V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

X-Charger for the 4.0 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/05, 07:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_829875/tm.htm
Ripped from another forum, I don't know if everyone checks out every forum I do, lol. Looks pretty sweet!
Old 12/1/05, 07:46 PM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jimp@December 1, 2005, 6:35 PM
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_829875/tm.htm
Ripped from another forum, I don't know if everyone checks out every forum I do, lol. Looks pretty sweet!

LOL!! Thanks Jimp, you got me all wet!! That baby looks real good... The stock pully is for about 5.5psi of boost.. Change the pulley, and add the intercooler it can go as high as 14psi.. So yes, I love the way that setup looks.. Sweet!!
Old 12/1/05, 07:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by MSP@December 1, 2005, 10:49 PM
LOL!! Thanks Jimp, you got me all wet!! That baby looks real good... The stock pully is for about 5.5psi of boost.. Change the pulley, and add the intercooler it can go as high as 14psi.. So yes, I love the way that setup looks.. Sweet!!
I like the way the blower sits right on top of the engine, old school baby. And I'm sure it's instant boost, great for the street.
Old 12/1/05, 07:53 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Jimp@December 1, 2005, 6:52 PM
I like the way the blower sits right on top of the engine, old school baby. And I'm sure it's instant boost, great for the street.

Thats the one we will get Jimp!! Remember, thats the original one I was going after.. Promise me we will get this one!! LOL!! I like this much better than the rest for sure...

It will be between this and Powerhouses setup.. Depending on Mikes price.. But you already know this Eaton setup was my original dream...
Old 12/1/05, 08:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by MSP@December 1, 2005, 10:56 PM
Thats the one we will get Jimp!! Remember, thats the original one I was going after.. Promise me we will get this one!! LOL!! I like this much better than the rest for sure...

It will be between this and Powerhouses setup.. Depending on Mikes price.. But you already know this Eaton setup was my original dream...
I really like the idea of Mike's turbo. I'm interested to see how it hooks up to the exhaust. I like this one too. I like the Vortech as well, lol! It's great to have choices. I'm going to wait until I can see final pics and specs on all of them when they come out.
Old 12/1/05, 08:01 PM
MSP
Banned

Jimp with the Stock pulley we are looking at 40% that Equals 296HP and 336Ft lbs of torque... Take away 15% for drivetrain loss, and we are at 249RWHP, and 286RWTQ!...

Now later, you can add the intercooler, and a smaller pulley and raise the boost!!

Heck, with these kind of numbers, Ford could sell a S/C V6 stang, and still not threaten the GT!! Which means, it should still be cheaper than a GT and can use the 7.5 TLOK without fear of it breaking..

I think Ford should use this setup for a factory V6 Supercharged Mustang!!

Old 12/1/05, 08:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by MSP@December 1, 2005, 11:04 PM
Jimp with the Stock pulley we are looking at 40% that Equals 296HP and 336Ft lbs of torque... Take away 15% for drivetrain loss, and we are at 249RWHP, and 286RWTQ!...

Now later, you can add the intercooler, and a smaller pulley and raise the boost!!

Heck, with these kind of numbers, Ford could sell a S/C V6 stang, and still not threaten the GT!! Which means, it should still be cheaper than a GT and can use the 7.5 TLOK without fear of it breaking..

I think Ford should use this setup for a factory V6 Supercharged Mustang!!

[img=http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1745/53020219xchargerinstalled2kd.th.jpg]
This is true. And if I need more I can always flick on the Zex.
Old 12/1/05, 08:14 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Jimp@December 1, 2005, 7:11 PM
This is true. And if I need more I can always flick on the Zex.

Your quite right.. Heck, a 75shot would do the job perfectly!! With a 100 shot you would be deep into the 11's!!

With a 100Shot, you would be at 315RWHP, and 465RWTQ!!! Jesus!!
Old 12/1/05, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

While looking at the link I read where TJ wrote about a new camshaft, et al. But then he seemed a little defensive when Rygen aked him for the link. darn, I have an 06 and wish I could find some concrete answers!! I have done some searching but I guess the lack of might be an indication that there were no changes.

Does anyone know the price of the X-Charger?
Old 12/1/05, 08:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Excepcion13@December 1, 2005, 11:20 PM
While looking at the link I read where TJ wrote about a new camshaft, et al. But then he seemed a little defensive when Rygen aked him for the link. darn, I have an 06 and wish I could find some concrete answers!! I have done some searching but I guess the lack of might be an indication that there were no changes.

Does anyone know the price of the X-Charger?
http://www.explorerexpress.com/catal...ercharger.html
$3500 is the price for the current X-Charger. Should be about the same for the Mustang.
Old 12/1/05, 08:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Jimp@December 1, 2005, 9:33 PM
http://www.explorerexpress.com/catal...ercharger.html
$3500 is the price for the current X-Charger. Should be about the same for the Mustang.

Not to mention I do the tuning for each and everykit, that makes it worth it!

I've been with Dave now for over a year with the S/C tuning and have known of his business for more then 5 years now. You wont go wrong with Explorer Express..

Doug
Old 12/1/05, 08:48 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Doug904@December 1, 2005, 7:46 PM

I've been with Dave now for over a year with the S/C tuning and have known of his business for more then 5 years now. You wont go wrong with Explorer Express..

Doug
So this means, if we go with this S/C, we can basically get all tunes from you which have been engineered for the best possible numbers? LOL!! Nice Doug!! I really like this one.. Visually, it really makes an impression..
Old 12/1/05, 09:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Doug904@December 1, 2005, 11:46 PM

Doug
This is a big plus for me. I trust your tunes completely and doing business with you has been great.
Old 12/2/05, 12:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Jimp@December 1, 2005, 11:10 PM
This is a big plus for me. I trust your tunes completely and doing business with you has been great.
Doug = The Man
Old 12/2/05, 05:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by MSP@December 1, 2005, 9:51 PM
So this means, if we go with this S/C, we can basically get all tunes from you which have been engineered for the best possible numbers? LOL!! Nice Doug!! I really like this one.. Visually, it really makes an impression..

That's right. Check out this post where Explorer Express and BamaChips were in Four Wheeler magazine with the 4.0 SOHC s/c kit for the Ranger/Explorer/Sport tracs....

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=39896

Dave spares no expense when it comes do making a great kit with excellent quality and this new kit will be the same, except for the larger head unit which will make great new numbers

Thanks, Doug.
Old 12/2/05, 08:05 AM
MSP
Banned

Is it me, or does this unit seem slightly overpriced compared to some of the other offerings?

Lets say this one will be $3500.. This seems pretty high priced for a unit without an intercooler, which yields a max HP rating at around 296HP@ crank.. It seems this unit should be no more than about $2500 as it sits..

The Vortech unit

Part # 4FU218-728SQ 2005 V6 Mustang Tuner Kit w/cooler** (S-Trim polished) MSRP: $3,981.95

This unit is full asatin trim, which should be 350HP @ crank, and all of 300HP at the wheels... This one is intercooled as well....

Since my time frame for getting my blower is somewhere around the first of the new year, this set of circumstances means that I cannot legitamately consider the Explorer Express even though I desire the Eaton style over the Vortech style.. For the money, the Vortech is alot better deal overall..

Unless Explorer Express charges a more appropriate fee for their blower its not gonna happen.. I think the unit should be priced at $2500 as it sits..

What do you guys think?
Old 12/2/05, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MSP@December 2, 2005, 10:08 AM
Is it me, or does this unit seem slightly overpriced compared to some of the other offerings?

Lets say this one will be $3500.. This seems pretty high priced for a unit without an intercooler, which yields a max HP rating at around 296HP@ crank.. It seems this unit should be no more than about $2500 as it sits..

The Vortech unit

Part # 4FU218-728SQ 2005 V6 Mustang Tuner Kit w/cooler** (S-Trim polished) MSRP: $3,981.95

This unit is full asatin trim, which should be 350HP @ crank, and all of 300HP at the wheels... This one is intercooled as well....

Since my time frame for getting my blower is somewhere around the first of the new year, this set of circumstances means that I cannot legitamately consider the Explorer Express even though I desire the Eaton style over the Vortech style.. For the money, the Vortech is alot better deal overall..

Unless Explorer Express charges a more appropriate fee for their blower its not gonna happen.. I think the unit should be priced at $2500 as it sits..

What do you guys think?

I agree, without the intercooler I can't see throwing that kind of money down. And 296 at the flywheel just dosent scream out to me. But it is a bit early and the vendors keep comming up with units for us to look at, so the market should mature and prices taper out a bit.
Old 12/2/05, 08:34 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@December 2, 2005, 7:21 AM
I agree, without the intercooler I can't see throwing that kind of money down. And 296 at the flywheel just dosent scream out to me. But it is a bit early and the vendors keep comming up with units for us to look at, so the market should mature and prices taper out a bit.

Well, it seems to me this unit based on the 2005 V6 4.0, should be allowed to put out alittle more boost.. Explorer Express's previous dealing with the 4.0 in general have made them alitttle shy of adding too much power..

No problem I say!! Just dont try and charge an arm and a leg for the unit.. Charge me an amount, that once I add an intercooler and a smaller pulley, I will be around $3500 bucks..

Should this unit debut with no intercooler, and remain at only a 40% boost gain, then to me, its really not worth more than $2295-2500 bucks..

Maybe Doug should talk to them, and get a few things on the table.. I will be ready for mine between Janurary and Feburary.. The credit card by then will have enough room to buy 3 of these units.. LOL!! I only need one..

So the ***** in their court.. So far my choices are clear...

1. Powerhouse Single Turbo

2. Vortech S-Trim Polished

These are the two most likley to find a place inside my credit card... Nice spacious luxurious home!!
Old 12/2/05, 08:37 AM
GT Member

I agree, at that price - I'm still looking at getting the Vortech in the next couple of months. I may even get it without the intercooloer and save some $$. I'm not looking for an 11sec car either, just something that will smoke most ricers - or atleast keep up with a WRX

I think the Vortech (about $2,700-$3,000 + Injectors, etc... + Install + SCT unless you like most here have one already) will still run you less than this unit installed. Who knows , maybe this has some merit too. I guess we can wait and see, so far - I still like Vortech - But I'm all for impressing me with some numbers ....
Old 12/2/05, 08:44 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by screaminyellin6@December 2, 2005, 7:40 AM
I agree, at that price - I'm still looking at getting the Vortech in the next couple of months. I may even get it without the intercooloer and save some $$. I'm not looking for an 11sec car either, just something that will smoke most ricers - or atleast keep up with a WRX

I think the Vortech (about $2,700-$3,000 + Injectors, etc... + Install + SCT unless you like most here have one already) will still run you less than this unit installed. Who knows , maybe this has some merit too. I guess we can wait and see, so far - I still like Vortech - But I'm all for impressing me with some numbers ....

Dont get me wrong, my original plan when I bought the car was to go with an Eaton Blower.. Explorer Express's kit is my true desire over all.. However, for what comes with the kit in terms of gains for the amount, is unacceptable... I'm hoping Doug reads this, and finds a way to make Explorer Express's kit more attractive.. Doug is creditable around here.. So I trust he can get it done.. But this is business, and my 2005 V6 wont settle for me putting out $4 grand, and still losing to Scrming with a 100Shot of Nitrous.. No way, thats gonna happen.. So I say to Doug, its time to Pony up and get some things done on this kit, or I'll leave it on the shelf, as much as I truley desire it over the others..

Quick Reply: X-Charger for the 4.0 Mustang