Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

2006 Shelby/West Coast Customs Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/05, 06:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did I read right only 25 to be made? If so not much competition for the Shelby GT500.
Old 11/7/05, 05:26 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all for the comments. This car was done in a very short window. This will be modified more, especially in the hood area, Carroll wants it deeper cut.

WCC is not for the record in bankurptcy. They are doing terrific cars for many top sports guys, the governor of CA, Dale Jr, etc. We think they did a great job on the car, and as stated , the paint is not done justice in the pictures.

The V6 is a new concept, that we have gotten a lot of feedback on. we appreciate all your feedback, please feel free to email me further on these. thanks again

Amy

Amyb@shelbyautos.com
Old 11/7/05, 05:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by amyb+November 7, 2005, 8:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(amyb @ November 7, 2005, 8:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks all for the comments. This car was done in a very short window. This will be modified more, especially in the hood area, Carroll wants it deeper cut.

WCC is not for the record in bankurptcy. They are doing terrific cars for many top sports guys, the governor of CA, Dale Jr, etc. We think they did a great job on the car, and as stated , the paint is not done justice in the pictures.

The V6 is a new concept, that we have gotten a lot of feedback on. we appreciate all your feedback, please feel free to email me further on these. thanks again

Amy

Amyb@shelbyautos.com
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Stang281
@November 5, 2005, 1:21 PM
Well, the GT500 will be done by SVT in collaboration with Carroll Shelby. Whereas the Shelby CS6 was done by him and will be sold by Shelby Automotive.

I'm not sure why he teamed up with West Coast Customs...they filed for bankruptcy a few weeks or months before MTV picked them up. There's a reason for that, they have a horrible design staff and it comes out in the shows, they take a really crappy car and virtually anything they do to it will make it look better to the viewers.
[/quote]
MTV has had the WCC show for at least 2 years.

Amy, I just wanted to comment and say that you guys did an awesome job on the V6 model. This WCC/Shelby V8 version needs less foglights (take two off, two in the top grille or two in the bottom grille) and the wing isn't great. The hood, however, is very nice, and i'm glad to hear that he wants the vent but deeper.
Old 11/7/05, 06:25 PM

"Amy, I just wanted to comment and say that you guys did an awesome job on the V6 model. This WCC/Shelby V8 version needs less foglights (take two off, two in the top grille or two in the bottom grille) and the wing isn't great. The hood, however, is very nice, and i'm glad to hear that he wants the vent but deeper. "

hi stang281, thanks. We are removing the 2 lights, we agree, the side scoops are functional and the exhaust will be moved to the side, but we didn't have time before SEMA.

On WCC, they have done 5 seasons of Pimp, and bowed out of last season, as the cars and show were ruining their reputation. They had 5 days to take a turd and make it nice, an impossible task.

We will have new pictures of the hood and side exhaust soon. We will also put up a section on our site for these cars. Thanks again

Amy
Old 11/7/05, 07:37 PM
Bullitt Member

will they be selling this as a body kit?
I would be extremly intrested in it
Old 11/7/05, 10:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm starting to grow more fond of the 22"S
Old 11/7/05, 10:31 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by amyb@November 7, 2005, 5:28 PM

"Amy, I just wanted to comment and say that you guys did an awesome job on the V6 model. This WCC/Shelby V8 version needs less foglights (take two off, two in the top grille or two in the bottom grille) and the wing isn't great. The hood, however, is very nice, and i'm glad to hear that he wants the vent but deeper. "

hi stang281, thanks. We are removing the 2 lights, we agree, the side scoops are functional and the exhaust will be moved to the side, but we didn't have time before SEMA.

On WCC, they have done 5 seasons of Pimp, and bowed out of last season, as the cars and show were ruining their reputation. They had 5 days to take a turd and make it nice, an impossible task.

We will have new pictures of the hood and side exhaust soon. We will also put up a section on our site for these cars. Thanks again

Amy

I think the CS8 looks great! I think you guys are doing a fine job.. Opinions expressed by 1 member, do not reflect that of all the members.. Thanks for taking it all in with a grain of salt.. Perhaps you can talk to Mr. Shelby, and ask him if its possible that you guys take a stock GT, and drop in a 5.8L with Twin Turbos, installing a Ford 9" rear-end with IRS suspension.. Drop in a 6spd transmission with a 3.50 ratio ring and pinon gear.. Place a waste gate **** on the drivers side pillar with a boost gauge, and a 200MPH speedometer.. the 3.50 ratio rear-end will put the engine at 5800RPM at 200MPH in 5th gear..

Also, make sure the car dyno's 700RWHP, and sell it for $55K.. Thanks AMYB! You guys are awsome.. Please give Mr. Shelby my specs, and I promise you he will say yes..

Also, you can name the car the all new Shelby GT700.. The 700 denotes the rear wheel HP in this case.. You will sell thousands of these cars, I promise..
Old 11/8/05, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by MSP@November 8, 2005, 12:34 AM
I think the CS8 looks great! I think you guys are doing a fine job.. Opinions expressed by 1 member, do not reflect that of all the members.. Thanks for taking it all in with a grain of salt.. Perhaps you can talk to Mr. Shelby, and ask him if its possible that you guys take a stock GT, and drop in a 5.8L with Twin Turbos, installing a Ford 9" rear-end with IRS suspension.. Drop in a 6spd transmission with a 3.50 ratio ring and pinon gear.. Place a waste gate **** on the drivers side pillar with a boost gauge, and a 200MPH speedometer.. the 3.50 ratio rear-end will put the engine at 5800RPM at 200MPH in 5th gear..

Also, make sure the car dyno's 700RWHP, and sell it for $55K.. Thanks AMYB! You guys are awsome.. Please give Mr. Shelby my specs, and I promise you he will say yes..

Also, you can name the car the all new Shelby GT700.. The 700 denotes the rear wheel HP in this case.. You will sell thousands of these cars, I promise..

LOL!!!!!! Great idea, I can not tell Shelby this, as he will have me start to build it and my plate is full at the moment, but I will work on it, we also have new stuff coming for next year, so stay tuned!

Amy
Old 11/8/05, 02:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by grendel@November 5, 2005, 11:32 AM
The side scoops are NOT from the Boy Racer kit. I REALLY hope those are made available as they are exactly what I've been looking for... They flow perfectly into the lines of the car (yes I know they're molded in, but the shape is perfect).
The scoops look like Xenon's side scoops to me. Add some body filler to smooth it in, and you should be there.
Old 11/13/05, 02:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by GtStallion51@November 4, 2005, 12:31 AM
I think both the v6 and v8 look awesome, but from a business stand point, I don't under stand why shelby would create competition for himself. Now theres going to be a Shelby GT500 and a Shelby CS6 ....

It's all about the who's gross income before taxes your talking about Shelby's or Ford's.
Old 11/14/05, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been keeping my eyes open amy to see if to see if you guys are looking into selling the body kit to the public and I haven't found any info on it either way and I was hoping you could shed some light on the matter?

Thanks