Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2007 Foose Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/06, 07:28 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Foose Mustang

So according to Unique Performance's website these cars are being shipped to dealers now. They also list dealers that will carry the car. In the Houston area they list the Planet Ford dealers. I have never had a good time when I visit any of their lots, but I thought I would email them about the Foose anyway.

So below is my first email to them, then their reply, which you HAVE TO READ, and then my reply to them....wtf, wtf...

MY FIRST EMAIL:
I am interested in the 2007 Limited Edition Foose Mustang. I believe you are an authorized seller of this car and I was wondering when they will arrive on your lot and how much they will cost.Thanks,Erik

THEIR REPLY:
YES!! WE WILL BE A DEALER FOR THE MUSTANG, THY WILL NOT START ARRIVING UNTIL LATE AUG. EARLY SEPT. WE ARE NOT SURE ON THE PRICES YET, BUT RUMOR IS AROUND $100,000. BUT THATS JUST A RUMOR. I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH AND LET YOU KNOW AS I KNOW MORE.
>DENISE KELLEY planetford35@leadcrm.com

MY REPLY TO DENISE:
DENISE,

You have to be mistaken. There is NO WAY that the Foose Mustang is going to sell for $100,000. I would suggest double-checking your facts. Unique Performance is going to be building these cars and they have told me to expect a MSRP of around $40,000-$45,000. I was just checking w/you mostly to see when they would be arriving on your lot.

Also, I doubt they are not going to arrive until Sept., as Unique Performance is located in Dallas and they have already started shipping cars out to dealers.

Please tell me your email was a joke.

Thanks for your time,
Erik
Old 6/17/06, 07:51 PM
Cobra Member

wow ....what a joke.........
Old 6/18/06, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Can't wait for the reponse!
Old 6/18/06, 10:40 PM
Cobra Member

Unique says they will start at $42.5k in an ad I saw.

The reply just sounds like some dealer trying to see if he can snag a sucker without trying to burn the bridge. He probably heard the Barret Jackson price (over $100k for the first coupe, but the first 'vert didn't crack $65k IIRC).

The jury is still out as to whether or not the Foose Mustangs will be worth something in the future. I think they are nice and all, and have a great list of mods (down the chassis stiffening. etc.) and are much better than the Saleen or Roush alternatives IMHO. Just not sure if they are quite worth that kind of money.
Old 6/19/06, 07:54 AM
V6 Member

Really sad, probably not a joke, some fool might pay that. Just like the new GT500, sticker price OK, 5 - 20 K over sticker no way.
Old 6/19/06, 11:15 AM
GT Member

Update - here is the reply I got today:

DEAR ERIK,

I AM NOT JOKING! I TOLD YOU IT WAS A RUMOR! DON'T QUOTE ME. THE NEW CAR MANAGER IS WHO TOLD ME WHEN THEY WOULD BE ARRIVING, SO IM SURE IT IS ACCURATE

-oops, guess it might be too late on the "don't quote me" part...my bad
Old 6/19/06, 07:28 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a couple of links to the cars and a couple of pix.
http://www.uniqueperformance.com/Mustang-Coupe.aspx
http://www.uniqueperformance.com/Mus...nvertible.aspx

I would like the look sans stripes and scoop. Also like the absense of the fog lights in the lower grille (like the concept car had).
Old 6/19/06, 10:28 PM
GT Member

I think it could be a great car w/the Ford Racing Supercharger as an option on it, could be a way to get one w/the FR supercharger and keep a warranty on the car - but only if the price is right...

and this $100,000 crap is not right!
Old 6/20/06, 09:26 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
interesting..the noses on those two cars are different ..notice the positioning of the marker light. And yes i agree 100K for that car is a bit much.
I seriously think the dealer is just being stupid
Old 6/20/06, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

dealer being stupid?..nevvvvver....
Old 6/22/06, 12:45 PM
GT Member

Here was my e-mail experience with Team Ford here in Vegas. One of the dealerships that had a list for the Shelby and then shafted their customers to make a buck in an auction.

ME - I am looking into buying either a 2007 Shelby GT500 or a 2007 Foose Mustang Coupe when I return from Korea in a year. I know the base MSRP for the GT500 and I know that it will be available for that or less by the time I return (with all of the hype dying down about 6 months from now), but I am trying to find out the price of a Foose Coupe. If you could provide me with price listings for the base model and for available options, I would appreciate it.

THEM - The Shelby coup silent bid we estimate 55k to 65k the FOOSE 40k to 55k realty cars are showing up in two weeks in a year prices can change I will let you know what happens to these cars in the next few mounts

Now, I may have painted a target on my back by saying that I am in the military...I usually like to save that until the time that I have them down to a reasonable price and then ask them to go ahead and add the military discount. Aside from some spelling errors that make it difficult to really tell what he is trying to say in a few places, he seemed pretty honest. He wasn't trying to say that the Shelby would sell for $75K and he sure didn't seem to think that the Foose was worth what the Shelby is. This may be a better picture of what to expect at most dealerships.

Now...I want to let everyone know. Because Team Ford has been kind enough to screw everyone that they made promises to regarding the Shelby, and because they are the only Foose dealer in Vegas...I will be travelling to Phoenix to buy my Foose if I decide not to go with the Shelby at one of their competitors here in town.
Old 6/22/06, 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Myself and CGoeschel (users of this site) are managers at Team Ford, and Team has yet to receive their 1st Shelby. Team has not sold or taken a deposit on the car, so how would you figure this is screwing everyone? Not trying to cause a war, but trying to help.

In regards to FOOSE, we have yet to receive any information on the exact amount the car will cost to Team or the customer.

Very interested in hearing more on where and who you got your information from, and trying to be a proactive dealer/enthusiast who wants to help.

Myself and CGoeschel are both huge enthusiasts (who hopefully are respected members of the site) and want to help.
Old 6/22/06, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by n3cr0mncr
Here was my e-mail experience with Team Ford here in Vegas. One of the dealerships that had a list for the Shelby and then shafted their customers to make a buck in an auction.

ME - I am looking into buying either a 2007 Shelby GT500 or a 2007 Foose Mustang Coupe when I return from Korea in a year. I know the base MSRP for the GT500 and I know that it will be available for that or less by the time I return (with all of the hype dying down about 6 months from now), but I am trying to find out the price of a Foose Coupe. If you could provide me with price listings for the base model and for available options, I would appreciate it.

THEM - The Shelby coup silent bid we estimate 55k to 65k the FOOSE 40k to 55k realty cars are showing up in two weeks in a year prices can change I will let you know what happens to these cars in the next few mounts

Now, I may have painted a target on my back by saying that I am in the military...I usually like to save that until the time that I have them down to a reasonable price and then ask them to go ahead and add the military discount. Aside from some spelling errors that make it difficult to really tell what he is trying to say in a few places, he seemed pretty honest. He wasn't trying to say that the Shelby would sell for $75K and he sure didn't seem to think that the Foose was worth what the Shelby is. This may be a better picture of what to expect at most dealerships.

Now...I want to let everyone know. Because Team Ford has been kind enough to screw everyone that they made promises to regarding the Shelby, and because they are the only Foose dealer in Vegas...I will be travelling to Phoenix to buy my Foose if I decide not to go with the Shelby at one of their competitors here in town.
Team Ford has never told anyone that they are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...on any list. I'm the new car manager at Team Ford and I have the "list" for our Shelby's. We've never quoted a price to anyone on a list other than to say that we are "looking into" the possiblility of having an auction so that the consumers set the final value "they" are willing to pay for the cars rather than us put on an addendum. Come to our lot and see that we very seldom put any addendum on our cars/trucks....we had one on the Hybrid....took it off......had it on the Harley truck....took it off......In fact, we've been contacted by severall inventory locators that have told us they'll take all of our Shelby allocations.....give us 15K over....and send the customer to us so we get the credit for that sale as long as the customer can order what he/she wants. We turned them down. We're the ones taking the chance that we may in fact get very little above sticker for our Shelby's. Anyone whom has ever dealt with our dealership knows that we are far and away the most trusted dealer in Las Vegas. We do more for Military, Law Enforcement, Firefighters etc....than any other dealer that Ive ever known. Its unfortunate that you had a bad experience but 05-1947 and I are here to try and make it right. Let us know how we might be able to help.....and please give us your name in a PM so we can look into your contact with our dealership. If it makes you feel better (i doubt it), I wanted a Shelby as well and because of market demand and lack of production, I wont be getting one......thats why I bought the car in my sig instead.
Old 6/22/06, 09:31 PM
GT Member

05-1947,

Not sure about others here, but my info about the cars shipping came from Unique Performance's site. My info about the price came from Paul Cavins, also from Unique Performance maybe a month plus ago. He told me to expect it close to 40k and to be under 50k no problem. But then he told me that may change w/the options I want (the Ford Racing Supercharger) b/c FR has yet to release final pricing on that (heck they have yet to release the SC at all).
Old 6/22/06, 09:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ecmazza
05-1947,

Not sure about others here, but my info about the cars shipping came from Unique Performance's site. My info about the price came from Paul Cavins, also from Unique Performance maybe a month plus ago. He told me to expect it close to 40k and to be under 50k no problem. But then he told me that may change w/the options I want (the Ford Racing Supercharger) b/c FR has yet to release final pricing on that (heck they have yet to release the SC at all).
I ordered our first 6 Foose mustangs last week.....the supercharger will not be available until late July at the earliest. Thats straight from Paul Cavins himself. Pricing with the supercharger "should" be near 50K. When you think about the options that they offer, wheels, paint, body kit, baer brakes etc...they are very reasonable, and production is supposed to be limited to around 3000 units per year.
Old 6/23/06, 03:37 PM
GT Member

cgoeschel,

Thanks for the info! That is some pretty good news, and seems consistent w/what i have been hearing and have been told.

I only wish my H-town dealers were not jerking me around so much...wtf...
Old 6/26/06, 01:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I just spoke with Chip Foose last week at a car show in Sioux Falls, SD and the price for his Stallion Mustang is $45k and some change. They had several out on display and I must admit they are nice looking cars...
Old 6/28/06, 09:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

More pics...

Old 6/28/06, 09:47 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

CDC has updated their pix of the foose hood (both with and without the shaker hole)

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...splay/691.html
Old 7/11/06, 04:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

On Ebay...

I like the silver guages

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...QQcmdZViewItem

Quick Reply: 2007 Foose Mustang