Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

New GT500 pics

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/05, 01:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.mph-online.com/web/spyphotos/0012
Old 12/22/05, 05:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thoes are all test mules. I have not seen those, however.
Old 12/22/05, 05:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, they have been around......BTW I'm in the race with you Quote " Hoping to be the first TMS member to take delivery of an 07 Shelby" Good natured race of course
Old 12/22/05, 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm just not feeling it. The engine is a gem however, although an aluminum block would have been nice. Those wheels look awful - it's amazing what a difference an inch makes.
Old 12/22/05, 09:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by bullittman@December 22, 2005, 7:57 AM
Yeah, they have been around......BTW I'm in the race with you Quote " Hoping to be the first TMS member to take delivery of an 07 Shelby" Good natured race of course
Good luck to you. Hope you get one soon.

I don't necessarily want the first one. I am not willing to pay AMV. SO if that becomes an issue, I'll wait.

I'm just tired of waiting for it. It has been a long time. I sold my last mustang in May of 1996. I have been jonesing for one ever since.
Old 12/22/05, 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 22, 2005, 4:40 PM

I don't necessarily want the first one. I am not willing to pay AMV. SO if that becomes an issue, I'll wait.

Yeah despite all the talk about the AMV.....I'm pretty certain I've got a MSRP deal locked in , BUT if not I hope to have the discipline to hold off till the prices stabilize...which they WILL!
Old 12/22/05, 01:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by bullittman@December 22, 2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah despite all the talk about the AMV.....I'm pretty certain I've got a MSRP deal locked in , BUT if not I hope to have the discipline to hold off till the prices stabilize...which they WILL!
I have a MSRP deal also. I've never paid MRRP for a car. I'm willng to for this car, however. You just never know. They might back out at the end. I also agree, they will stabilize eventually and all the suckers paying AMV will feel silly.
Old 12/22/05, 05:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Agreed! I have never paid MSRP yet either, I would consider it for this car but definitely not a markup.
Old 12/22/05, 09:26 PM
Closet American

Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 22, 2005, 9:40 AM

I'm just tired of waiting for it. It has been a long time. I sold my last mustang in May of 1996. I have been jonesing for one ever since.
I'm just still keeping my fingers crossed that they don't nix the interior they showed us in NY early this year, Crazyhorse...and that they keep the Shelby markings on the car. If they lose the whole lot of 'em, I think I'll be waiting for the next SE model.

Which would be a shame, cause I was really looking forward to pulling up to one of these at the lights in my Shelby GT500 and having a good ole fashioned '60s style shootout that'll make all the surrounding Nissondoyotas quiver in their Michelins.
Old 12/22/05, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by BC_Shelby@December 22, 2005, 10:29 PM
I'm just still keeping my fingers crossed that they don't nix the interior they showed us in NY early this year, Crazyhorse...and that they keep the Shelby markings on the car. If they lose the whole lot of 'em, I think I'll be waiting for the next SE model.

Which would be a shame, cause I was really looking forward to pulling up to one of these at the lights in my Shelby GT500 and having a good ole fashioned '60s style shootout that'll make all the surrounding Nissondoyotas quiver in their Michelins.
I don't think that thing will stand a chance... but it is cute!
Old 12/23/05, 05:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by RandyB@December 22, 2005, 7:24 AM
I'm just not feeling it. The engine is a gem however, although an aluminum block would have been nice. Those wheels look awful - it's amazing what a difference an inch makes.
I agree........and man those wheels SUCK. They get uglier and uglier everytime I see them. Something just doesnt look right with the car.
Old 12/23/05, 06:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by sharpie@December 23, 2005, 7:37 AM
I agree........and man those wheels SUCK. They get uglier and uglier everytime I see them. Something just doesnt look right with the car.
Wheels are an easy fix. They aren't going to satisfy everyone. the ones that don't like it can go to their local retailer and replace the wheels fairly easily. I bet you wouldn't have any trouble selling the stock wheels and tires.
Old 12/23/05, 06:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by BC_Shelby@December 22, 2005, 11:29 PM

In the Road and Track article (go look at it or get it if you haven't) it shows some views of the interior. The leather quality looks nice. The red stitching is on the steering wheel and front seats. IT doesn't look like the dash has the stitching (too bad, I liked that), but, the pic is limited on what you can see.

We'll know in 16 days.
Old 12/23/05, 11:59 AM
Closet American

Originally posted by crazyhorse@December 23, 2005, 6:10 AM
In the Road and Track article (go look at it or get it if you haven't) it shows some views of the interior. The leather quality looks nice. The red stitching is on the steering wheel and front seats. IT doesn't look like the dash has the stitching (too bad, I liked that), but, the pic is limited on what you can see.

We'll know in 16 days.
Yeah, I looked at the magazine a few days ago - but those tiny thumbnails have been carefully selected so as not to show too much. The steering wheel is leather with red stitching, but it appears to have lost the perforations (more de-contenting?)...and I'm sorry to say that aside from the "Cobra" emblem, the seats look identical to the ones being used in the GT.

My feeling now is that those are NOT pics of the final car, since the rear medallion is the standard tri-bar pony variety and there are no Shelby markings on the exterior anywhere.

I do agree with other posters here that those 18" wheels are kind of "meh." They should have given us the 19" ones. And the ride height and offset looks kind of iffy too.

Oh, well, that's easily fixed, I suppose. Either way, we'll know in about two weeks. If the leather dash and panels have been dropped, however, I'm definitely out.
Old 12/23/05, 01:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Sorry to hear that BC. I hope you will find the vehicle that you want soon. I look forward to seeing what you do eventually get!