V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

X-Charger X-Spec complete technical review...w/dynosheets

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/06, 07:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off I dont plan on trying to overpower MSP with this kit on yet another automatic car. I dont want to put someone's car in jeporady just to try and out perform someone elses thousands of miles away.

Secondly, I think I may have been midunderstood as for free dynotuning on all of these kits. I'm willing to do this for a few guys for the first few times just to further devolpe the tuning and see what type of horsepower we can make. I still need to do a manual car so this spot is definatly still open. For my automatic tunes I know they are 110% ready but with Thomas's car I would like to test the nitrous and possible even water injection and this is why his will be free as well.

After this though if you want to come to me I would gladly make any adjustments that may need to be made but you would pay for the dynotime. Also, if I'm in your area and you want to goto the dyno I would gladly go with you and make the adjustments but you would be responsible for the dynotime.

Now if you add something like a different air intake or form of boost cooler that affects the a/f ratio then we I may have to charge for a new program since things will be changing over my first intial tune.

Basically the first couple of guys it's going to be free but from there you'll pay dynotime. I'm not a hard guy to work with though so if you want to come to a dyno and I'm going to be close by, say like at a FFW event, then we can work something out if you dont have the cash to pay for the dyno or the tuning at the time. Let's just keep this on a case by case basis.

Now for all out HP numbers I dont want to play this game please, I'm not saying this kit is gods gift to V6 owner's. I'm saying its competively priced, makes excellent power, and is a breeze to install. Nothing more then any other kit on the market today. What anyone does with the kit afterwards is their own business and you will have my full support but I'm not going to try and do something that I dont think is rational just to get some numbers.

I would LOVE to see this kit in action on a car with good traction, good gears and a 1/4 mile track. For the auto I would imagine some 13 second passes would definatly be obtainable.

Thanks!! Doug904.
Old 5/5/06, 09:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ May 5, 2006, 9:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
First off I dont plan on trying to overpower MSP with this kit on yet another automatic car. I dont want to put someone's car in jeporady just to try and out perform someone elses thousands of miles away.

Secondly, I think I may have been midunderstood as for free dynotuning on all of these kits. I'm willing to do this for a few guys for the first few times just to further devolpe the tuning and see what type of horsepower we can make. I still need to do a manual car so this spot is definatly still open. For my automatic tunes I know they are 110% ready but with Thomas's car I would like to test the nitrous and possible even water injection and this is why his will be free as well.

After this though if you want to come to me I would gladly make any adjustments that may need to be made but you would pay for the dynotime. Also, if I'm in your area and you want to goto the dyno I would gladly go with you and make the adjustments but you would be responsible for the dynotime.

Now if you add something like a different air intake or form of boost cooler that affects the a/f ratio then we I may have to charge for a new program since things will be changing over my first intial tune.

Basically the first couple of guys it's going to be free but from there you'll pay dynotime. I'm not a hard guy to work with though so if you want to come to a dyno and I'm going to be close by, say like at a FFW event, then we can work something out if you dont have the cash to pay for the dyno or the tuning at the time. Let's just keep this on a case by case basis.

Now for all out HP numbers I dont want to play this game please, I'm not saying this kit is gods gift to V6 owner's. I'm saying its competively priced, makes excellent power, and is a breeze to install. Nothing more then any other kit on the market today. What anyone does with the kit afterwards is their own business and you will have my full support but I'm not going to try and do something that I dont think is rational just to get some numbers.

I would LOVE to see this kit in action on a car with good traction, good gears and a 1/4 mile track. For the auto I would imagine some 13 second passes would definatly be obtainable.

Thanks!! Doug904.
[/b][/quote]

I'll be bringing my drag radials in case we get to go to the track. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 09:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't think Doug was going to get drawn into an online "mine is bigger than yours" match. It's silly.

I believe the point of the X-charger kit is being missed here (at least by some folks). Explorer Express is shooting for something with good perfomance gains, that's going to live happily with the engine and not put a big dent in it's longevity. They're not even TRYING to be the top performer at the expense of risk to the engine by cranking boost to the stratosphere.

For guys like me, that want some extra kick around town, are keeping their car (and hopefully engine) for a long while, and aren't interested in bragging rights games, just having fun behind the wheel, the x-charger seems a near perfect option.
Old 5/5/06, 10:43 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torch_Vert @ May 5, 2006, 10:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I didn't think Doug was going to get drawn into an online "mine is bigger than yours" match. It's silly.

I believe the point of the X-charger kit is being missed here (at least by some folks). Explorer Express is shooting for something with good perfomance gains, that's going to live happily with the engine and not put a big dent in it's longevity. They're not even TRYING to be the top performer at the expense of risk to the engine by cranking boost to the stratosphere.

For guys like me, that want some extra kick around town, are keeping their car (and hopefully engine) for a long while, and aren't interested in bragging rights games, just having fun behind the wheel, the x-charger seems a near perfect option.
[/b][/quote]
Thats it exactly, no chest thumping here, just have a need for more tire smoking grunt [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 5/6/06, 05:01 AM
MSP
Banned

LOL!! Thank GOD Doug904 understand me!

You guys know occasionally I talk alittle smack.. Its all in good fun.. I am basically the slowest car here, because I have never taken my car to a track..

LOL!! I like how some guys rationalize the situation.. Cant beat him on the dyno, so beat him with a 14.5ET, cause he does not have a time slip.. Of course I am looking forward to Jimps success, and he already knows this..

I wonder what the reaction would be if I took a picture of my GTech in the 12's! LOL! You guys would say that doesnt count...LOL! Man, that GTECH is pretty close to the mark in reality.. I mean, how can you trick a GTECH.. sure he may be off by one or two hundreths, but thats it..

Anyone up for a GTECH race? Run the GTECH and post a picture of the ET and 1/4mile speed..??? Any takers?

I didnt think so.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Even over the internet, a GTECH could put an end to all the speculation.. But I doubt there is anyone brave enough to take me on..

LOL!! Man I need to quit! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

But seriously, I'll GTECH race anyone at this forum.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I am headed to the track, dont worry, just want to finish up a few more mods I have planned.. Until then, anyone talking trash can meet me at the GTECH staging lanes anytime..
Old 5/6/06, 07:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

To me a G-tech is like the autometer A/F guage that reads off the stock 02 sensors, nothing but a dancing light show. I guess we can't agree 100% of the time? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Not to mention doing a 12 second pass on the street would put you well over 100 mph and that isn't a safe thing to do. My GT's best time of 13.47 was at 102 mph.

If you dont bring your drag radials we can use mine, since I put my car in the ditch driving with them on in the rain I've swore never to put them on it again so I have a fresh set of MT's mounted on 17x9' bullet knockoffs.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 5/6/06, 07:23 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torch_Vert @ May 5, 2006, 11:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Well, said... and I know exactly what you are saying... I've been saying the same thing for a few weeks now... Ever since the Modified Mustang article about MRT's Cherry 6T6... when some people where wondering why in the heck Scott would put twin turbos on and only run 7 PSI... These companys would go out of buiness if their customers wore out their motors in 6 months (or less!)... So... i would say your comments are 100% on target!
Old 5/6/06, 07:40 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ May 6, 2006, 7:07 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
To me a G-tech is like the autometer A/F guage that reads off the stock 02 sensors, nothing but a dancing light show. I guess we can't agree 100% of the time? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

Not to mention doing a 12 second pass on the street would put you well over 100 mph and that isn't a safe thing to do. My GT's best time of 13.47 was at 102 mph.

If you dont bring your drag radials we can use mine, since I put my car in the ditch driving with them on in the rain I've swore never to put them on it again so I have a fresh set of MT's mounted on 17x9' bullet knockoffs.

Thanks, Doug.
[/b][/quote]
Doug if you want to sell those PM or email me at dlewis10emtp@hotmail.com Those are great times, I just bested my ET last night 13.41 @ 105 on street tires, I desperately need DRs! Thanks Dale

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ May 6, 2006, 5:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
LOL!! Thank GOD Doug904 understand me!

You guys know occasionally I talk alittle smack.. Its all in good fun.. I am basically the slowest car here, because I have never taken my car to a track..

LOL!! I like how some guys rationalize the situation.. Cant beat him on the dyno, so beat him with a 14.5ET, cause he does not have a time slip.. Of course I am looking forward to Jimps success, and he already knows this..

I wonder what the reaction would be if I took a picture of my GTech in the 12's! LOL! You guys would say that doesnt count...LOL! Man, that GTECH is pretty close to the mark in reality.. I mean, how can you trick a GTECH.. sure he may be off by one or two hundreths, but thats it..

Anyone up for a GTECH race? Run the GTECH and post a picture of the ET and 1/4mile speed..??? Any takers?

I didnt think so.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Even over the internet, a GTECH could put an end to all the speculation.. But I doubt there is anyone brave enough to take me on..

LOL!! Man I need to quit! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

But seriously, I'll GTECH race anyone at this forum.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I am headed to the track, dont worry, just want to finish up a few more mods I have planned.. Until then, anyone talking trash can meet me at the GTECH staging lanes anytime..
[/b][/quote]
MSP Gtech Schmeetech. take it to the track it is a totally different ball game. If you even get to the 12s I will be the first one to congratulate you. Until then I call shenanigans! Just take it to the track, you will love it! Its not who you beat (it helps LOL) but, on improving your driving skills to get the most from your ride! Good luck, you will enjoy the rush!
Old 5/6/06, 07:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ May 6, 2006, 6:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Nah man.... Muhammad Ali used to talk a "little" smack. You talk a lot of smack at times [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/box2.gif[/img]

Upon review, I believe Firestang's declaration of shenanigins to be valid [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/policeman.gif[/img]

But in the end we know it's 'cause you're excited about the V6's potential and just mega-enthusiastic, so we still love ya, even when you're giving the pot a good stir [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/beer.gif[/img]
Old 5/6/06, 09:13 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 5/6/06, 02:01 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firestang70 @ May 6, 2006, 6:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Doug if you want to sell those PM or email me at dlewis10emtp@hotmail.com Those are great times, I just bested my ET last night 13.41 @ 105 on street tires, I desperately need DRs! Thanks Dale
MSP Gtech Schmeetech. take it to the track it is a totally different ball game. If you even get to the 12s I will be the first one to congratulate you. Until then I call shenanigans! Just take it to the track, you will love it! Its not who you beat (it helps LOL) but, on improving your driving skills to get the most from your ride! Good luck, you will enjoy the rush!
[/b][/quote]

I know I will love the track, when I finally get there.. Thats a givin Firestang! Lets get back on topic, because my buddy Afixer might hurt his head banging it on his hood! LOL!

Sorry Afixer, I love the XCharger!! Dont be mad at me because you have more restraint than I do when it comes to product representation.. Im positive Jimp will showcase the product from a perspective that will justify its existance..

My reason for stirring up the pot Firestang, is to make people want to shut me up so bad, they put 110% in to whatever they do.. I'm sure Jimp will put no less than 110% into this Xcharger project.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/6/06, 04:38 PM

Afixer did put 110% into this, his goals are not the same as ours, just like BlackLX's goals are not the same as yours.

Afixer wanted a dual purpose car, that he could run at the track, but focus is more on street and just enjoying some extra power. And, Afixer is the only SC'd 6 with timeslips, so I don't see how any other SC owner can be critical of him at this point in time.

BlackLX is more like some of the rest of us that are more intense in building the car up for the track. So, given this, his approach to the xcharger will most likely fall in line with his Zex project. And he also has time slips to back it up.

I think you contribute significantly to the 4.0 community, an example would be your intercooler project. I don't think "people want to shut you up so bad" approach is really pushing anyone here. If anything it only pushes people to call you out on your timeslip challenges.
Old 5/6/06, 04:58 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ May 6, 2006, 3:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Afixer did put 110% into this, his goals are not the same as ours, just like BlackLX's goals are not the same as yours.

Afixer wanted a dual purpose car, that he could run at the track, but focus is more on street and just enjoying some extra power. And, Afixer is the only SC'd 6 with timeslips, so I don't see how any other SC owner can be critical of him at this point in time.

BlackLX is more like some of the rest of us that are more intense in building the car up for the track. So, given this, his approach to the xcharger will most likely fall in line with his Zex project. And he also has time slips to back it up.

I think you contribute significantly to the 4.0 community, an example would be your intercooler project. I don't think "people want to shut you up so bad" approach is really pushing anyone here. If anything it only pushes people to call you out on your timeslip challenges.
[/b][/quote]

Yep your right Rygen!.. LOL!! Ok you got me.. I wove Afixer! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Ok Afixer has given 110%.. My bad..

Rygen's right as usual.. Lets hope Jimp continues his approach towards the crown.. He is the 2nd fastest among us in regards to timeslips.. I'm cheering for ya Jimp! Knock'em dead on the Dyno, then put Scrming out of his misery at the track..

While your at it, Rygen needs to be put in his place for being so logical all the time.. You have my permission to finish him off as well.. LOL! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Go Jimp Go!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 5/6/06, 05:42 PM
GT Member

it's nice to be loved!
Old 5/6/06, 08:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ May 6, 2006, 7:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yep your right Rygen!.. LOL!! Ok you got me.. I wove Afixer! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Ok Afixer has given 110%.. My bad..

Rygen's right as usual.. Lets hope Jimp continues his approach towards the crown.. He is the 2nd fastest among us in regards to timeslips.. I'm cheering for ya Jimp! Knock'em dead on the Dyno, then put Scrming out of his misery at the track..

While your at it, Rygen needs to be put in his place for being so logical all the time.. You have my permission to finish him off as well.. LOL! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Go Jimp Go!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I'll do my best! I'm sure Doug will be the voice of reason. I already want to spray more nitrous than he does. In the end I will heed his advice. When all is said and done i will be in the 12s. I still think Rygen will beat me there though. Maybe I'll be 2nd though, once again. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 5/6/06, 08:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ May 6, 2006, 9:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'll do my best! I'm sure Doug will be the voice of reason. I already want to spray more nitrous than he does. In the end I will heed his advice. When all is said and done i will be in the 12s. I still think Rygen will beat me there though. Maybe I'll be 2nd though, once again. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I'll only go as far as I think we should and you can still make it home safely. Now if you trailor your car up, then I'll go further but still only as safe as I think it can handle. I haven't blown any engines yet in my tuning career and I dont want yours to be the first.

Actually the way I plan on doing your nitrous setup is like the way I do it on all of my own personal vehicles. I spray into the MAF by placing a nozzle in the end of the air filter and then this allows the MAF to adjust for the additional airflow caused from the dense colder aircharge. We won't be using it as a Wet-Setup because I dont like the idea of spraying both Nitrous and Fuel through the supercharger. As long as you have the injectors to handle the added fuel demand you can spray till your hearts content. The injectors are what provide the extra fuel and the computer monitors and controlls it and this is alot better then depending on a fuel solonoid that only knows the TPS voltage is higher then 2.5 volts so its wide open. THe X-charger kit has the 03-04 Cobra 39lbs injectors so they are going to be able to hold well into the 300's.

Feel free to do some online research with about this on both supercharged lightnings and cobra's and you'll find that about a 30 shot jetting equals around a 50hp increase and so on. The gains from using nitrous on a super or turbocharged vehicle are alot more then on a n/a engine because you are supercooling the aircharge.

My n/a ZX2 runs 10.21 at best without nitrous but spraying it this way with a #46 jet it runs a 9.30, with a #43 jet it's best has been a 9.55. When I started doing this a #38 jet was as large as I could go before the injectors couldn't handle the added fuel demand. I then upgraded to 24lbs injectors and have went as high as a #54 but I couldn't hold the steering wheel straight when it kicked in, hahahaa. I've stopped on the #46 as I think thats as large as I'm gonna go before it gets Turbocharged.

Later Doug.

P.S. Dont make me get my ZX2 out after you MSP! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
Old 5/6/06, 08:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ May 6, 2006, 10:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'll only go as far as I think we should and you can still make it home safely. Now if you trailor your car up, then I'll go further but still only as safe as I think it can handle. I haven't blown any engines yet in my tuning career and I dont want yours to be the first.

Actually the way I plan on doing your nitrous setup is like the way I do it on all of my own personal vehicles. I spray into the MAF by placing a nozzle in the end of the air filter and then this allows the MAF to adjust for the additional airflow caused from the dense colder aircharge. We won't be using it as a Wet-Setup because I dont like the idea of spraying both Nitrous and Fuel through the supercharger. As long as you have the injectors to handle the added fuel demand you can spray till your hearts content. The injectors are what provide the extra fuel and the computer monitors and controlls it and this is alot better then depending on a fuel solonoid. THe X-charger kit has the 03-04 Cobra 39lbs injectors so they are going to be able to hold well into the 300's.

Feel free to do some online research with about this on both supercharged lightnings and cobra's and you'll find that about a 30 shot jetting equals around a 50hp increase and so on. The gains from using nitrous on a super or turbocharged vehicle are alot more then on a n/a engine because you are supercooling the aircharge.

My n/a ZX2 runs 10.21 at best without nitrous but spraying it this way with a #46 jet it runs a 9.30, with a #43 jet it's best has been a 9.55. When I started doing this a #38 jet was as large as I could go before the injectors couldn't handle the added fuel demand. I then upgraded to 24lbs injectors and have went as high as a #54 but I couldn't hold the steering wheel straight when it kicked in, hahahaa. I've stopped on the #46 as I think thats as large as I'm gonna go before it gets Turbocharged.

Later Doug.

P.S. Dont make me get my ZX2 out after you MSP! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Hey did Dave talk to you about the Snow kit? What are your thoughts on the Snow kit and nitrous? Or would that be a waste? The nitrous will be track only of course. I've already got the nitrous injecting about 6" back from the TB.
Old 5/8/06, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Doug904
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ May 6, 2006, 9:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Actually the way I plan on doing your nitrous setup is like the way I do it on all of my own personal vehicles. I spray into the MAF by placing a nozzle in the end of the air filter and then this allows the MAF to adjust for the additional airflow caused from the dense colder aircharge. We won't be using it as a Wet-Setup because I dont like the idea of spraying both Nitrous and Fuel through the supercharger. As long as you have the injectors to handle the added fuel demand you can spray till your hearts content. The injectors are what provide the extra fuel and the computer monitors and controlls it and this is alot better then depending on a fuel solonoid that only knows the TPS voltage is higher then 2.5 volts so its wide open. THe X-charger kit has the 03-04 Cobra 39lbs injectors so they are going to be able to hold well into the 300's.

Later Doug.

P.S. Dont make me get my ZX2 out after you MSP! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img][/quote]

Wow!!! Got a vid of that car, it sounds insane!!!!
Old 5/8/06, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by BlackLX4.0
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ May 6, 2006, 10:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Actually the way I plan on doing your nitrous setup is like the way I do it on all of my own personal vehicles. I spray into the MAF by placing a nozzle in the end of the air filter and then this allows the MAF to adjust for the additional airflow caused from the dense colder aircharge. We won't be using it as a Wet-Setup because I dont like the idea of spraying both Nitrous and Fuel through the supercharger. As long as you have the injectors to handle the added fuel demand you can spray till your hearts content. The injectors are what provide the extra fuel and the computer monitors and controlls it and this is alot better then depending on a fuel solonoid. THe X-charger kit has the 03-04 Cobra 39lbs injectors so they are going to be able to hold well into the 300's.

Later Doug.

[/b]
Hey did Dave talk to you about the Snow kit? What are your thoughts on the Snow kit and nitrous? Or would that be a waste? The nitrous will be track only of course. I've already got the nitrous injecting about 6" back from the TB.[/quote]

Are you gonna stick with a wet kit or dry kit? What is involved in the conversion if you go with a dry kit.
Old 5/9/06, 09:47 PM
GT Member

where did this go

Quick Reply: X-Charger X-Spec complete technical review...w/dynosheets