The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   2006 Shelby/West Coast Customs Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/2006-shelby-west-coast-customs-mustang-424484/)

rrobello 11/3/05 04:58 PM

2006 Shelby/West Coast Customs Mustang

It’s not often that the custom buildups presented at SEMA ever actually go on sale, but 25 lucky people will have the opportunity to park one of these Shelby-modified 2006 Ford Mustangs in their own garage. Carroll Shelby has teamed up with the creative design team of West Coast Customs (WCC), adding an exclusive Vortech supercharger and remapping the onboard computer to boost output above 500 horsepower. Exterior enhancements include a new single-scoop hood design, new fender swells and rocker panels, specially designed front bumper side scoops, rear wing, and fenders, and 22-inch Shelby/WCC-branded Lexani wheels with Pirelli tires. Inside is a custom-embroidered interior featuring Shelby and WCC logo badging, Sony DVD head unit with 7-inch monitor, and a full-blown WCC sound system. Interested buyers can get more information at www.shelbyautos.com.

http://motortrend.com/autoshows/cove...oast_mus_z.jpg

Lalo 11/3/05 05:18 PM

The GT looks like crap compared to the V6

shadow 11/3/05 06:42 PM

that is one awsome looking car... rims might be a little big though :dunno:

PIKE2244 11/3/05 08:48 PM

Has anyone seen or heard if the exterior parts are going to sold to the general public?

GtStallion51 11/3/05 09:28 PM

I think both the v6 and v8 look awesome, but from a business stand point, I don't under stand why shelby would create competition for himself. Now theres going to be a Shelby GT500 and a Shelby CS6 ....

Imatk 11/3/05 10:02 PM

That body kit is VERY similar to the 3d Carbon Boy Racer... so if you want it... it's available... although I think the front bumper is slightly different.

shadow 11/4/05 12:42 AM

well seeing in how theres only going to be 25 of these on the market i dont think thats much competition... just more product to sell, and profit to make

what happened to the turn signals??

Blip 11/4/05 04:08 AM

Originally posted by GtStallion51@November 4, 2005, 12:31 AM
I think both the v6 and v8 look awesome, but from a business stand point, I don't under stand why shelby would create competition for himself. Now theres going to be a Shelby GT500 and a Shelby CS6 ....

Money from selling Shelby CS6 goes to Shelby's company...

...Most money from selling SVT Shelby GT500 goes to Ford.

to me, it's probably a dollars and control thing.
Shelby builds and sells a car without have to deal with Ford executives.

PIKE2244 11/4/05 10:05 AM

There are some small similarities for the most part the Shelby kit is very different. And to be more specific I was hoping to see that the hood would go into production because there is such a small selection of hoods for the 05 at this time.

Rampant 11/4/05 03:04 PM

Interesting hood and modified 3D Carbon kit, but where are the turn signals and what is up with all those fog lights?

JessicaRabbitt 11/4/05 04:47 PM

Having just seen this baby in person, let me just tell you, that picture ruins it. That is one of the prettiest Stangs at the show. The color in the pic looks like a pearl Vista, and boys and girls it so IS NOT! It is more of a purple blue, almost like a purple Sonic Blue. Its incredible. 3D did in fact do the kit for that car. It is a modified Boy Racer, and I like the mods, cept of course the scoops are non-functioning.

Nick85 11/4/05 10:01 PM

Originally posted by GtStallion51@November 3, 2005, 10:31 PM

I'm guessing it was a marketing move to boost sales of the base V6 Mustang.

unnoticedtrails 11/4/05 11:58 PM

interesting idea

Stang281 11/5/05 10:14 AM

Originally posted by PIKE2244@November 3, 2005, 11:51 PM
Has anyone seen or heard if the exterior parts are going to sold to the general public?

It's a slightly modified 3D Carbon Boy Racer body kit.

Stang281 11/5/05 10:18 AM

Originally posted by GtStallion51@November 4, 2005, 12:31 AM

Well, the GT500 will be done by SVT in collaboration with Carroll Shelby. Whereas the Shelby CS6 was done by him and will be sold by Shelby Automotive.

I'm not sure why he teamed up with West Coast Customs...they filed for bankruptcy a few weeks or months before MTV picked them up. There's a reason for that, they have a horrible design staff and it comes out in the shows, they take a really crappy car and virtually anything they do to it will make it look better to the viewers.

I don't know who gave them the memo that the S197 rally races....(hint: 4 foglights + the 2 headlights)

grendel 11/5/05 10:29 AM

Originally posted by Stang281@November 5, 2005, 12:17 PM
It's a slightly modified 3D Carbon Boy Racer body kit.

The side scoops are NOT from the Boy Racer kit. I REALLY hope those are made available as they are exactly what I've been looking for... They flow perfectly into the lines of the car (yes I know they're molded in, but the shape is perfect).

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/sema05/97.jpg

Stang281 11/5/05 11:17 AM

Originally posted by grendel@November 5, 2005, 1:32 PM
The side scoops are NOT from the Boy Racer kit. I REALLY hope those are made available as they are exactly what I've been looking for... They flow perfectly into the lines of the car (yes I know they're molded in, but the shape is perfect).

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/shows/sema05/97.jpg

Because they don't offer side scoops with the Boy Racer kit. :)

Those are also what I think looks best, however it isn't blended into the peak of the fender like it should be, IMO.

Stang281 11/5/05 11:57 AM

Originally posted by Rampant@November 4, 2005, 6:07 PM
Interesting hood and modified 3D Carbon kit, but where are the turn signals and what is up with all those fog lights?

They are right under the horizontal line on the left and right side of the front bumper. Looks like they are blacked out.

burningman 11/5/05 04:36 PM

umm I could do withouth the giant wing and 500 million fog lights

MilStang 11/5/05 05:42 PM

Agreed Doug.

I like most of the car, minus the wing and flood lights all over. The wheels I would probably want just a little smaller.

:nice: