V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

V6 Stalls after long highway trip

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/05 | 11:15 PM

Originally posted by panamajk89@July 26, 2005, 6:47 AM
Mine stalled out last week in rush-hour traffic. At least I was in the far-righthand lane! Popped her in neutral and restarted right away. Really strange, but it hasn't happened since. Need to keep an eye on this.

panamajk89

V6 Premium Coupe
Satin Silver Metallic
Build Date: 5/27/2005

This happened to me to on the freeway while i was trying to pass other cars, I put it in 4th gear and it made a pop and the car turned off, I was like "oh s*@t". So I put it in neutral and got off the freeway very carefully, tried to start and it wouldn't. I had to tow it to the dealer, it was a bad air filter from jiffy lube..those suckers.
Old 8/28/05 | 07:21 AM

Just got my car back. All 3 TSBs completed (front suspension popping noise; 1500 rpm exhaust vibration; gas tank replacement). I'm posting info on what Ford is doing to help me so others can get their dealers to help as much as mine has. Between us all, we should be able to figure this thing out.
My dealer didn't stop when they couldn't find any error codes. They talked with Ford who sent an Avitek model ADR data logger (www.avtk.com) they installed in my car. It plugs into PCM outlet under dash (see photo), data logger lays on floor under floor mat (see photo), and a thumb-activated push botton sits on the console (see photo). When the stalling event occurs, I push the button for 1-2 seconds and the event that just happened is stored in data logger which continuously monitors computer. It can store multiple events. Once I log 1 or more events, I return to dealer who disconnects and FEDEXs unit back to Ford for analysis.
Because this stalling has only happened infrequently on my car, and because I had the gas tank replaced (see dynaflash post on possible connection to tank replacement), I hope all this info will enable others with the stalling problem to get help from their dealers. Between us all, we should be able to figure this thing out.
Thanks in advance for your support!
Old 8/28/05 | 07:22 AM

Couldn't fit all 3 pics in one post. Here's the push button switch.
Old 8/28/05 | 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

that is awesome that the dealer is trying to resolve this and that you have let them install this device and cooperating with their instructions.
Old 8/29/05 | 11:45 PM

The hesitation is a known problem. I was told by the dealer that Ford engineers haven't come up with a solution. This is "fly by wire" technology. This hesitation will eventually cause an accident. I reported it to NTSB in hoping that others do so Ford will address the issue.