General Art For your viewing pleasure, Various Art and Photochops Created by our Talented Members.

Artists/photographers..READ VERY IMPORTANT

Old 4/11/08, 03:59 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Artists/photographers..READ VERY IMPORTANT

I just tripped across this and am currently loking into this..but if this is true artists and photographers are in deep trouble!

http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=p...no=3605&page=1
Old 4/11/08, 07:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
OM Frackin Gwad I could be soo rich. Thanks for all your work Sir Doug I'm kidding.
Old 4/12/08, 04:40 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will the madness ever end. If that legislation gets passed, well, so much for thinking about professional photography. To think, I just bought a new camera today too.
Old 4/12/08, 06:50 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
this is seriously messed up.
Old 4/12/08, 07:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I seriously hope this doesn't pass. While I don't make money from my work now, I hope to someday. And registering every photograph I take and every photoshop I do is f**king retarded.
Old 4/12/08, 08:39 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

I still have yet to find any concrete info on this so it may all be just panic alrms going off
Old 4/13/08, 06:29 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
This looks like very bad situation, but like Doug posted above, I haven't come across anymore about this .... yet.
Old 4/13/08, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sure wouldnt surprise me in the United States is today but I suspect this would hold true everywhere somehow. Our government cant hardly run what we already have it try to do let alone adding more to the plate.

We live in really sick times when we work our asses off for the same pay as we got 10-20 yrs ago but everything else has gone out wack compared to it and now they want to add this if it is true. When does the greed of our leaders stop? when is enough enough? We just gave the oil company this huge subsidy but yet they are making 400-700 percent record profits each quarter. What the hell is up with all of this? I went to wal mart to buy a case of oil and it is now 20 dollars for a case. I use to buy it 5 yrs ago for $7 a case. I still work for $10.00 an hour and at the end of a work week there is $189.00 left over after taxes . Guess what, it dont cut it. Ok I got a bit off topic but it all boils down to the same thing GREED!!!!!!!!
Old 4/13/08, 06:27 PM
Cobra R Member

I understand that we have to have taxes, but what ever happened to the reason the United States was founded in the first place? Weren't we tired of tyranny, oppression, and over taxation? In our constitution, I believe it says something about this, that the people have the right and duty to stand up against these very things. That's a bit off topic, but when the government is trying to have too much control (as they already HAVE too much), we need to stand up.

Edit... that was the Declaration of Independence. Which, I believe to be as important, if not more, than the Constitution.

Last edited by DarkFireGT; 4/13/08 at 06:32 PM.
Old 4/14/08, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

The government calls that treason, or unlawful assembly or trying to start a riot. Then you get arrested because your just trying to keep the country back in it's original concept.
Old 4/14/08, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

You guys aren't from Montana by chance are you?

Rich

BTW: not a commentary on Doug's post, just on the direction of the thread...
Old 4/14/08, 08:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Nope, no Montana here. It's just a darn shame what is going on right now. Not just with this case, but everything. I think someone needs to remind Washington of the constitution, and that it's not only an preserved piece of our past, but something we must live by even today.

Treason would be completely ignoring the constitution to further your own agenda. Luckily, we don't live in a society where someone as important as our president would ever do that!

I know this has gone off on a tangent a bit, but it's fully related.
Old 4/14/08, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

it is just nuts anymore
Old 4/14/08, 10:46 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by Grell
The government calls that treason, or unlawful assembly or trying to start a riot. Then you get arrested because your just trying to keep the country back in it's original concept.
now your likely to be labled a terrorist too
Old 4/15/08, 01:09 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
what the ****?!

this is not cool, not at all. I know I'm no high caliber artist, especially compared to the others on this board, but this does influence me and quite a bit. I'm am amateur artist and photographer and losing all rights to my own stuff is absolutely ludicrous!

then take a look at where I'm headed next year. I'm transferring to an ART SCHOOL for industrial/transportation design. Does this mean that the work I do in school can be stolen, sold and then used against me when I try and share it or profit from it on my own?

As if this week wasn't ****ty enough. this is terrible news
Old 4/15/08, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

But realisticly, isnt part of being a good citizen of United States or any country, keeping The Country in the guidelines on which the country was created on And stopping goofy things like this from happening?
Old 4/15/08, 02:25 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm completely with you on it Grell. We just need to get the soilders in our armed forces and local police forces to see that america is changing for the worse and then they can take action and take control and then remove our current political garbage and pretty much reboot the guidlines to which we stand. Their may be another civil war of people that somehow agree on this new broken system but it is somthing that we should fight for, and it has nothing about being a terrorist or treason, but rather a patriot.