

Clean Trade-InClean Retail ValueBase Price$14,875$17,375Mileage - 36,000 miles$250$250TOTAL PRICE$15,125$17,625
http://www.nadaguides.com/UsedCar/Va...1-1-5005-0-0-0

Old 3/11/07, 10:12 AM

There is no need to be angry. I think that you are just angry because you got milked for the extra 20,000 dollars.
Are you kidding? I paid EXACTLY 41K out the door for my Saleen, it is authentic, has a 3 year factory warranty, and I don't have to "pretend" its a real factory Saleen. Trust me, there is not 20K difference.

Just remember that your precious Saleen was born on the same assembly line as my mustang GT and had its body kit painted by a human and yes if that Saleen has a glass roof it was hacked open by a human to have it installed.
Ummm yeah..and I have a factory warranty..because it was built by Saleen trained techs in their FACTORY, and not a backyard garage. It also has a PROVEN resale track record, and factory support.

You must remember that a Saleen is a tuner and altough they claim to be a factory builder they are not in the case of the Saleen Mustang. A Saleen S7 is an authentic car and the S281s are not.
Dude..are you THAT stupid? All Saleens are real, factory produced cars. The Saleen Mustang is very real, and is not a "tuner" car. They are partnered with Ford Mo Co, are listed in the NADA database and IIOA as a factory car. You can also finance the car. Wait till a guy comes along to buy your car- you are asking 40K for it, but the Bank will only loan 22K on it. Ya know..cause its not a FACTORY Saleen. Do some research before you post ignorant stuff like that.

When all Saleen parts are skillfully installed on to a mustang GT what is the difference. I will tell you. A savings of 20,000.
So now you are a skillfully trained auto-builder? Good luck with that one.
Take my challenge..lets put our cars on ebay and see who loses the most money in theory. You don't have to "sell" your car, you can put a ultra high reserve on there just to check market value. Actually..call your bank and check LOAN VALUE on your car. I already did. 41K isn't even in the same zipcode. Loan value matters, ya know..cause people normally don't have 40K in cash laying around to buy a car.

You just keep dreaming about how much your car will be worth in 10 years compared to what you paid for it! Also I included a picture in which I think my backyard paint job matches pretty good!
Yeah, and you will be a crying boy if and when you go to sell your car. We will see how much of that 41,000 dollar "investment" you get back.

Old 3/11/07, 10:20 AM

Your Quote lists high retail value not average retail value. Only an idiot would pay for the high retail value. The drop from the MSRP to the average retail value is 22.6 percent which is slightly better than for the same year GT. Using your numbers with higher mileage on the 2004 GT it does show a slightly higher 24.2 percent depreciation. So now we are talking about a whopping 1.6 percent better depeciation value rate for the Saleen over the GT. I didn't "Cherry Pick The numbers. They are right in front of you. Average to Average it is a 1.6 percent difference. It is true that there will be some idiot who will buy at the high retail rate for the Saleen but there will also be idiots who will buy a GT at a high retail rate. If I were trying to Cherry pick the numbers I would have matched the low retail rate to the GT's average. Enjoy your 1.6 percent better depriciation rate for the extra 20K you got gouged for to get it. For anyone else who wants to review the numbers for themselves go to the link below my examples posted below. I am just trying to show that it is a wiser economic choice to build a Saleen. I am not a Saleen basher, I love the cars it is just that I think that they have a unfailrly high mark up!

2004 Saleen SC Original MSRP: $43,322 Low RetailAverage Retail ValueHigh RetailBase Price$28,200$33,500$40,600TOTAL PRICE$28,200$33,500$40,600
2004 Mustang GT Origional MSRP: $23,245

Clean Trade-InClean Retail ValueBase Price$14,875$17,375Mileage - 36,000 miles$250$250TOTAL PRICE$15,125$17,625
http://www.nadaguides.com/UsedCar/Va...1-1-5005-0-0-0
We'll go over this ONE LAST TIME. Average retail is for a car in AVERAGE condition. The GT, if its in AVERAGE condition, is no where near 18K, nor is the Saleen near 40K. Please, REREAD the post and try to keep up. We are not trading the cars in. Those numbers are pointless.

You did cherry pick the numbers.

And FYI..people pay higher than AVERAGE resale value for a Saleen because they are LIMITED PRODUCTION and are by and large keep in low mile condition.. Do some research.
Old 3/11/07, 10:42 AM
Banned

Are you kidding? I paid EXACTLY 41K out the door for my Saleen, it is authentic, has a 3 year factory warranty, and I don't have to "pretend" its a real factory Saleen. Trust me, there is not 20K difference.

I would have to see a scan of that one to believe it unless it is the the 3v and not the SC If it is not the SC then mine is faster than yours

Ummm yeah..and I have a factory warranty..because it was built by Saleen trained techs in their FACTORY, and not a backyard garage. It also has a PROVEN resale track record, and factory support.

You do get factory support and tech support for buying their parts also. My car has 21,000 miles on it with no issues. If I have any warranty problems before my car turns 3 years old I will put a post on here and "kneel before ZOD for you"!

Dude..are you THAT stupid? All Saleens are real, factory produced cars. The Saleen Mustang is very real, and is not a "tuner" car. They are partnered with Ford Mo Co, are listed in the NADA database and IIOA as a factory car. You can also finance the car. Wait till a guy comes along to buy your car- you are asking 40K for it, but the Bank will only loan 22K on it. Ya know..cause its not a FACTORY Saleen. Do some research before you post ignorant stuff like that.

You are utilizing a loop hole agreement that they made with ford. Factory produced cars come from factories not artisan shops which Saleen uses to upgrade a car which is what a tuner does. If you need a transmission, altenator, throtle body, ABS sensor, AC compressor, car door, axle, engine, fly wheel etc... where is it going to come from. FORD! How much of the car is actually SALEEN? Dude your car is still a Ford but you can hear what I am saying

So now you are a skillfully trained auto-builder? Good luck with that one.
Take my challenge..lets put our cars on ebay and see who loses the most money in theory. You don't have to "sell" your car, you can put a ultra high reserve on there just to check market value. Actually..call your bank and check LOAN VALUE on your car. I already did. 41K isn't even in the same zipcode. Loan value matters, ya know..cause people normally don't have 40K in cash laying around to buy a car.

No I am not a skillfully trained auto builder. I am an Aerospace Engineer who works for the military on the worlds most advanced fighter jets. I payed my way through college by working as an ASE certified mechanic for Ford, I have an FAA Airframes and Powerplants license and a BS in Aeroanautics and a MAS in Aeronautics. I have over 8000 documented hours through the government as a Jet engine mechanic and other Thermodynamic operations. Doing things on my mustang is like working on a kids tinker toy compared to what I do for a living. Believe me you would have wished that I was the guy who built your Saleen Just look at the picture I posted in my earlier posting their are no flaws in my gaps between my body panels and the hood. I build my car out of the love for look and performance where as yours was built by a guy who was under a time schedule to make profit. Who do you really think did a better job?

I accept your ebay challenge only if you pay for my sellers account! I am not about to waste money to prove this to you since I already know that I made the right choice.

Yeah, and you will be a crying boy if and when you go to sell your car. We will see how much of that 41,000 dollar "investment" you get back.

I have no intentions to ever sell the car. I am going to spend the 20k that I saved on building it myself to do some insane things to it. None of us is ever going to make a profit of of our stangs. That is the whole thing that I have been trying to tell you. It is not about the money. Historically speaking there are a very small number of mustangs that turned into collector items which are worth a great amount of money which are the origional shelby's
Old 3/11/07, 10:54 AM
Banned

Here is a link to an ebay sale for a 2005 mustang 3v with only 6,000 miles on it for 31,950 buy it now price put a 5,000 dollar supercharger on it yourself and you get a 2005 Saleen SC for 36,950. So much for your 41K theory. If you don't believe me the link is posted for you below. This is a dealers price too! Just imagine how low the dealer got it for. I guess that poor guy couldn't sell it for a tidy collectors price huh?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...92857731QQrdZ1

Quick Reply: Question about Saleen Mustangs