V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

X-Charger X-Spec complete technical review...w/dynosheets

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/06, 09:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ May 3, 2006, 11:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, not a problem, I know a guy on the Zex/Comp Cams techline that can help us figure out what combo would be safe. I have alot of Zex jets as well since i use the kit on my ZX2.
You would need to contact Dave at Explorer Express for that information, I just handle the tuning end of the deal.

Thanks, Doug.
[/b][/quote]

Ok, I'll give him a call. I'm doing this. I already have directions! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 5/3/06, 09:55 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!! Congrats Jimp! Welcome to the Boost Club!!

I have no idea how much power to even guess for you on this deal.. I know the 55shot should cool the boost off quite abit, plus add alittle more power...

I'm thinking 300+ RWHP easily, but I dont want to jinx it.. Lets just be patient and wait to see.. So your also going to use a different Cold air Intake? It should be interesting to see how much this improves the numbers with just boost..

Then you got the juice!! Man your a cheater! This aint fair man! LOL!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 02:31 PM
GT Member

what was the final pricing point on this setup? I have to read in a tiny window @ work (stupid 15' monitor) and I was skimming so I think I missed it, the Gist I get is about 3300 for all the parts, that include freight? I still like the idea of a turbo but an endorsement from Doug goes a long way in my mind. Also the $1400 break is also very inticing as well. So what would the damage be? is the Hi-Po an option yet? I live in Atlanta so if I end up with an X-charger I'm defnitely taking Doug up on his offer, and I have a manual.
Old 5/4/06, 09:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Goliath @ May 4, 2006, 3:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
what was the final pricing point on this setup? I have to read in a tiny window @ work (stupid 15' monitor) and I was skimming so I think I missed it, the Gist I get is about 3300 for all the parts, that include freight? I still like the idea of a turbo but an endorsement from Doug goes a long way in my mind. Also the $1400 break is also very inticing as well. So what would the damage be? is the Hi-Po an option yet? I live in Atlanta so if I end up with an X-charger I'm defnitely taking Doug up on his offer, and I have a manual.
[/b][/quote]

Truthfully I dont think he has set a price yet, this was a prototype kit that is very close to production. He's still waiting on a few other items to set it up and then see where he's at. Unfortunatly EE isn't a large company so they dont get breaks on parts as most of the S/C companies do and this is why the kits do run as high as the others. I can say that with the 39 lbs injectors, MP90 S/C, custom cast aluminum intake into the S/C, and the price he's paying for the X-2's I can guaruntee he's not making half the profit as most larger companies either.

I think the attempted release date will be June 1st, that's what he's shooting for to begin shipping. Also anyone who purchases a kit and is willing to come to me or if I'm in your area any fine tuning on the dyno is complimentary. The dynotime is upto you unless we work something else out but you have my full support otherwise.

I can also do Vortech and Procharger tuning so if you have one of those and want some fine tuning that's something we can work out as well.

Thanks, Doug [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Doug,
Are the X-cals from EE going to be loaded with your tune? Do we buy the S/C from EE when it is ready for production or are you going to be offering anything from your website? Thanks for all the time you put into this stuff it really helps a guy decide what the right thing to buy for his car is.
Old 5/5/06, 02:29 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GIDDEUP @ May 5, 2006, 8:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Doug,
Are the X-cals from EE going to be loaded with your tune? Do we buy the S/C from EE when it is ready for production or are you going to be offering anything from your website? Thanks for all the time you put into this stuff it really helps a guy decide what the right thing to buy for his car is.
[/b][/quote]

What I find awsome about Doug904, is he is willing to install the units for free, and give free dyno time, and free tunes! WOW!! Doug904 what planet were you born on? It cant be Planet Earth! Your way to nice to have come from such a troubled world..

Is there an award which can be created for Doug904? Good tunes, and a Good heart.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ May 5, 2006, 4:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What I find awsome about Doug904, is he is willing to install the units for free, and give free dyno time, and free tunes! WOW!! Doug904 what planet were you born on? It cant be Planet Earth! Your way to nice to have come from such a troubled world..

Is there an award which can be created for Doug904? Good tunes, and a Good heart.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yea, I'm wondering what he could do with a V6 Vortec setup. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 03:17 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ May 5, 2006, 1:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yea, I'm wondering what he could do with a V6 Vortec setup. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Another Vortech Brother Finally comes home!! Congrats Rygen!! I am honor'd you have chosen to join my team... Man, this has made it all worth it!

LOL!! I am grinning from ear to ear! LOL!

Dont worry man, we are gonna be tough to beat.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I am curious what Doug904 will do for you with the SCT... This is going to be interesting..

I am so proud of you man! I promise the Vortech wont let you down! Made my day!

We have got a pretty good team setup here..

Of course, we as 4.0-er's all belong to the same team, no matter what the power adder.. But inside the team, chaos exist tremendously now.. We have got Vortech's, Procharger's, Xchargers/NOS.. Soon we will be graced with a Powerhouse Turbo!

I'll tell you what guys, they are going to have to beat us all to win. We are gonna pepper the TMS Time Slip list all over the place.. TMS Look out, the V6's are coming, and they are coming in many different forms.. We are going to dominate the landscape.. LOL!!

Well, we will try atleast.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Ok Doug904, this is your opportunity to show the world how you can tune 2 different extremes.. First Jimp with the Xcharger on Nitrous Steroids, then Rygen Blown out of his freakin mind with the mighty Vortech centrifugal!

Pop corn!! I need Popcorn.. Battle of the Dyno's!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 03:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ May 5, 2006, 5:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Another Vortech Brother Finally comes home!! Congrats Rygen!! I am honor'd you have chosen to join my team... Man, this has made it all worth it!

LOL!! I am grinning from ear to ear! LOL!

Dont worry man, we are gonna be tough to beat.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I am curious what Doug904 will do for you with the SCT... This is going to be interesting..

I am so proud of you man! I promise the Vortech wont let you down! Made my day!

We have got a pretty good team setup here..

Of course, we as 4.0-er's all belong to the same team, no matter what the power adder.. But inside the team, chaos exist tremendously now.. We have got Vortech's, Procharger's, Xchargers/NOS.. Soon we will be graced with a Powerhouse Turbo!

I'll tell you what guys, they are going to have to beat us all to win. We are gonna pepper the TMS Time Slip list all over the place.. TMS Look out, the V6's are coming, and they are coming in many different forms.. We are going to dominate the landscape.. LOL!!

Well, we will try atleast.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Ok Doug904, this is your opportunity to show the world how you can tune 2 different extremes.. First Jimp with the Xcharger on Nitrous Steroids, then Rygen Blown out of his freakin mind with the mighty Vortech centrifugal!

Pop corn!! I need Popcorn.. Battle of the Dyno's!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Woa, sorry dude, wait a minute. I was actually asking what could Doug do with a V6 vortech. My bad man.
Old 5/5/06, 03:27 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ May 5, 2006, 2:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Woa, sorry dude, wait a minute. I was actually asking what could Doug do with a V6 vortech. My bad man.
[/b][/quote]

LOL!! No problem man.. Take your time! I leave the front door unlocked for ya! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 03:38 PM
MSP
Banned

Ok Rygen! I tell you what I'm gonna do.. Since you seem to be having a hard time trying to focus in on the light at the end of the tunnel, I will make it easier for you...

My A/F gauge is not here yet, still waiting.. But I am going to go get dyno'd, so I can post the 400RWHP dyno sheet..

This dyno will be a challenge for Doug and Jimp to beat with the Xcharger/NOS setup... Not sure when Jimp is getting his setup installed and tune, but the time has come to stop pulling punches with the Vortech..

I'm going to just start knocking people out the box.. So give me 1 or 2 days for the dyno sheet.. Enough is enough..

Ok Jimp, do your best to beat these numbers, with the new Xcharger and NOS combination.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

May the best setup win! Wish me luck guys!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] I think I am ready.. I'll slap the 2.62 pulley on tomorrow, and set the appointment..

Gloves are off now..
Old 5/5/06, 03:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ May 5, 2006, 5:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok Rygen! I tell you what I'm gonna do.. Since you seem to be having a hard time trying to focus in on the light at the end of the tunnel, I will make it easier for you...
My A/F gauge is not here yet, still waiting.. But I am going to go get dyno'd, so I can post the 400RWHP dyno sheet..

This dyno will be a challenge for Doug and Jimp to beat with the Xcharger/NOS setup... Not sure when Jimp is getting his setup installed and tune, but the time has come to stop pulling punches with the Vortech..

I'm going to just start knocking people out the box.. So give me 1 or 2 days for the dyno sheet.. Enough is enough..

Ok Jimp, do your best to beat these numbers, with the new Xcharger and NOS combination.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

May the best setup win! Wish me luck guys!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] I think I am ready.. I'll slap the 2.62 pulley on tomorrow, and set the appointment..

Gloves are off now..
[/b][/quote]

I don't really expect to beat your numbers. Doug wants to use a very small shot of nitrous and I'll listen to him. But maybe, just maybe, I'll give you a number to beat at the track. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 03:52 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ May 5, 2006, 5:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I don't really expect to beat your numbers. Doug wants to use a very small shot of nitrous and I'll listen to him. But maybe, just maybe, I'll give you a number to beat at the track. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I got a number to beat at the track:
You hear me John, enjoy it while you can man!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 03:54 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ May 5, 2006, 5:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Gloves are off now..
[/b][/quote]

Ok... so this is just dyno sheets? Or will there be time slips too? I'm unclear here... You already have like the "top" dyno sheet... So who are your "knocking out of the box?"... we know how the Vortech works on the Dyno... what we don't know is how it works at the track... ???
Old 5/5/06, 03:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ May 5, 2006, 5:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You hear me John, enjoy it while you can man!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I don't expect to beat you at the track either. I expect you to be the quickest 4.0 out there very soon! I think I'll be pretty quick and pretty safe at the same time. I've got a good month to wait though. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 04:13 PM
MSP
Banned

To be totally honest guys, I dont think its actually fair for me to put this type of pressure on Jimp and Doug904...

In a way, I feel like I am being a bully..

The current facts as they relate to reality is this... With jimps Xcharger setup, he and Doug904 need to create 150RWHP above and beyond what is already in public view..

This means, he need the 250RWHP the current kit in Afixer's car has, plus an additional 150RWHP to match my performance..

Currently for myself, based on my last dyno, I need to find 70RWHP.. The fact is, we know the number is there with the same V2 Supercharger and SOHC 4.0 engine..

So I just need to tune in to the point in the tune, at which this number resides..

I really dont like for Doug904 to be faced with this with such a new product.. Finding 150RWHP when his base is 250RWHP is going to be tough.. I like Doug904, and dont want to pit my setup against his longtime friend in this way.. Even with them using nitrous, 150RWHP is just way out there in terms of raw power..

I need to think about this more though.. I am not trying to show off, cause I want there to be lots of options for our cars.. The fact is, if Doug904 is not able to find this on the dyno, I dont want his efforts to be viewed as a failure.. He has just got too much RWHP to make up in order to pull this off..

So I am willing to call off the dyno, in an attempt to remove pressure from Doug904 and the new product.. Sorry guys, I should know better.. Its not really a fair matchup..

But I am willing to entertain any opinions from you all if you have them.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 04:38 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ May 5, 2006, 6:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

This means, he need the 250RWHP the current kit in Afixer's car has, plus an additional 150RWHP to match my performance..

[/b][/quote]

Actually I think you mean match your dyno numbers, not performance... sorry but until you take the car to the track your really haven't shown us your cars perfomance... Performance to me is the whole ball of wax... all the things working together, engine, tranny, suspension...
Old 5/5/06, 04:40 PM
GT Member

this is getting pretty funny so if i can run a 9.098 with my set up once jimp gets the setup. i know he will be in the good 8s for sure and thats without the juice! i really dont know what all the fuss is. if a peg leg 3.331 rear end can pull a 9.0 just think what i could have done with a lsd and 4.10s i mean with dougs track tune all i could do was burn out. can you imagin what i would have done if i hooked up. so msp i sit back here and listen to all the hipe but really. it dont mean squat and im sorry . but i only took it to the track because i fealt i needed to due to all of this crap. and alot of the guys came up to me last night and were in awh that i was a v6 peg leg and no juice putting down the times i was. and i suck. i know if joun or todd were driving i would have got the 8 but that was not as important as the fealing i got racing down the strait what a f in rush. luckily for me i was able to quit smoking and this will be easier. i will however return once the LSD is in. but thats about it. so at this point dynos dont mean s h *T to me they can be manipulated to a point. but a time slip is a time slip and i have over 100 witnesses to prove it!

and now back to your show!
Old 5/5/06, 04:42 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ May 5, 2006, 5:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Hey... go for it!!! I've been on top far to long! I need a break! I'm going to relax and enjoy the summer... I'll let you bask in the glory this summer... but 2007 will be the year of The Mistress... LOL!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(afixer @ May 5, 2006, 6:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
this is getting pretty funny so if i can run a 9.098 with my set up once jimp gets the setup. i know he will be in the good 8s for sure and thats without the juice! i really dont know what all the fuss is. if a peg leg 3.331 rear end can pull a 9.0 just think what i could have done with a lsd and 4.10s i mean with dougs track tune all i could do was burn out. can you imagin what i would have done if i hooked up. so msp i sit back here and listen to all the hipe but really. it dont mean squat and im sorry . but i only took it to the track because i fealt i needed to due to all of this crap. and alot of the guys came up to me last night and were in awh that i was a v6 peg leg and no juice putting down the times i was. and i suck. i know if joun or todd were driving i would have got the 8 but that was not as important as the fealing i got racing down the strait what a f in rush. luckily for me i was able to quit smoking and this will be easier. i will however return once the LSD is in. but thats about it. so at this point dynos dont mean s h *T to me they can be manipulated to a point. but a time slip is a time slip and i have over 100 witnesses to prove it!

and now back to your show!
[/b][/quote]

Dude, you've got to find a 1/4 mile track!!!!

And the RUSH... it is very addictive!!!! LOL!
Old 5/5/06, 06:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ May 5, 2006, 5:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
sorry but until you take the car to the track your really haven't shown us your cars perfomance... Performance to me is the whole ball of wax... all the things working together, engine, tranny, suspension...
[/b][/quote]

Amen brother John! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

A car running on REAL pavement, fighting REAL wind resistance, requiring REAL traction and covering REAL distance is the only way to judge performance in the REAL world.

There's a reason why they don't just judge NHRA events in a garage with side-by-side dynos

NOT available on a dyno: [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/flag.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: X-Charger X-Spec complete technical review...w/dynosheets