Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/06, 03:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBR finally redyno'd their car.

http://blowbyracing.com/video/406_dyno.htm

no longer am I affiliated with them, but I saw on their site they finally had the video up, so I figured i'd post it.
Old 1/9/06, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Months old....They have promised another dyno session since this was originally posted with all challengers invited and no one has heard from them since.
Old 1/10/06, 01:56 PM
Cam Tease

Did you meet any of the provisons of the deal? Or just redyno it yourselves.
Old 1/10/06, 05:43 PM
Bullitt Member

That's 406 to the wheels, mind you (and fat wheels, to boot!)!

Anyone remember where the original thread is?
Old 1/10/06, 06:16 PM
Cam Tease

Ha, yeah 406hp to the wheels--as measured by BBR for BBR. I wonder if BBR "tuned" the dyno as well as the car, eh?

Haha, I should strap my bike to THAT dyno, I wonder if i could put down a solid 50.
Old 1/11/06, 04:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JohnnyZ@January 9, 2006, 6:46 AM
BBR finally redyno'd their car.

http://blowbyracing.com/video/406_dyno.htm
no longer am I affiliated with them, but I saw on their site they finally had the video up, so I figured i'd post it.

Who cares??!! :notnice: Blow you racing has been proven to be a farce, need a certain thread on corral.net brought up??? They were given the oppertunity to back up their numbers but they crapped out. They lost all credibility in my book.
Old 1/11/06, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by StangFreak@January 11, 2006, 5:31 PM
Who cares??!! :notnice: Blow you racing has been proven to be a farce, need a certain thread on Stangnet be brought up??? They were given the oppertunity to back up their numbers but they crapped out. They lost all credibility in my book.
That's a bit harsh! Anyone who can get a na 4.6 to produce the same power as SVT's 5.4 s/c'd motor (give or take 10 or so horses) deserves our utmost praise. :worship:

Yes. I'm kidding.
Old 1/11/06, 04:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am glad to see this thread, about a month ago I read something about BBR having a bad reputation and wanted to find out more about it because I seemed to recall BBR having the vicious sounding cam for the '05 4.6 in some video posted.

I search this site and could not find anything about this, either the cam or the bad rep.

Two questions:

1. Is BBR the company that had the awesome sounding cam in an eleanor styled '05?

2. Whats the deal with BBR and can someone provide a link to the thread??

Before you flame me, I tried to search, but couldn't find anything.

thanks
Old 1/11/06, 04:59 PM
Cam Tease

Haha, GOOD. Before seeing the caveat at the end there I was worried about you...
Old 1/11/06, 09:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by futuresvt@January 11, 2006, 8:02 PM
I am glad to see this thread, about a month ago I read something about BBR having a bad reputation and wanted to find out more about it because I seemed to recall BBR having the vicious sounding cam for the '05 4.6 in some video posted.

I search this site and could not find anything about this, either the cam or the bad rep.

2. Whats the deal with BBR and can someone provide a link to the thread??

Allow me to give you a short run down. A while back a similar thread was posted on Corral.net where BBR claimed to be making around 384 rwhp with their new heads and cams. Some one on that board called
and offered to have the car dynoed at an independant shop. He was willing to pay for the entire dyno session if BBR even came close to making the numbers they were claiming. BBR accepted at first but then came up with excuse after excuse as to why they couldn't have the car dynoed. The car was never dynoed (to my knowledge) and the numbers never backed up. Now you would think that any manufacturer if confident that their package could even come close to reproducing those numbers would have jumped at the chance of a free dyno run proving the validity of their claims. Had they done so and the car even came within 10 hp of their numbers they would be selling the poo out of their kit. Everyone would want one because it makes proven power. BBR wimped out, never completed the challenge, and lost all credibility in my book.

Here's a short thread on SVTPerformance.com concerning it. It shows the threads on Corral.net but you can't read them unless you are a member.

BBR Thread
Old 1/11/06, 10:36 PM
Bullitt Member

just chiming in here... They did go to another highly known shop. It was one of the named shops that everyone wanted the car togo to. It went to Mustang Specialties. Some people may have hear of Ronnie Wilson and John Pabst. Ronnie Wilson was the winner of FFW Street Renegade this year. They are all a big bunch of Steeda Boys. But hey were there, John Pabst actually ran the dyno session. So if there are any disbeliefs, contact them.

I mean heck, there is video footage to back it up...

If VT or SHM claimed this, it would be a totally different story... people would be praising them and saying that there must be a way to get even more power out of them... But b/c it's a no name hole in the wall shop... that means it must be impossible.
Old 1/12/06, 08:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Look,
I don't want to stir the pot. I tried to help play moderator on ModularFords.com. I gave BBR the benifit of the doubt. They are claiming over 400RWHP right? If you watch that (piece of junk) video closely you'll see that that pull went to almost 7200RPM, which is not safe for the stock longblock. If you want to read that whole thread you are welcome to.
Johnny Z I don't think BBR even wants to be associated with you because of some of the comments you have made on thier behalf in the past.
Also, BBR stated that they would do an additional dyno pull in the local area and invite all the naysayers over a month ago and still nothing. Someone had suggested "volunteering" to buy a package under the agreement that, if the package did not meet the advertised HP, BBR would refund thier money +S/H. These guys may be just stalling, but they seem awfully shady to me.
Old 1/12/06, 01:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow. I didn't read the Corral thread b/c I don't want to register at the moment, but that looks like it must have hurt!!!

Oh well, its not like I have a car to put a cam in at the moment anyway! I guess once I get a car, I will just have to see who else is making cams...

Thanks guys!
Old 1/15/06, 08:42 PM

This is very interesting, as I never heard of this even on corral. I must have missed the thread. Id sure like to see a 400hp/na engine sometime soon in an 05. Does anyone really know what the real gain is?

EDIT: I cant view the post link for corral... Thats weird, im registered too.

And just for fun because I didnt like the chart on
BBR website.