Notices
Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Any Chance in heck....

Old 6/9/05, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What real Chance does the average Joe have at buying a new 07 Cobra when the orders start being made???

I have never ordered a car, always bought from show room...So with limited numbers of Cobra's being made and year and half wait...Is the GT a smarter choice...

Dont want to put all my eggs in one basket just to get let down from a dealer who cant get me the Cobra...

Thanks....
Old 6/9/05, 08:44 AM
V6 Member

Ford has stated that they will build as many GT500's as the public demands. You should have no problem getting one. The question is really how long will the feeding frenzy last before prices are at a reasonable level. IMO, the frenzy will last 3-6 months and then you should have no problem ordering at MSRP.
Old 6/9/05, 08:54 AM
GT Member

On the bright side, the target GT500 audience is quite a lot smaller than the V6/GT audience, so the GT500 should return to reality sooner after its release.
Old 6/9/05, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Bama noone really knows if you will have a chance to get a GT500 not even Wombat lets see they said there going to make around 7,000 a year then they said we will make as many as the public demands i dont believe they will make as many as people demand number 1 reason why cause they dont want the sales price to drop real quick like the other cobras have done i believe they will just make around 7,000 and that will be it. And dont listen to wombat when he said in about 3-6 months you should have no problem ordering one at msrp that is bull you wont be able to get one for msrp that quick he is lieing there is noway you will get it at msrp that fast trust me try and get a gt500 when it comes out cause i bet anything as soon as they hit the floor they will be sold if you dont then you have to wait another year and even then your not promised one i bet even those will be spoken for.
Old 6/9/05, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

And how do you figure the GT500 audience is smaller show some proof of that are dont say anything at all.
Old 6/9/05, 11:18 AM

IceMan,

Thank you that was the honest answer I was looking for...7000 a year is not alot of cars considering the demand for them...

If you take 7000 base it on 50 states,...Thats about 177 cars per state give or take a few depending on location and population some states might sell more...

Which leaves even less for other states...Granted you can buy anywhere..

177 for some poor guy in Alabama dosent leave too many odds...

I recently had a motorcycle accident and I am just trying too decide bike or Mustang....

A two(2) month wait on the GT is starting to sound better than playing the Cobra Lottory...

Thanks again guys...
Old 6/9/05, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Forget the Cobra get the GT and be happy moddin it. Cobras coming in will all be presold and even if you have the money you will not be able to hook up with one. :notnice: Look how hard it is to get a GT and believe me they made more then 7000 of them this year. Also look at how the GT's were and are STILL going for over MSRP. Alot longer then 3 to 6 months have expired . Like the guy said you'll miss out on them and have to wait another year and even then probably not get one. A bird in the hand (GT) is worth 2 in the bush(GT500)
Old 6/9/05, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by jwenger@June 9, 2005, 11:59 AM
Forget the Cobra get the GT and be happy moddin it. Cobras coming in will all be presold and even if you have the money you will not be able to hook up with one. :notnice: Look how hard it is to get a GT and believe me they made more then 7000 of them this year. Also look at how the GT's were and are STILL going for over MSRP. Alot longer then 3 to 6 months have expired . Like the guy said you'll miss out on them and have to wait another year and even then probably not get one. A bird in the hand (GT) is worth 2 in the bush(GT500)
They'll sit on the lots after a few months. A 40K Mustang is harder to justify than a GT to most people.
Old 6/9/05, 03:34 PM

Thanks...

Does anyone have a picture of BOTH NEW RIMS on 06 GT?????

So far I have only seen one rim.... :scratch:
Old 6/10/05, 09:54 AM
Bullitt Member

BRX, they won't be sitting on the lots EVER, because there are LOTS of guys out there who $40K means nothing to. I hung around a Vet showroom and watched guys coming in and thinking nothing of ordering an optioned out Vet and ending up at $55K or more. I work hard for my money and admit I am not in that league BUT there are lots of guys who are and believe me these GT500's will sell like hot cakes in spite of ADM's that will be involved. Time will tell but trust me there is money out there and guys willing to spend it.
Old 6/10/05, 10:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by iceman241@June 9, 2005, 11:41 AM
Bama noone really knows if you will have a chance to get a GT500 not even Wombat lets see they said there going to make around 7,000 a year then they said we will make as many as the public demands i dont believe they will make as many as people demand number 1 reason why cause they dont want the sales price to drop real quick like the other cobras have done i believe they will just make around 7,000 and that will be it. And dont listen to wombat when he said in about 3-6 months you should have no problem ordering one at msrp that is bull you wont be able to get one for msrp that quick he is lieing there is noway you will get it at msrp that fast trust me try and get a gt500 when it comes out cause i bet anything as soon as they hit the floor they will be sold if you dont then you have to wait another year and even then your not promised one i bet even those will be spoken for.
Ford is in the business of selling cars. If the public wants 8000 GT500s, Ford would have to be foolish to not make 8000.

And my 3-6 months estimate is based on other high profile, high performance cars that have recently been released: EVO, STi, 350z, RX8.

jwenger - What about the '03/'04 Cobra's? They were sitting on lots with huge discounts late in '03 and '04 (invoice + $500). Let's also not forget that the Corvette carries a lot more class then the Mustang.
Old 6/10/05, 10:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by jwenger@June 9, 2005, 12:59 PM
Edmunds lists TMV(True Market Value) as MSRP for the '05 Mustang GT. I'm sure if one applied themself they could find a GT at MSRP and look...it's June of 2005 and when did the '05 Mustangs go on sale?

3-6 months and the GT500 will be available at MSRP....only time will tell but history is on my side with the '03 Cobra, EVO, STi, 350z, RX8, '05 Mustang GT.....
Old 6/10/05, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have to laugh at some of this. When was the last time you couldn't get a non-exotic car 6 months down the road? Even the much more limited number Viper and Prowler were ready to order for anyone 6 months after release. Then again I'm reminded of Jerry Seinfeld saying about cars .... " What is it limited to? As many as they can sell?"

Jwenger, the 05 Vette is sitting on lots in my area now. I could certainly go get one whenever I choose to. They are certainly not hard to come by. Not only that but you made my point for me. A 40K mustang or 45K Vette? A Lot of people will just pony up the extra cash for the Corvette. I was looking at the Shelby but the weight, non-IRS, and price is too much for me to purchase another Mustang. At that price i'll pay an extra 5-10K and get a C6.

I stand by my statement. Order a Shelby and you will eventually get it.
Old 6/10/05, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

I think a little longer than 6 months, maybe a year, but, they will be discounting them eventually. It is the coolest mustang available, but, it is still a Mustang. A lot of those people with $40k burning a hole in their pocket will look at the other cars available like c6, g35, etc.
Old 6/10/05, 03:04 PM

If Gm and Ford keep losing market share to Asian car companys,Im not sure how limiting the production of anything is a wise choice.We only want to sell are cars to certain folks may lead to the days of remembering when the US had car companys.Without mass appeal products and the Mustang defines a mass appeal product ,it would be a fatal bean counter error to limit them.I hope its propaganda for the people with cash to burn to pay at the beging of the GT 500 sales.Limit sales of a Mustang and there laughing and cheering at Honda.The Mustang is not a status symbol it's an icon.
Old 6/10/05, 06:23 PM
Cobra Member

Frankly, a run of 7000 cars does not make it limited production. In time prices will come back to reality as they always do on production cars. I think it's great that Ford is going to build this and I'm sure they'll sell every one they make, which is why I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them build more than 7000 of these.
Old 6/10/05, 10:18 PM

This remembers me to what it goes on with the Mustang GT 05, that they increased the production to 58 % for the great demand.

and for Cobra SVT surely the same thing will happen, and already the saying :

"They will be done to so many persons who want a GT500."

( SVT Director Hau Thai-Tang )
Old 6/11/05, 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Personally, I went with the 06 GT. I was waiting for a Shelby but seeing how some waiting lists already have 20 some names on them, when the dealer finally gets a couple, guess who's gonna get 'em... whoever is willing to dish out the most $$$$. Yeah, maybe 6 months to a year later you should be able to get one a MSRP, but now your talking almost 2 years from now as opposed to a few months for an 06 GT.
Hopefully for those waiting for the GT500 they'll be able to get it without markup, if at all. For me, i'm not willing to take the gamble when I could be already driving a GT.
Old 6/11/05, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by BamaRocker@June 9, 2005, 12:21 PM
IceMan,

Thank you that was the honest answer I was looking for...7000 a year is not alot of cars considering the demand for them...

If you take 7000 base it on 50 states,...Thats about 177 cars per state give or take a few depending on location and population some states might sell more...

dont forget about the canadian provinces - we will be getting a small alotment up here - and i will be getting mine
Old 6/11/05, 05:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by iceman241@June 9, 2005, 10:43 AM
And how do you figure the GT500 audience is smaller show some proof of that are dont say anything at all.
Are you kidding. They are planning on selling 160,000 to 180,000 Mustangs next year. Let's assume (which I don't think they did) that 7,000 of those would be made up of the new Cobra (even though we aren't sure of the number). That leaves (even if sales are lower than expected) at least 150,000 Mustangs on the road that aren't Cobras. Yes, that means it is a smaller ownership/audience.

Unless you are talking about an audience who appreciates a car but doesn't buy it, which would be a much larger number, but with no way of calculating it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Chance in heck....

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.